Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jack represented REDEMPTION for Kate! He saw her potential, he saw the woman Kate could be even tho at first she didnt believe it herself. But Jack challenged her, he made her SEE it and in the end Kate became this amazing person. A truly heroic, compassionate, selfless and responsible person. Someone who doesnt afraid of facing her demons, someone who doesnt feel the need to "run" anymore
A love for ages.
The love of a lifetime.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

a love that goes beyond a lifetime. They will love each other for eternity now
Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

She suffered with feelings of inadequacy DUE TO the myramid of sins she didn't want to share with him...

For some reason this line remind me of this scene

How her heart wished to be with Jack, how she wanted him to be asking her to be his Eve but her mind was telling her the opposite. How she was suffering with feelings of inadequacy bcoz she didnt feel good enough, bcoz she thought she was just a criminal on the run and she was doomed to be bad (bcoz of Wayne) how she was a tiger that could never change its stripes. And it was all DUE to her PAST not JACK. Jack represented everything she wanted to be, she wanted to have... But in S1 and S2 she wasnt ready to face her own potential yet. That's why she ran, she got closer to someone who's alike, who didn't see her potential, who never challenged her, who never made her want to be "better"... That was the easy move.
But change is never easy. The path to redemption is not always a peaceful one. Thank god Kate had Jack or she would stay as a criminal, who regrets her past but doesn't think she can do anything to change it. Who would keep hating herself forever. Who would run away from "good". Who would always long for a "better" life but never thinks she deserves it.
Kate now knows she deserves it. She believes in herself. She believes in her own judgement. She will do the right thing no matter how painful the consequences would be and you can count on it.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinzia1 (View Post)
a love that goes beyond a lifetime. They will love each other for eternity now
Yeah, it's one of a kind love.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How her heart wished to be with Jack, how she wanted him to be asking her to be his Eve but her mind was telling her the opposite. How she was suffering with feelings of inadequacy bcoz she didnt feel good enough, bcoz she thought she was just a criminal on the run and she was doomed to be bad (bcoz of Wayne) how she was a tiger that could never change its stripes. And it was all DUE to her PAST not JACK. Jack represented everything she wanted to be, she wanted to have... But in S1 and S2 she wasnt ready to face her own potential yet. That's why she ran, she got closer to someone who's alike, who didn't see her potential, who never challenged her, who never made her want to be "better"... That was the easy move.
But change is never easy. The path to redemption is not always a peaceful one. Thank god Kate had Jack or she would stay as a criminal, who regret her past but doesn't think she can do anything to change it. Who would keep hating herself forever. Who would run away from "good". Who would always long for a "better" life but never thinks she deserves it.
Kate now knows she deserves it. She believes in herself. She believes in her own judgement. She will do the right thing no matter how painful the consequences would be and you can count on it.

aw...well said Oz Liek you said in S1 and 2 she kept running, but something happened in S3 when she couldn't leave Jack behind. As Evi said "For the first time in her life she stayed, rather than run". That was the first step for the redemption. And it was for Jack, for her love for him. But thank to Jack's love too.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

So now that LE is out too, there will be no new Lost stuff coming up

I feel like, Lost ended again
Old 10-23-2010, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

oh jate why are you so epic? I feel like crying
Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank god Kate had Jack or she would stay as a criminal, who regret her past but doesn't think she can do anything to change it. Who would keep hating herself forever. Who would run away from "good". Who would always long for a "better" life but never thinks she deserves it.
I can't even phantom that idea
Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And you know what I was thinking? About a review for TI. "Jack decided to believe, for love, for Kate".
Kate was Jack's redemption as well. Because of their love, he wanted to believe and he really thought they were meant to be.

Oz don't say so We still have GG
Old 10-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kate was Jack's redemption as well. Because of their love, he wanted to believe and he really thought they were meant to be.
That's why their love story is best ever told,because it is so much more than just romance or sex or anything else, it's a mix of romance, caring, redemption, faith, fate, contrast, destiny, obstacles, it's so much.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

exactly Cin... we focus on Kate's redemption because she was the one who needed a "more visible" redemption...because she had been a criminal,the "dark" in the white/dark binomial that they represented. but,as we saw in s3,jack had the "dark" in himself too,and event tho he's always been a good,great man,he too needed a redemption. He had to learn how to let go,how to BELIEVE,and both,the island and kate gave that to him. As the encyclopedia said,jack left their relationship in the hands of fate,. Not only he understood that there was a thing called destiny, that he had to accomplish,and that the same destiny would bring him and Kate together one day,but in the name of "faith" he even gave up his own life.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
aw...well said Oz Liek you said in S1 and 2 she kept running, but something happened in S3 when she couldn't leave Jack behind. As Evi said "For the first time in her life she stayed, rather than run". That was the first step for the redemption. And it was for Jack, for her love for him. But thank to Jack's love too.
Yeah i think the end of I Do and NIP are pretty important moments for Jate. Coz up untill then Kate was always torn about her feelings for Jack and Sawyer. It was not just Kate being undecided about 2 guys. It was Kate's conflict about herself. Past or future. Change or stagnancy. What she was or what wants to be. Running or staying... etc.

Even after the cage sex she couldn't returned and couldn't even accepted Sawyer's love. But when she had to leave Jack behind, it hit her. She could lose him forever, and thats when she started to realize the magnitude of her feelings for Jack. Before that she wasnt really aware of the depth of her feelings for him. She was busy with trying to avoid her feelings for Jack coz everything he represented was too good and scary for her. Thats what she thought tho.

I think when she faced the possibilty of losing Jack forever she realized how much she loved him and how much she wanted to discover her own potential. How she didn't want to be stuck in her past. How she wanted to have that second chance with Jack. That's why in S4 she was truly ready to leave the island despite what Miles said. She wanted to face whatever future was waiting for her out of the island even that meant handcuffs and owning the consequenses of her actions. Jack was leaving and so was she. Who came with them and didn't wasnt going to make any difference for Kate coz she already made her decision.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

I think,speaking of Jack,u only need to say one thing reguarding his redemption/love for kate:

the only thing he ever wanted for himself was kate,
but he became so much of a man of faith,that he put the thing he cared the most in the hands of fate...hoping that he was right this once,that he was doing what he was supposed to,and that for that,one day he'll be rewarded.

And he did.

and now I'll stop before I cry again
Old 10-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And you know what I was thinking? About a review for TI. "Jack decided to believe, for love, for Kate".
And they were meant to be... Maybe not in this life, but in all the others...
They were each others soulmates.. they were made for each other. And that's the kind of love and bond that even death cannot destroy
Old 10-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He had to learn how to let go,how to BELIEVE,and both,the island and kate gave that to him. As the encyclopedia said,jack left their relationship in the hands of fate,. Not only he understood that there was a thing called destiny, that he had to accomplish,and that the same destiny would bring him and Kate together one day,but in the name of "faith" he even gave up his own life.

this is so beautiful I think in the end Jack and Kate got the best resolution and redemption

Sawyer too but they decided to focus on him in S5 and he kinda lost himself again in S6 because Juliet wasnt with him anymore.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread