Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Anybody watched? I wasn't home, but I'm home now. I'm going to watch the episode later on.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

I came across this article recently, don't think it's been posted here yet - interview with Jennie
Jane the Virgin: How the Cancer Story Came Together
This is a little question with Jane/Rafael
Quote:
Argh! I’m so curious, because now that Jane is with Rafael, I want to know how long that relationship is going to last and what the romance endgame is going to look like for them.
JSU: I know! I will say: we’re writing to the ending that we’ve planned for a long time. Telenovelas are written with an ending in mind! We are calibrating that, and then we have to wait for the powers that be that tell us when that is and when we can discuss it.
So they definitely know what they're heading towards.

I haven't seen the episode yet, later today hopefully
Feel free to discuss if you have
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 04-06-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the article.

I didn't watch so I'm two episodes behind.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched but I'm not feeling well so I can't give a major recap.

The "big" event that Raf and Jane had was telling one another "I love you." But it was done in front of the kids while they were saying goodbye so they coudln't take much time for it. Later, Raf decorates his apartment in a romantic way so they can commemorate their ILY--with sex. We flash forward to later and Jane gets up inspired to write. She writes all night. The next day Raf is cleaning out one of her drawers and notices the pages and notices that it's about Michael.

He brings it up to her and says it makes him feel like second choice even though he knows that's silly. Jane said the reason she wrote about Michael is because she realizes it was the anniversary of his death. It was the first year she "forgot". Later, Raf shows her a bigger desk where she can keep stuff because her stuff keeps spreading out. And she can write as much as she'd like and he won't read. She says it makes the place look cramped and that they should get a bigger place. They're going to move in together. (Next week, it shows them moving back to Alba's but Alba says they can't share a room. She walks in on them. )

JR, Petra, Jane and Raf all have dinner. Jane tries so hard to communication while respecting Petra's "avoid" list. Raf and JR aren't clicking until she orders whiskey and then they bond over whiskey. JR doesn't like Jane because of how much Jane tried. But then Jane mentions she wants it to work because JR means so much to Petra. She tells Petra the same. Jane and Petra say they love one another which is bigger than Raf and Jane's was. Raf teases Jane with amusement.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the recap. It sounds super dull (the episode, not the recap).
Old 04-07-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Fan

*I spent the week feeling awful. I'm better now. I hope you get better soon, LF* Yeah, a lot was happening in this episode. But I have to mention this first. Alba & Jorge are not the couple getting married. Alba told him, she made a mistake and her heart glowed. But Jorge told Alba he no longer feels the same way after she turned down his proposal twice. I believe that door is closed. How can he go from telling her that to deciding to marry her in the season finale? He's an old man not a teenager. Or he becomes a teenager and runs to tell her he made a big mistake and they get married? So that crosses them off the list unless that actually happens. Alba passed the test to become a USA citizen. The J/R stuff has been covered. Xo doesn't do much since she's recovering from her surgery. But her cancer does play a big role in the episode. There's a flashback about the roles each VW play. Jane is the researcher. Alba is the caretaker. Xo is the whoop a**. Rogelio uses Xo's cancer as the reason why cannot be Baby's danny anymore. Darci feels bad and understands but then she also lies about not knowing about his new show. They get into a fight like always but Esteban becomes the voice of reason. D/R admit deep, deep, deep, deep down they really do like each other. Ro gets into a bidding war with Mario Lopez over the famous Felicia who's in this scene. Ro wins by offering her a role on his new tv show. She's always wanted to be an actress. Xo doesn't go outside because she doesn't like people viewing her as a weak sick person. She gets fed up with Alba waiting on her hand and foot. Petra and JR bond over JR not liking Jane. JR calls other Jane "basic" and says other Jane's name should be JV. lol Petra & JR. decides to get serious with each other. JR meets the girls by accident but by the end of the episode the twins, Petra and JR eat dinner together. Magda is the "eyewitness" to Petra murdering Anezka. Magda tells the police, she seen Petra kills Anezka.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 04-07-2018 at 01:23 AM
Old 04-07-2018, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Hi everyone! I loved the Jane & Rafael parts. I like that they talk about Michael 'cause I guess that makes sense and it kind of reinforces that #JaFael is NOT second choice, but I'm like Rafael. I know it's petty and shouldn't be the case, but part of me will never get over the writers making Jane choose Michael over Raf. HAHA.

Anyhow, I'm excited for next week.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 04-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Relating to what? The Michael mention. What do want them to talk about?

I haven't watched the last episode and it seems this one slightly touched on it

One of my big issues with Jane Michael 2.0 was they didn't have enough honest conversations about the whole love triangle. She was so in love with Michael and then left him for Rafael, who she fell in love with. When they got back together Jane said it was a mistake and she wished she could change it. Later she said something like they were different back then and it is better now. I thought that wasn't enough because they were both afraid of having the ugly conversation where she fully acknowledged that her relationship with Michael did lack certain things which led her to Rafael, who wasn't a lapse of judgement, but a man who she couldn't help but love.

With Jane and Rafael 2.0 we are getting even less than what we got with Jane and Michael 2.0. So far the only good conversation we got was the one about Jane not wanting his darkness. I get that Rafael is a great man, and knows nothing about being petty and respects dead Michael. But at this point it is coming off as a little unrealistic and also boring to me. If I was Rafael I would have lots of insecurities. They were in love and she chose Michael over him. It would've been one thing if it had been an one-sided love where Jane was not aware of his love. No, she loved him and then after long pro and cons list she decided she wanted nothing to do with him and Michael was everything. How can he not feel like he is just the second choice? How can he not want to talk about it with her? Michael talked about it when he felt like second choice. Petra talked about it when she felt like second choice. I don't even need him to talk about it, I just need to feel like it bothers him just a little. We all thought Jane and Michael did a terrible job discussing what was wrong. On another show it would be fine, but not on a show like JTV where character have these great heart to heart talks. They had two sentences I think, we were different back then... From what I remember Jane and Rafael don't even have that yet. As an audience, I can see the difference between J/R 1.0 and J/R 2.0. I also know Rafael is not her second choice because this story was always about them. But the characters don't know this. So I need them to act like normal human beings and have real insecurities and fears.

Now I will watch the episode
Old 04-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I thought the well never know was good enough for me but I am not going to get into the Rafael/micheal/Jane discussion in this thread.

I did think this was a good episode, I did like the Villanueva family moments and Alba becoming a citizen and I like the Jane and petra aknowleding they love each other.

I did like Raf decorating the apartment and deciding to move in together. I am neutral towards them but those we're sweet moments although I think moving into that apartment is better than the two of them living at Albas lol
Old 04-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Okay. Watched the episode!

I am really starting to think it will be Alba/Jorge who will marry. Jorge is popping back in right when Alba is getting her citizenship. Alba is in love with him and I don’t see Alba taking so long to fall in love with a man after Mateo and being left with a broken heart. Jorge is hurt, and he has reasons to be. The last rejection by Alba felt like a joke, a slap on the face. But he will come around because they had something special.

I was fully prepared to dislike the Jetra scene but I liked it. It made sense. It’s about time they are open about loving each other. It’s weird that they have been family for so long and they can’t talk about it. Be the sister wives you were meant to be!

I LOVE Darci. I love her. I think her character is so strong, so badass but she also has so much heart. Justina is an amazing actress. She makes Darci so relatable.

Now on to Jane and Rafael. FINALLY they touched on the subject and Rafael doesn’t have to pretend to be a weird zen man I couldn’t recognize. They had a very important conversation that I felt like should’ve happened earlier.

Rafael: I guess I am still insecure about it. (Yes you should be! You loved her and she told you to your face it was only Michael. Actually she told you many times she still had feelings for him whenever you told her you loved her. I don't know how that won't bother him) I can’t help but wonder if I am a second choice, which is impossible to answer I know.
Jane: Yeah…it is. I don’t know if this helps or not but this is the first year I forgot about the anniversary of Michael’s death and that’s because of you.

The Jafael shipper in me would’ve loved for Jane to say he is not her second choice. And it feels horrible as a shipper that she can’t answer it. But I need to be realistic. It is their story, and they are only at the beginning stage of their relationship. I guess I will just have to take what I get, which is Rafael makes her forget about Michael. That's a big step.

The current Jafael is underwhelming for me. They lack the magic I expect from them. I do like their scenes but I want more emotions.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Addicted Fan

It is impossible to answer but both know he's not second choice. Michael is dead. I don't believe in that second choice stuff because a person doesn't have to be with anyone, he/she chooses to be with that person. Is Jane Rafael's second choice because Petra broke it off? No. Michael died before they had a chance to break up again down the line. Jennie could have kept him alive and J/M get a divorce. That's what Jennie would have done if he stayed around. I prefer death over divorce. Jafael 2.0 is more lighter the time around because in S1 they had so many issues because everything happened so fast, they really know each other and everyone was against them. Jane's parents, Michael, Petra, the universe. lol And this lightness is about to come to end too because of what's happening in the season finale. We maybe getting another break up until they come back together again in S5.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 04-07-2018 at 10:51 PM
Old 04-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Tftnt
Old 04-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 04-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the video. One of my favorites in recent times!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper