View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Ana Jate
Passionate Fan

Ozy, Erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luthien*
But i think the fact that they said Juliet actually did see the afterlife reunion while she was passing away proves that Jack was also seeing the afterlife.

I mean yeah we didnt have a specific "coffee" line like Juliet's but we did get very meaningful transitions between church scenes and Jack's last minutes. I mean whats the point of transitions between the scenes if they are not telling us how 2 worlds collide in that moment?

Jack collapses on the ground the same second Jate falls on the seat together, Jack puts his hand on his other hand at the same second Jate's fingers intertwine, Jack smiles on the island while Jack smiles at the church, Jack looks at Kate, while Jack sees the plane flying above and thinking Kate... I do believe those scenes put together in that way to tell us Jack was present in both worlds in his last seconds.
The description here is amazing! I think nobody can deny that Jack saw his reunion with Kate and that they were so happy! He knew for sure that 'It worked'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Erica (View Post)
Which is another reason why I believe that full-on Jate resolution had to wait until the end, because it would coincide with Jack's last moments alive, which were always going to be at the very end. While Juliet didn't plan to die so soon and to leave James the way she did, but what an incredible passing of life into death, KNOWING that she would see James again? That she was seeing him as life rushed from her?

The SAME thing happened to Jack and Kate. I feel like the entire last season was leading up to this pivotal moment where Jack accomplishes what he needed to, but that sacrifice is met with a surprise and a moment so much bigger than life. His love for Kate is the only thing that withstood him until the end. His death and his ultimate happiness landed in the same moment, and it's sad, but also truly breathtaking at the same time.

ETA: HEY PEEPS!
Can it be more powerful? Seriously, Jack and Kate are the essence of Lost like they are the essence of each other! What a beautiful and unforgetable love story