Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

^ Bless your post, Nikki All of Nathan's relationships are wonderful in it's own way because of how much of a caring and considerate person he is and people around him appreciate it. I just couldn't bring myself to not enjoy a single of his friendships, my favourite ones being Nathan/Lucas and Nathan/Clay (a pretty unpopular opinion to absolutely equally adore these two but hey, it's me, unpopular opinions define me so ). Also what's so remarkable about Nate's character is how his growth and progression was natural and convincing because we got to see every stage of it and because even during his "jerky" phase Nathan still had a moral compass and was a grat guy at heart.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Darren Criss/Lea Michele

Two beautiful people, two beautiful voices, the only two reasons I still watch Glee. And I adore their friendship.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond gothic (View Post)
^ love you NH icon! Nathan is amazing. For me Haley was why I watched, but there's no way I could I have ever shipped NH the way I do, if I didn't love both characters individually as well and saw how much they loved each other. They both made mistakes, but the best thing was, they grew together and learnt from it and by the end they were solid and unstoppable. Literally nothing, could tear them apart. And even with James full time in S9, we could still see how deep their love is and how they would do anything for each other/their children and the life they built.
Thankyou.. I just finished a re-watch of season 9 and I needed an NH icon

That is all very true... I adored Haley (Joy is a huge part of that because she is just phenomenal) but I have always liked Haley's character. I don't doubt for a second that both Haley and Nathan were better for having each other in their lives Their love is THE lovestory of OTH

Mary... I LOVED Clay and Nathan's friendship.. they were so brotherly and awesome together... Rob and James chemistry was some of the best on this show I almost love Clay and Nathan more then Lucas and Nathan, but Lucas and Nathan will always hold a special place in my heart... I mean the show started out with them and their stories I completely agree about Nathan's character.. gah.. I just love and admire and adore him so much... I remember watching the pilot and while all my friends were rooting for Lucas.. I was the lone Nathan defender.. he was my fave character even when he was being douchey Nathan is and always will be one of my all time fave characters and James is just a sweetheart and so, so sexy
Old 09-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan's Sweetheart♥ (View Post)
Thankyou.. I just finished a re-watch of season 9 and I needed an NH icon

That is all very true... I adored Haley (Joy is a huge part of that because she is just phenomenal) but I have always liked Haley's character. I don't doubt for a second that both Haley and Nathan were better for having each other in their lives Their love is THE lovestory of OTH

Mary... I LOVED Clay and Nathan's friendship.. they were so brotherly and awesome together... Rob and James chemistry was some of the best on this show I almost love Clay and Nathan more then Lucas and Nathan, but Lucas and Nathan will always hold a special place in my heart... I mean the show started out with them and their stories I completely agree about Nathan's character.. gah.. I just love and admire and adore him so much... I remember watching the pilot and while all my friends were rooting for Lucas.. I was the lone Nathan defender.. he was my fave character even when he was being douchey Nathan is and always will be one of my all time fave characters and James is just a sweetheart and so, so sexy
I just love how we understand each other so well, Nikki You are literally the first person who appreciates all of Nathan's relationships and loves both Nathan/Clay and Nathan/Luke and has the same feelings regarding them. While I love them equally, I cannot even bring myself to choose which one was the most important for Nathan's character and personality development, because it really doesn't work like that, since it is impossible to measure friendly love when it comes to friends who influented your life in such a profound way as both Luke and Clay did in relation to Nathan and vice versa. I love how they both appeared in Nathan's life exactly when he needed them and they both largely contributed to him becoming a better man, a selfless and caring man that he ended up being by the end of the show. And while I love Lucas, I will always be Nate's girl as well

NH were definitely the love story of the show. They were everything you can dream of in a love story and they were also so exceptionally well written that I think it is fair to say that they are one of the greatest fictional couples ever created. For them and their happy ending I can forgive Mark every single mistake because Naley ended up being a great addition to my surprizingly pleasent experience with OTH in general.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that your icon is perfection

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Rich/Grace
Old 09-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Love all the Nathan/Haley love in here

Spencer/Toby

Stiles/Lydia

Teen Wolf/existence

PLL/existence
Old 09-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan/Blair
Rob/Kristen

Still mourning TBH, but I'll probably love them forever no matter what happens after this. ~dramaqueen.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Charlotte/Cooper

Old 09-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Michael/Sara

"It was real, Sara. You and me, its real." -Michael Scofield

SARA: I'm not leaving unless you're coming with me
MICHAEL: But I am coming with you.

"The first thing they tell you when you take the job is um.....never to fall in love with an inmate. "-Sara Tancredi

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emily and Jake
My LJ
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

ASOIAF/Game of Thrones/existence

Arya Stark/life
Old 09-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Loyal Fan

George/Annie/Mitchell
Annie/life
Mitchell/life

George/life
George/Mitchell
Annie/Mitchell
George/Annie
George/Nina

I'm bawling after the season 3 finale. I felt this sense of impending doom throughout all the final episodes, and part of me knew it would end that way (damn Brit shows, they always break my heart into tiny pieces. ) but how heartwrenching the whole thing was. And still, after the tunnel incident, I feel the ending was inevitable. As much as I regret its ending, Mitchell's journey was believable and truly well executed. I found this review on Tumblr and I think it's really spot-on

Quote:
Mitchell is a WWI boy. He’s the Lost Generation in fingerless gloves. And I feel like he really embodies feelings people in the UK have about that war because of the way it’s memorialized and taught in school. First off, unlike in the US, it’s remembered. Remembered as the horrible rupture in civilization that it was. Remembered for all those dead young men, utterly wasted. And I feel that, in choosing to make WWI Mitchell’s war, the original story draws a lot of strength from that collective memory. Mitchell represents all the dead young men. Butchered and damned. His youth was stolen during WWI. First by human leaders, and then by a vampire leader. He never really got to live. Only instead of being in a grave somewhere, he’s trapped in his young body. Frozen in time. Undead memorial.
WWI makes him something of a victim. Or, at least, it positions his death and his existence as a vampire in terms of exploitation. He’s “recruited” by Herrick and it’s meant to mirror his recruitment into WWI. Both recruitments made a young man into a killer. On a long job of killing. [...] Mitchell is a walking, talking war poem.
(Being Human, UK vs US Flavors: or, A Tale of Two Angsty Hot Vampires)

And Annie and George. I love how George - sweet, awkward, emotional George - is the heart of the show, and the element that truly keeps everyone together. And I adore Annie's growing power and sense of justice. I love how in spite of her love for Mitchell she didn't compromise or betray her values. She slowly became my favourite character.

“I think about what and who I love and I think about them in danger and I could tear this bloody house down with my teeth. You have no idea how strong I am.”

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spencer&Toby

Zoe/Wade

Other couples;
Max/Naomi
Alice/Hatter
Dan/Blair
Charlie/Claire
Tony/Ziva
McGee/Abby
Charming/Snow (David/Mary Margaret)
Caleb/Hanna
Aria/Jason
Ella/Zack
Michael/Maria
Bay/Emmett
Emma/Thayer
Seth/Summer
Ryan/Taylor

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 09-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plucky Sidekick (View Post)
George/Annie/Mitchell
Annie/life
Mitchell/life

George/life
George/Mitchell
Annie/Mitchell
George/Annie
George/Nina

I'm bawling after the season 3 finale. I felt this sense of impending doom throughout all the final episodes, and part of me knew it would end that way (damn Brit shows, they always break my heart into tiny pieces. ) but how heartwrenching the whole thing was. And still, after the tunnel incident, I feel the ending was inevitable. As much as I regret its ending, Mitchell's journey was believable and truly well executed. I found this review on Tumblr and I think it's really spot-on

(Being Human, UK vs US Flavors: or, A Tale of Two Angsty Hot Vampires)

And Annie and George. I love how George - sweet, awkward, emotional George - is the heart of the show, and the element that truly keeps everyone together. And I adore Annie's growing power and sense of justice. I love how in spite of her love for Mitchell she didn't compromise or betray her values. She slowly became my favourite character.

I was wondering when you would be watching the finale. That was why I hoped you wouldn't be spoiled for it. Mitchell's death was mainly because Aidan wanted to leave the show to pursue other things but it hurt all the same. The Box Tunnel murders altered him forever, as it should. I felt he did somehow redeem himself towards the end, he knew what he did was wrong and that nothing he ever did could make up for that and that was the only way - the best way. That last scene with all three of them (and Nina) was heartbreaking. Will you be watching Season 4 next BTW?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 09-16-2012 at 09:48 AM
Old 09-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
I was wondering when you would be watching the finale. That was why I hoped you wouldn't be spoiled for it. Mitchell's death was mainly because Aidan wanted to leave the show to pursue other things but it hurt all the same. The Box Tunnel murders altered him forever, as it should. I felt he did somehow redeem himself towards the end, he knew what he did was wrong and that nothing he ever did could make up for that and that was the only way - the best way. That last scene with all three of them (and Nina) was heartbreaking. Will you be watching Season 4 next BTW?
Yeah, while Mitchell's death was heartbreaking, I appreciated the fact that the writers had the guts to deal with the consequences of his actions - to show that the murders had altered him. Too often shows resort to shocking twists for the sake of plot advancement, without integrating them in the character arcs. What I'm loving the most about Being Human, instead, is that it really is all about the characters.
I do believe Mitchell redeemed himself in the end. He chose the freedom from his demons over his own survival. The show's mythology so far hasn't addressed what happens to the soul of vampires that get killed, but I hope he was able to find some peace after that.

Yeah, I do plan on watching season 4... in a week or so. I kinda need to let Mitchell's death sink in before, if you know what I mean. But I'm really curious to know what's in store for the others now. The ancient vampires seem truly scary and the aftermath of Mitchell's death won't be easy in itself, I imagine.

Tumblr

Icon: Saejima
Closed Thread   Post New Thread