View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 07:20 AM
perfangel5655
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Relating to what? The Michael mention. What do want them to talk about?

I haven't watched the last episode and it seems this one slightly touched on it

One of my big issues with Jane Michael 2.0 was they didn't have enough honest conversations about the whole love triangle. She was so in love with Michael and then left him for Rafael, who she fell in love with. When they got back together Jane said it was a mistake and she wished she could change it. Later she said something like they were different back then and it is better now. I thought that wasn't enough because they were both afraid of having the ugly conversation where she fully acknowledged that her relationship with Michael did lack certain things which led her to Rafael, who wasn't a lapse of judgement, but a man who she couldn't help but love.

With Jane and Rafael 2.0 we are getting even less than what we got with Jane and Michael 2.0. So far the only good conversation we got was the one about Jane not wanting his darkness. I get that Rafael is a great man, and knows nothing about being petty and respects dead Michael. But at this point it is coming off as a little unrealistic and also boring to me. If I was Rafael I would have lots of insecurities. They were in love and she chose Michael over him. It would've been one thing if it had been an one-sided love where Jane was not aware of his love. No, she loved him and then after long pro and cons list she decided she wanted nothing to do with him and Michael was everything. How can he not feel like he is just the second choice? How can he not want to talk about it with her? Michael talked about it when he felt like second choice. Petra talked about it when she felt like second choice. I don't even need him to talk about it, I just need to feel like it bothers him just a little. We all thought Jane and Michael did a terrible job discussing what was wrong. On another show it would be fine, but not on a show like JTV where character have these great heart to heart talks. They had two sentences I think, we were different back then... From what I remember Jane and Rafael don't even have that yet. As an audience, I can see the difference between J/R 1.0 and J/R 2.0. I also know Rafael is not her second choice because this story was always about them. But the characters don't know this. So I need them to act like normal human beings and have real insecurities and fears.

Now I will watch the episode