Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Passionate Fan

@Mix: Instead of re-posting the same three pics again on this page because it is too repetitive since I posted a couple of those already on the first thread too....I will just say that I place my vote on the three edits I posted on the first page after your OP post, ( or I should say page 3 according to FF, of THIS second thread. )

There is the Go Creddie pic with the dark coloring with Carly and Freddie looking all edgy & sexy. There is the other edit with the hearts trail with Carly and Freddie looking cute with the tag line you were meant for me. Then there is the great picture with Carly in the blue dress with Freddie standing next to her, with the tag line when you are in love, nothing else matters. I vote for one of those three to be picked for the OP. If my descriptions were not good enough, then I can re-post it again on this page.

Seddie is unequivocally the online majority for iCarly. I brought this up in the first thread too, if you want to read a long essay analyzing it, I could re-post it. I think Creddie shippers were the offline majority for the first three seasons. I also think most general viewers/objective shippers preferred Creddie slightly over Seddie because the the Creddie dynamic was more of the status quo while Seddie upset the balance of the trio & warped the show. Alot of casual viewers and general shippers quit after the Seddie arc too and never returned. Even some Seddie shippers quit shipping canon Seddie after the Seddie arc. However, the problem was that militant Seddie shippers swallowed up the online fandom by cyber-bullying Creddie shippers off of most iCarly-related sites because they refused to stick in their threads and they have taken over our tumblr tag too. Anyway, this is the summary of that essay.

Dan was probably under the false impression before the Seddie arc, that the majority of iCarly fans loved Seddie and hated Creddie due to online analysis of sites. On sites, they have always outnumbered us and are very vocal.
I mean, he even bragged that the Seddie arc episodes would beat iSYL but none of them did but it showed a dramatic downward spiral in ratings.

I agree, Seddie lacked any proper buildup and violated continuity. Freddie's attraction to Sam came out of nowhere. It was not believable he would just jump into a relationship with her. Dan randomly dropped Freddie's crush on Carly and even had him editing her out of a skit which was OOC. They did not address the aftermath of iSYL and treated it like it never happened until the April Fools Episode. Then before the April Fools episode, they had Carly dating other guys with Freddie not being jealous. Also, some Seddie shippers might construe Sam's behavior as crushing on Freddie but the antagonism was too extreme in past episodes. They had to use a random illogical plot device that showed Sam's mood as falling in love to jumpstart the Seddie arc. They used an off-screen example of Sam thinking Freddie was cute after a bike accident. There was no flirtation or buildup after the so-called major Seddie moments like when they first kissed. Even in ithinktheykissed, Sam didn't seem to have a romantic interest in Freddie and it was blown off as them just getting their first kiss out of the way while Carly seemed jealous/upset as hell.

@Subject87: Thank you for sending me your chapter. I will post a review later, soon.

Credit:Sampuckett

Last edited by Venetia; 05-28-2012 at 08:29 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 PM
New Fan

My theory on how the series will end is that it will be pretty much ship-neutral and the iCarly final will be a quasi-pilot for several other Nickelodeon series.
Carly will go off to college (Miranda plans to attend USC).
Sam will go off on her own (since Jennette and Dan are creating a new series, the iCarly final can be a quasi-pilot for her.)
Freddie may go off to college (Nathan has said he may go to college or military, but he has not said anything recently). If Freddie goes to college with Carly, Creddie may be implied, but that will be it.
Spencer is going to find out he has a kid to take care of (in his next series, he is “a goofball uncle who becomes the guardian to his conservative 12-year-old genius nephew.”)
Gibby will go off on his own (Noah has his on pilot in the works.)

@Venetia For my fanfiction “iServe”, I don’t plan to do anything more dramatic than I did in chapter 1 (descripting Carly’s nervous breakdown after Freddie left for his deployment), or any more sexy than just talking like in chapter 7 (Carly telling Freddie about her girls night out), or military realisms than in Freddie’s letter in chapter 8. I’ll decide after the July chapter. I have a new idea for that one. As for another fanfiction series, this will be it for me unless I do a one-shot about Freddie getting revenge on his so-called friends. He has been a much better friend to them than they have been to him.

@MixSaysRawr Sorry to see that you don’t read M rated. The first five books of my series are an alternative lifestyle creddie, but I tried to keep the sex pretty tame. Read the above paragraph about “iServe”.

Honestly, I want Freddie to man-up and call out his friends on how they have treated him over the years, but we know Dan isn’t going to do that. Remember, Freddie is the butt of all the jokes. If Carly character keeps maturing in a positive way like she seems to have been over the last few episodes (looks like she is over her bad-boy fetish), I will be happy if Freddie finds happiness with Carly. Seddie is a primetime example of teen abuse, but Jennette is Dan’s favorite actress so she will look good at the end of this show. When was the last time something funny happened to Sam that made her character look bad?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

@Venetia Thanks for reading and reviewing, your reviews are much appreciated.

Like I said, new with using OC's in my stories, at least this much, so as many reviews as I can get will be more than welcome.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Passionate Fan

@SirRay: Since there are so many chapters and a lot of content to provide feedback to, for iServe: Post the links to all of the chapters on this thread. Mix can even add it to our OP or at least list iServe. More people on this thread will read it properly. It is complicated to go back and forth between other sites and then try to post a coherent review. Post the links here, I can read it again more thoroughly, and then I can submit a general review & suggestions here.

Yeah, it is annoying how Dan favors Jennette now because he really let the online fandom poison his mind. Sam just tends to get a free pass on everything. I mean, most Seddie shippers were blaming Freddie for it not working out and acting like he had no right to be angry with her.

Hmm....if iCarly sticks to this schedule to end iCarly at the end of this season instead of giving us a season 7. There has been production trouble and alot of issues with them trying to wrap it up like this as well as petitions for a season 7....which is why I am implying that it may be possibly extended...but the chances are very remote since Miri seems fairly determined to be a USC student. She can defer her acceptance to one more year but Jennette wants to get started on her new pilot. I think Nathan was waiting for iCarly to be over to make official decisions about college or exploring more tv roles.

I agree with your theory/prediction somewhat. I completely thought it would end ship neutral until iOpen a R which Freddie's crush being revisited. I mean, we have been getting a very minor Creddie slant with the past few episodes but he always has been teasing Seddie shippers on twitter. I am not sure. We have to wait and see what unfolds quickly in the next few episodes. If there is any Creddie overtones, it will be very weakly slapped together and rushed. Most likely, IF we do get Creddie this way on this schedule, we will probably get implied Creddie with them going off to college together. Or perhaps some sort of revelation or kiss in the finale. There won't be any development, just miniscule hints here & there like we got in iOpen a R which is why I am not happy about it. I posted the twititions on the previous page. Oh and vote for Miranda for the TCA's!

Credit:Creddieamor

Last edited by Venetia; 05-28-2012 at 07:31 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

I'm hoping that enough fans will rally behind it and give us a 7th season

At the same time I DON'T want a seventh season for fear it'll sink Creddie or something.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

I was just thinking about iKiss and how you can't even count that as Seddie build up because Dan did iThinkYouKissed and it was like he was putting any possibility of Seddie to bed. He brought the issue back up and it's like you said there was zero indication that it meant anything or that it brought up any feelings between Seddie. I mean he essentially negated iKiss with iTYK. It felt like he was saying we dealt with it, it meant nothing, now we're moving on. Or it did for me anyway and then later he tries to throw Seddie at us and I was just so entirely confused. Especially after iSYL. Don't even get me started on that one. How he so baited us with that and then just dropped it. I mean we had entire episode focused on Seddie's meaningless kiss, but couldn't even get a mention of the events of iSYL until the one sentence in iApril fools. Ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Passionate Fan

@Subject87: Yeah, it is kind of a risk either way. Though I would still prefer a season 7 because it would give us more development, not just to ships but to the characters & series we became invested in. I don't like how everything is being crammed in and it just feels wrong to end the series on this note especially from the episode synopsis I have been reading for the next few episodes. You will get reviews in the near future, there might be a little bit of constructive criticism with this one. I hope that is okay, overall you are doing a bang-up awesome job with this series.

@IBelieveinMiracles: Yes, I agree with you. There was no indication of Seddie having feelings for each other after iKiss and he did negate the whole thing in ithinktheykissed. Carly was upset. Sam seemed furious and embarrassed as hell that Freddie exposed this by even threatening to beat him up again. The kiss was treated as nothing, just to get their first experience out of the way. If they wanted to build up Seddie properly ( I still would prefer Creddie but hypothetically if they did this to build Seddie up logically), they would have had more subtext with Sam & Freddie. Abuse and insults don't equal subtext if there is no sexual tension present. I mean, the Seddie shippers got far more pandering. Every Seddie moment, the kiss had two callbacks where it was referenced. We had iTwins. In iSpeeddate, we got that ambiguous reaction from Sam. We even got a callback to them dating in the Seddie arc in iPearstore.

Yet, with the Seddie arc happened....it still felt very forced with them being very OOC. They had to use that mood apparatus by jumping the shark and use that bike accident which was sheer stupidity. The problem is that Sam and Freddie do not have romantic chemistry despite their banter, their antagonism became worse as they became older, and there was no subtext or development of their feelings. We got iSYL, it got dropped, and it was not addressed at all until April Fools. Dan just retconned everything until iOpen a R. The show starting feeling normal again with Freddie crushing on Carly.

Credit:quandoeufembora

Last edited by Venetia; 05-28-2012 at 08:00 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

@Venetia I expected constructive criticism with this one to be honest, It's easier to write characters that are already made, rather than making my own and giving them their own personality while making sure it makes sense.

All advice is more than welcome.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

I totally agree with you, Venetia. Your words are pretty much my exact thoughts on Seddie. I have to say for iSpeed Date, everyone made such a big deal about Sam's look, but I was just like what? I mean granted I'm not a Seddie fan who was grasping at Seddie strings, but it didn't even occur to me for a seond that look was supposed to be conveying jealousy. Because what in the history of the show would lead anyone to believe that Sam would ever be jealous of Carly dancing with/being with Freddie? Nothing, that's what. Like we've already established with our discussion of Seddie, there was zero reason to believe she was feeling that. I don't know what Dan intended it to mean., but honestly, I was just thinking she was sad she ended up alone on dance night or something like that. Jealousy, no. You made a good poitn with mentioning the no subtext thing. Bickering friends become couples, it happens, but when you're potraying it on tv there has to be subtext or it doesn't work. Also their relationship can't be based on actual, genuine animosity and antagonism. There were no hidden feelings under Seddie's fighting since the beginning no matter how hard Dan tried to pretend there were later on. Seddie was just a mess. No way did I believe that Sam suddenly had feelings for Sam and I believed even less that Freddie reciprocated. Neither one of those things was believable at all. Even if there was no Creddie, I still wouldn't have believed that. Seddie has to be the moist unbelievable, contrived relationships I've seen on a tv show ever. And you don't even have to do all that much on show geared towards a younger age group like this, you don't have to deal with sex or anything, but Dan did nothing, absolutely nothing to build them up. And it wasn't just an insult to Creddie fans, but to fans of the show in general.

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 05-28-2012 at 08:49 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

@Subject87 ( Reply back to As Promised): I loved the opening paragraph and it was very heartfelt. I like how Carly and Freddie shared a look and we got context with unfinished business and a broken friendship with Sam. I love how you introduced Kurt, Gibby's son. I really liked the dialogue between Freddie and Kurt. I am already digging this bromance. Their banter and conversations are just realistic for 13 yr old best friends. It was awesome how you incorporated so many callbacks to the characterizations of their parents. It was interesting how you referenced Spencer as being funny as well as Gibby.

The touch about Spencer's ability to set things on fire was cute. I greatly appreciated that you made Kurt had a crush on Melissa, Freddie's cousin. It is too adorable that Gibby's son has a crush on Spencer's daughter. That was brilliant. I was afraid that you were going to make another triangle, so I am relieved about that. I also think it is cool that you made Carly a news anchor. I was very moved and liked the twist of Sam being her new co-anchor. That was very smart considering they co-hosted iCarly together. I love the nostalgia and creative touches. I greatly enjoyed this story.

For some reason, it just warmed my heart and made me so happy that you referenced Galaxy wars and them eating spaghetti tacos. The dialogue was wonderful, especially btw Freddie & Kurt about Melissa.

As for the constructive criticism, some key plot points felt a little rushed.
I think you need to stretch out the backstory of Freddie Jr's life with Carly and Freddie & his friendship with Kurt before moving on to the next major plot point
of him meeting Sam. There were too many things happening in the chapter and it needed some more buildup. Him meeting Sam so soon in this chapter felt it a little anti-climatic and we need more compelling dialogue there. We need some more plot buildup before Sam comes to Carly's house and meets Freddie Jr. I was hoping the dialogue between Freddie and Carly ( Sam's daughter) would be more entertaining and filled with more subtext. I don't know, it reminded me too much of Seddie banter.

Also, maybe the names could be changed. What is Kurt a reference to? It would be clever if his son's name was a reference to something in the iCarly universe. Also, Melissa was Freddie's moms name. Why would Spencer name his daughter Melissa, maybe you could pick a name that had more of a connection to Spencer or Carly?

Overall, I loved this story and I like how it is progressing. You are a very talented writer.

@IBelieveinMiracles: I agree with your post. I can see why the ending of iSD could be construed that way by Seddie shippers and Dan clearly intended it to be that way. However, it was not just believable. Why would Sam suddenly be feeling jealous? It would make more sense to presume that she was upset about her friends dating because she felt left out and naturally losing Carly to Freddie in a relationship would upset her. Also, she seemed to spite Freddie so much and you would be upset if your frenemie/rival for your best friend ended up dating.

Tell me about it. I agree, the bickering couple dynamic only works if we get subtext, development of repressed feelings, and actual romantic chemistry. Seddie had none of that. I understand why Seddie shippers interpreted it that way but the problem was that it had no depth or substance to it. Nathan and Jennette don't have that kind of chemistry. Freddie showed zero signs of being attracted to her. All of their bickering had very little to zero flirting between them. All of Freddie/Nathan's smitten looks and flirtation was directed at Carly. Freddie and Carly had that subtext where I can buy her being attracted to Freddie but not wanting to cross that line yet. Sam was way too abusive to Freddie and it gradually became more severe. I agree, Seddie still felt contrived despite the previous so-called major Seddie episodes. It was an insult to my intelligence!

Credit:Fayemccurdy

Last edited by Venetia; 05-28-2012 at 08:32 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Thank you for your criticisim! Okay here we go.

I picked Kurt because I was listening to Nirvana at the time (Kurt Cobain ).

I honestly did not know Freddie's mom's name was Melisa.. I will change that because I agree it makes no sense.

I think you're right, I need to rewrite that part and let it focus more on Sam and Carly, I rushed to much to get Carly and Freddie to meet.

I wrote it that way because she is Sam's daughter and so I thought she'd be at least partly like Sam, that's why she spoke this way,. but I had planned it to turn to more friendly banter that turns into respect because Freddie stands up to her (kinda like the Carly/sam friendship) and she develops a crush on him.

For Spencer's daughter.. I have no idea.

Edit: I looked it up and it says Freddie's mom's name is Marissa, but I might change the name anyway if you have a better suggestion. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Subject87; 05-28-2012 at 08:38 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Credit:ChiziCarlyfanassy

Ohhhh...I get it now. That was a cool idea, to name Gibby's son after Kurt Cobain. I can't believe I missed that obvious point! Clever. Overall, I did enjoy this well-written chapter very much but some of it needed to have a bit more groundwork and maybe stretch it into the next chapter with more backstory. I love how you already brought life to Freddie Jr and Kurt personalities. Their dialogue was my favorite part of the story. I can picture them in my mind, they are so cute.

I get that Sam's daughter would share similar traits but we don't want their dynamic to resemble Seddie too much. I do like the idea of them bantering back and forth though but maybe with some more subtext where we get that one of them has a crush on each other. For Spencer, I guess we have to brainstorm some ideas for his daughter's name. Oh yeah, it is Marissa...oops. Melissa and Marissa sound so similar. Maybe Spencer could name is daughter Miranda ( wink wink) or Danielle ( like Dan) or Socka or Jerrianna or after an artist or after his dad ( Stephanie instead of Steven) or Seattle or Yakima.

Last edited by Venetia; 05-28-2012 at 09:14 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Yeah, it's why I kept their dialogue to a minimum in this chapter.

I like Miranda actually! xD As for their relationship I didn't want to make it flirty to soon, but they'll get to know each other (Especially in the next chapter) which is when I would imagine their bickering starts to gain some subtext.

This story isn't really planned, I just go with the flow, if I tried to plan it out It'd become to much work and I'd get bored.

Edit: Okay so site works now, wouldn't let me on.

Last edited by Subject87; 05-28-2012 at 10:22 PM
Old 05-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Credit:Creddiefredly

@Subject87: Thanks for posting the link.

Ugh, FF was being so difficult today. I am relieved that the site got restored.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

That GIF looks.. Dirty

Yes My mind is in the gutter

and you're quite welcome.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread