Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2023, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yes, I think their history of knowing together since the early days really shows on screen. Forwood is even built up in season 1. Caroline jumps to Tyler's defense when his dad is being an idiot yelling at him in the finale ep, and she's the one who notices in the car that he doesn't look well before they crash.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

We did get some little friendship nuggets in s1, I like their little exchange in the Halloween ep
Old 04-24-2023, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I thought there were some nice subtle touches particularly moments where they would stand together in the background witnessing tension between others in the bar.

I loved Caroline saying to Tyler "we've known each other FOREVER" in season 2 when he enquires why she suddenly cares about him when he first transforms. I like that it's about HER caring about him, and not Caroline just wanting to protect Matt's best friend. SHE wanted to.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-25-2023, 02:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
We did get some little friendship nuggets in s1, I like their little exchange in the Halloween ep
Love that scene too It showed their similarities back then already. They're both these passionate, outgoing party people. That's why I don't get those who said they have nothing in common when Tyler is the love interest she had the most in common with.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They did have a lot in common, it did seem inevitable that once they spent a lot of time together, they'd develop feelings for each other

https://thequeenofdrama.tumblr.com/p...ve-to-be-alone

Old 04-25-2023, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Beautiful art Tyler worked so hard to free her in that episode, he was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit- (View Post)
That's why I don't get those who said they have nothing in common when Tyler is the love interest she had the most in common with.
Only Klaroline fans would say something this ridiculous. And that's ironic because the only thing she had in common with Klaus was immortality.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-25-2023, 01:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

So beautiful They should have had a proposal/wedding with that foreshadowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Only Klaroline fans would say something this ridiculous. And that's ironic because the only thing she had in common with Klaus was immortality.
Spot on
Old 04-26-2023, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Klaus really disgusted me with how he tried to poison her mind with "you're meant for better than this boring domestic life". As if he knew ANYTHING about her.

He always talked big but rarely followed through. New Orleans was HIS life, not hers. But that's how his mind worked -- you win people by controlling their bodies and thoughts.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-26-2023, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

For Klaus, people were objects for his amusement - Caroline was no different for him.

Caroline may have had an immortal life, but Caroline only had one chance to graduate with her friends, & a limited amount of time where she could stay in town with her mother, and everyone else she grew up with, until it became obvious that she wasn't aging. Travelling and everything else could wait till after that, & I don't understand how anyone felt like Caroline was being held back by staying in Mystic Falls for a few years. & anyone who thinks that doesn't understand Caroline at all, she was always a very family & community orientated person. & Tyler was also an immortal being, he could do both with her. Small town life in Mystic Falls, something they could share with their friends & what was left of their families, and then travelling the world & doing everything else that they could imagine. He didn't hold her back at all, in fact, he was the only person who was really in the same place as her when it came to all those things.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
& Tyler was also an immortal being, he could do both with her. Small town life in Mystic Falls, something they could share with their friends & what was left of their families, and then travelling the world & doing everything else that they could imagine. He didn't hold her back at all, in fact, he was the only person who was really in the same place as her when it came to all those things.
EXACTLY! Tyler and Caroline were part of both worlds, and that made them so good together. Anyone who says different is a flat-out liar.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-27-2023, 02:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
For Klaus, people were objects for his amusement - Caroline was no different for him.

Caroline may have had an immortal life, but Caroline only had one chance to graduate with her friends, & a limited amount of time where she could stay in town with her mother, and everyone else she grew up with, until it became obvious that she wasn't aging. Travelling and everything else could wait till after that, & I don't understand how anyone felt like Caroline was being held back by staying in Mystic Falls for a few years. & anyone who thinks that doesn't understand Caroline at all, she was always a very family & community orientated person. & Tyler was also an immortal being, he could do both with her. Small town life in Mystic Falls, something they could share with their friends & what was left of their families, and then travelling the world & doing everything else that they could imagine. He didn't hold her back at all, in fact, he was the only person who was really in the same place as her when it came to all those things.
That's a very good point! Caroline didn't have to choose one life or the other, she could do both and she would definetely choose to stay close to those she loved that she had a limited time with. Klaus was just too egotistical to see this. I always hated how he talked like he knew anything about her, Tyler or their relationship. I hate to think about anything regarding the horrible mess that was Tyler's death, but if there is one thing I liked it's that Caroline shut down Klaus words when she said that Tyler was so much more than a small town boy and he lived so much more than a small town life.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit- (View Post)
I hate to think about anything regarding the horrible mess that was Tyler's death, but if there is one thing I liked it's that Caroline shut down Klaus words when she said that Tyler was so much more than a small town boy and he lived so much more than a small town life.
That's true but I hated how Caroline's speech was basically brushed aside quickly as if he meant nothing more to her than the others who were at the fairground that night.

That stupid "I loved him, we all did" uh no Caroline you were IN love with him. Big difference.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-28-2023, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Klaus really didn't know anything about Caroline, he didn't get her at all

I feel like adding the "we all did" was so that steroline fans wouldn't get upset or something
Old 04-28-2023, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I feel like adding the "we all did" was so that steroline fans wouldn't get upset or something
Probably and the Steroline focus ruined both Forwood and Bonenzo for me in S8 so I'm still bitter that they were granted the big fancy wedding, despite everything.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-28-2023, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was ridiculous