Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The Jafael shipper in me would’ve loved for Jane to say he is not her second choice. And it feels horrible as a shipper that she can’t answer it. But I need to be realistic. It is their story, and they are only at the beginning stage of their relationship. I guess I will just have to take what I get, which is Rafael makes her forget about Michael. That's a big step.
A few episodes ago, Jane was worrying that being with Raf was undervaluing what she had with Michael---reducing him to just being a stepping stone. Raf soothed her by saying that life isn't like that. It's "yes...and." So I think she was worried about it too, in a different way. And life isn't like that. There was a time when missing Michael was a problem in her life. I don't think it's that way any longer. She's found new ways to feel complete.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 04-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:

What did you guys think about Jane/Raf's I love you?

Things I liked

- I loved how naturally Jane confessed. It just came out without think twice about it. It is so different than all the other times she confessed or almost confessed to love someone. With Michael, both times she was aware of her feelings and held them in until he said it. With Rafael, it was planned. He was hurting and she wanted him to know she loved him. With Adam, she couldn't bring herself to say it. It's usually fear that stops us from confessing. But with Rafael, it was just so easy! The words rolled off her tongue without warning. This is the third time this season she is telling him she loves him without fearing the consequences.

- I love how Rafael already loved her, he already knew but didn't say anything until she did. He is letting her decide how fast they should move. He is making her feel comfortable.

Things I was a little disappointed with

- It was anti-climactic indeed. I am used to getting magical moments from them. Their first I love you in season 1 brought tears to my eyes. I wanted similar magic.

- I wish they talked about it after their celebration sex. Falling in love again, and feeling like it is meant to be and it feels so right now when it didn't last time deserves a talk. I am starting to think all my Jane/Raf complaints are going to be about not having enough talks. I love their conversations and I can't get enough. I would honestly watch them talk about the weather and how it makes them feel and where they agree or disagree.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)

- I wish they talked about it after their celebration sex. Falling in love again, and feeling like it is meant to be and it feels so right now when it didn't last time deserves a talk. I am starting to think all my Jane/Raf complaints are going to be about not having enough talks. I love their conversations and I can't get enough. I would honestly watch them talk about the weather and how it makes them feel and where they agree or disagree.
I'm behind on JTV, but I agree about wanting more Jafael talks. I've always loved them, no matter how mundane they were. I would gladly swap out some of the other plots and characters for it. But the show doesn't have the time like it used to.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I'm behind on JTV, but I agree about wanting more Jafael talks. I've always loved them, no matter how mundane they were. I would gladly swap out some of the other plots and characters for it. But the show doesn't have the time like it used to.
Yup! Curly fries conversation is my favorite.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

oh i like the new episode stills

Spoiler:

I liked that it came naturally to Jane - and i think they made up for it later on both ends - with Jane suggesting they move in together.
I savour every talk they have!
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 04-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they have been friends for 5 years and have said I love you in a platonic way before so I didn't feel they needed this big talk about it. I think raf celebrating it later was enough especially since they had a big talk later
Old 04-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I loved it. She didn't hesitate or anything. She just said it. Same with Rafael. It was easy and unlike the first time in S1, nothing bad happened before it was said. It was a regular happy family day. The conflict? I'm lost because I have no idea what it could be if it's not related to anything we have already seen. They usually communicate so it's something he doesn't want her to know. I'm really starting to believe S5 will start with them being broken up, then they get back together before the season is over and get married. We know they're endgame and a wedding happens every season. S5 will be the final season.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:

It's weird that Jane is never directly involved in any Rose related things. She kidnapped her son, shot her husband.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

She rarely does..
The closest I've seen them interact was early season 1 when Jane came to take the tables order (Luisa, Rose, Emilio) and she ran off when it got awkward. That was before they revealed she was Sin Rostro.
Cath
Old 04-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
She rarely does..
The closest I've seen them interact was early season 1 when Jane came to take the tables order (Luisa, Rose, Emilio) and she ran off when it got awkward. That was before they revealed she was Sin Rostro.
There was also that flashback scene where Rose defends Jane from an irate customer. Rose sees a forlorn Michael gazing at Jane, and Jane explains why to Rose. It led to J/M figuring out Rose was in Switzerland. It's a forgettable scene. In S2, I think?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There was also that flashback scene where Rose defends Jane from an irate customer. Rose sees a forlorn Michael gazing at Jane, and Jane explains why to Rose. It led to J/M figuring out Rose was in Switzerland. It's a forgettable scene. In S2, I think?
i don't recall that at all! hmm...
Cath
Old 04-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I forgot to mention in my recap is that there was a flashback scene of Jane, Xio and Alba watching a telenovela and having it crap out on them just before it was going to be revealed that two lovers were brother and sister.

Make of that what you will.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
One thing I forgot to mention in my recap is that there was a flashback scene of Jane, Xio and Alba watching a telenovela and having it crap out on them just before it was going to be revealed that two lovers were brother and sister.

Make of that what you will.
didn't we talk about that possibility only recently?
They had to include that in some shape or form since JTV is a telenovela too. let's hope thats the extent of it!
Cath
Old 04-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was in 2.02. To be fair Jane did have some ptsd and nightmares after Mateo was kidnapped. However it seems weird we mostly see raf reaction in present
Closed Thread   Post New Thread