Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

HERE!

Made it over to the new thread!

Welcome TexasSweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
First thank you all for the wonderful Birthday wishes they mean the world to me.

Lemon I am totally able to take an hour lunch since I'm working so long what time works best for you? I'm good anytime from 12:00 on...

Irish I hope your Mini-you is feeling better.

BTW Lemon I am totally watching Person Of Interest on Netflix again
Happy birthday Ladyhawke. I actually meant to gift the new story I just posted (You'll hear me howling) to you but I wanted to double confirm you A03 identity first - Sparrowhawke, right? You were one of the very first people to ever comment on my fics and I hope you know just how much it was appreciated - specially since I was writing in a new fandom
jaqofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I'm finally checking into group...been staring at the screen off in la-la land for a bit. My mind's a bit muddled tonight.

Congrats on the job Randi!

Hope your niece is all right Irish!

Jaq, so excited to read this new Charloe fic of yours! Would this be the one you mentioned last week?

Here are both lists...

Here's the Charloe stories we're missing. If you could check your downloaded Revolution stories that would be great and if you have any of these please let us know! If any lurkers have them, let us know...you'd be heroes.

Revolution's Missing Stories:
AvaRosier - Basically Everything (I have a few)
BeaRyan's 'This is a Terrible Idea. Let's Do It'.
Chelley's Original 'Busted' (I have the first chapter), Second version of 'Strange Bedfellows' (I have the first), and 'Timing and Location Can Make All the Difference'
AlexShea Various Stories (We have 'Love & Hate')

Here's the list of Incomplete fics I keep dragging with me everywhere, that I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing, lol. I keep bringing it along on the off chance a lurking writer might see it...I can't resist!

One of these days I might have to add myself to this list...and update the entire thing again -- ETA: yes, this definitely needs an update!

Charloe Fics We Would Love to See Updated:
In Name Only - Corycides
A New Big Bad Always Follows the Last - whynotitsfun
You Won't See Me Fall Apart - Quentanilien
Variables - SciFiDVM
It's Like a Story of Love - missdee1986
White Rabbit - immortalpen
The Devil Inside - Elka Lynne
Pilots of the Storm - JaqofSpades
Why She Followed - Forever Amberlie
Season 3 - gwrageddnc
Hiatus - dvpdvpdvp
Finding Each Other in New Vegas - LemonsAreSweet
A Fine Line Between Love and Hate - LemonsAreSweet
Love Games - DevynQ
Keep Your Enemies Closer - Gizzi1213
REVOLUTION: Three - Ameliaflux
Lucky Ones - Ameliaflux
The Chase - Camayane
Unmasking - Nyxie (Tumblr)
It's All a Blur Last Night - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Things Worth Dying For - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Girl Versus World - Nyxie (Tumblr)
The Seven Descents of Charlie Matheson - AvaRosier (Removed from AO3)
The Rescuers - Delylah
Crazy Train - Delylah
If Ever Your World Comes Crashing Down - Delylah
Matheson Republic - RedHummingbird
Savin' Me - Nativemoon95
Betrayal - PleasantlyInsanePerson
Reunions and Revelations - LizAna
Proof of Worth - LizAna
The Growth of Hope - newbie92
The Gift of Time - asweetdeception
She Belongs to Fairy Tales - Vampgirl620
What's Happening? - ShyRomantic
Brilliance - LaLaGirl33
Insanity - headoverhook
Second Chances - Crystal Jean
Dead Men Are Heavier Than Broken Hearts - Tengwar
Just Mine, Charlotte - ambrown1022
Project Black Momba - kkurtenbach5
Coming to Terms - kkurtenbach5
Walls Tumbling Down - kkurtenbach5
The Reluctant Savior - LLCoyote
Not So Damaged - Dark-Dragon-Fallen-Angel
Seeing Past the Past - savethesharks1
Escaping with Him - Chipyluna
Hey there, Thessie! La la land is a happenin' place, but glad you made it back to us
RevoInfinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRevoFan (View Post)
Tex or Texas works for me! Whatever y'all think
I like Tex. Nice one Lemon
RevoInfinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqofspades (View Post)
HERE!

Welcome TexasSweet

Happy birthday Ladyhawke. I actually meant to gift the new story I just posted (You'll hear me howling) to you but I wanted to double confirm you A03 identity first - Sparrowhawke, right? You were one of the very first people to ever comment on my fics and I hope you know just how much it was appreciated - specially since I was writing in a new fandom
That is me, and that is very sweet of you. I love being part of this group. You have all welcomed me in even though I am not a writer myself.

I think Tex is a good one.
mlreeve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoInfinite (View Post)
I like Tex. Nice one Lemon
Hi Tex! Welcome to BC. Romeo and Luv, glad you both made it.

Tex, are you going by this handle now everywhere or are you still known as Lemonsaresweet on FF or AO3?

Lady, we might be writers but it doesn't work without people like you constantly giving us writers feedback. I always think of you as our Team Mascot because you're always cheering everyone on. Your part in this group is just as important. Never doubt that. Besides, if you ever wanted to give writing a try I believe you could and you have a whole host of people, of which I am one, who would probably gladly assist you in anyway simply as a thank you for all your support.
wildirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
So again, welcome, we're just waiting on a few of the others to arrive here, TexasRevoFan (we all have nicknames on here. May we call you Tex or Texas?) The forum only wants us posting 300 posts on each thread, so sometimes we have to do this and link up to a new thread. We try to make it as easy as possible, but it can get confusing.

For club, we post in a line-up that I just randomly set up from week to week. It's usually different as people have to sometimes be placed earlier or later in the line-up, so it varies all the time. We found this round robin way of doing it easier than when we first started club and it was a free-for-all as far as posting. This way, everyone can read your posts and you can read theirs instead of everyone posting over each other.

We can insert you right after me, so you can post right after I go. I don't think LadyH will mind and she can just jump right back in after you. Give me a few moments to make sure everyone is here, and I will prompt you to go at the end of my post.

Again, welcome. It's always nice to have new Charloe fans here at club.
New thread is now posted on the GSC Bookclub page. FYI.
LemonSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hey there, Thessie! La la land is a happenin' place, but glad you made it back to us
OK, think we're all here, except maybe Irish, and we will track her down at some point. And Irish, I am SOOOO sorry I put you at the beginning of the line-up. I didn't see your post until it was too late. I apologize, my friend.

Alright, LadyH, we're going to let Tex (have we settled on that one?) go right after I post, so you can just hop back into the line-up after she goes, OK?

Alright, thoughts for this week:

Mistletoe - It was nice to get to read this, considering we'd just read Red Camaro last week. So now we get to find out how the little kiss went down back at Christmas time and what exactly led to Bass and Charlie hooking up later on.

This was really cute and a nice glimpse into the first moment where Bass began to feel differently for Charlie. I love the moment where Bass reaches up and touches his face right where she kissed him. It shows he was not unaffected by her and maybe set the wheels in motion for all the further Charloe goodness in the Camaro series.

And the part at the end where he can't decide whether he should send an email or a text or just do nothing was adorable.

Mistletoe Part 2 - Another cute story with the added bonus of Charloe already being a couple. I love the corollation Randi makes between Charlie and Bass and the book, Emma. There are numerous examples in literature of the older man with the younger woman, and I suspect it was quite normal back in Jane Austen's day.

Also such a different Rachel from the one we saw on the show.

And then there's the marriage proposal *huge sigh* I love that he says he was never going to ask anyone to marry him, but he never thought he'd fall in love with Charlie. I also love that he asked Miles for his blessing. It's sweet how Charlie sees him as her father figure and it's also sweet that Bass wanted to honor that. I love this little Christmas story.

O Hush the noise, ye men of strife, and hear the angels sing - This is such a short little story, but it's a beautiful glimpse into a future life with Charloe. Even though there is no prior set-up, hayj does such a good job of setting the scene so I can tell Charlie and Bass are together. I love when she tells him he's the only one who can truly understand because I believe Charlie and Bass do have a lot in common. Love how they share stories of their siblings and the past. This is just a sweet Charloe Christmas story.

Reindeer and a Bonfire - I love the bantering going on at the beginning of this story between Bass and Aaron. I suspect with more time (and if the show was still on the air) Bass and Aaron might have become friends; although it may have constantly translated as them picking on each other like kids.

I like the idea of the bonfire for a Christmas in post-Blackout Texas. It seems fitting somehow. I love how they are sitting around telling stories of past Christmases, even if it is embarrassing Charlie. But I especially like that it was Miles and BASS who took Charlie to see reindeer when she was a kid.

I love this line here: 'I was hoping, now the war is over, that we still could be on that same side.' Her voice was soft, and her eyes were serious. Charlie and Bass still on the same side. Yay! And the deep conversation that happens between them (I always love those ) really starts to open up their relationship some more. Then there's a little kiss...and the bonding has begun.

I love in the second chapter how we get into Bass's thoughts a bit more. I always enjoy what's going on in his mind, and I love to see how different writers interpret that. Here we get some thoughts on that crap that happened in Vegas and how he was crude with her after. I always appreciate when Bass regrets that a bit. And, yes, I adore that he's still in Texas not just for Miles but for her.

And then there's the smut. It was hot and steamy and sigh-worthy as well. I love how everything changes for them in that night and it completes their lives, bringing them together. Love this: He would not leave her. Not now. Not after this. He could not give a **** how many obstacles he had to fight through. He would be where he had been the moment she had fallen in that empty pool before his feet. With her.

And the epilogue just make me all squishy inside. Bass and Charlie and now Sara make up such a cute little family, and I love how sweet Bass is with their daughter. Unable to deny her anything as Charlie says. Excellent sweet Christmas story and I loved it.

Alright, Tex, you can post as soon as you are ready. If you have any questions, there is sort of an explanation of how we do things in my post a little further down on this page, in case you missed it. LadyH will know to go after you, but you can also prompt her at the end of your post if you want to.
IceonFire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That is me, and that is very sweet of you. I love being part of this group. You have all welcomed me in even though I am not a writer myself.

You don't have to write to enjoy reading...and that's what this is all about. Having fun together and reading.
RandiPandi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Tex or SweetTexas, or even SweetT all are cute...

Quote:
Thanks Finnie! I'm really tired tonight, so I kind of collapsed after work and spent a little while just staring at my ceiling spaced out. I'm here now though!

Quote:
HERE!

Welcome TexasSweet

You're doing two stories Jaq? Jeez lady where you find the time...so jealous!

I'll read your latest one ASAP...and I'll look forward to the other one with naughty Charlie.

Quote:

We love having you LadyH! You're an awesome part of BC and this fandom. Plus, we're both Scorpios, which just makes you even cooler.
ILuvMyThesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
Hi Tex! Welcome to BC. Romeo and Luv, glad you both made it.

Tex, are you going by this handle now everywhere or are you still known as Lemonsaresweet on FF or AO3?
Thank you! I'm going by TexasRevoFan everywhere now and posting under this name on FF and AO3. Hopefully it's not too confusing!
TexasRevoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

You leave some of the best reviews/comments, LadyH! I always look forward to hearing your thoughts whenever I post a fic.
romeokijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Alright, Tex, you can post as soon as you are ready. If you have any questions, there is sort of an explanation of how we do things in my post a little further down on this page, in case you missed it. LadyH will know to go after you, but you can also prompt her at the end of your post if you want to.
Here are my thoughts on this week's stories:

Mistletoe by Driver Picks The Music #1:

This is very sweet! I always love AU fics where Danny is a computer nerd and also is Charlie’s confidante when it comes to her crush on Bass. (Which: of course she’s had a crush on Bass since she was 10, who wouldn’t?) I also like just the subtle hints of Bass having feelings for Charlie starting. And those two. Always finding each other standing under some mistletoe. Of course Bass just happened to come stand next to Charlie underneath it… we’re onto you, Bass, you’re not slick. Love the last scene of him writing her an email, no a text, no an email and trying to convince himself it’s not a big deal. I think we’ve all been there.

Mistletoe by Driver Picks The Music #2:

I love that Charlie keeps a journal, and that Miles is really good at giving gifts. Of course he would be, even though he likes to act like he doesn’t care about anything, his extremely good powers of observation and creative strategic thinking would totally give him awesome gift-giving skills. And I smiled at Miles rolling his eyes at Charlie’s description of the plot of Emma. Hey, Miles, you’re the one who gave it to her!

Oh, damn, Charlie gives Bass her journal – as a journal-keeper, I think this is a very serious present. And Bass’ proposal is absolutely perfect, not over-the-top emotional, but very in character for him. And I like that he asked Miles for permission… because he secretly knows that Charlie is Miles’ kid? Either way, it works. Nice bookend to the previous story.

Reindeer and a Bonfire by Loveforthestory:

I like the first chapter of this. Someone in the comments pointed out that most holiday stories are AU, which is true. I think it’s hard to picture what the holidays would look like after the Blackout, and Love does a good job here of making it realistic and still festive. I love the image of Charlie and Bass together next to a dwindling fire, talking about all that has happened between them and her coaxing Miles stories out of him. And the story about her childhood and the reindeer was so sweet. I also like Bass thinking that her way of thanking him after he saved her in Pottsboro was another attempt on his life – I never thought of it that way, but he’s absolutely right. Poor Bass. Everyone just always trying to kill him all the time, no matter how hard he tries.

In Chapter 2, I like Bass’ introspection on the various aspects of his and Charlie’s relationship. I like the allusion to her sleeping with Connor, it’s always interesting to read Bass’ internal dialogue on that. And other small Charloe moments in the show being brought up is very enjoyable. I love their wordless communication when he comes up to her room, sigh. And the smut is hot, as it always is when Love is writing. The conclusion six years into the future is great, too. It’s nice to see the current family and what has changed vs. stayed the same, as well as their remembering their dead and, as Love says, keeping their memories alive through their stories. A really nice holiday story with a great progression and ending.

O Hush the noise, ye men of strife, and hear the angels sing:

Aww, I love established Charloe. This story is so sweet, it has a perfect holiday tone. I love the image of Bass and Charlie sharing a cup of tea and watching the snow. It’s nice to think that Charlie may have found a photo of Bass and his sisters at her grandparents’ house because it also included her and Miles. This is a very nice little scene, sometimes it’s nice to have relatively angst-free Blackoutverse Charloe. But you know it’s Blackout because Bass is still creeping around with his trusty sword.

You're up, LadyH!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay, my avatar is so pretty!

Sorry, just tooting my own horn... Thanks Lemon for the pretty pic!
ILuvMyThesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
You're doing two stories Jaq? Jeez lady where you find the time...so jealous!

I'll read your latest one ASAP...and I'll look forward to the other one with naughty Charlie.
Remind me what I was talking about last week? Is that the General Monroe story (The Bride's Price is what I'm going with as a title, I think.) My problem with that one for Pornucopia is that it will probably me a multichapter and I'm not so sure how quick I can get it finished.

This one I just posted has been circling since the day I first heard that Hozier song, and someone prompted me "figs and flowers" earlier in the week and just made it click into place for CornPorn. So I wrote it yesterday and it's only short but I feel as if I have exorcised myself of that damn gorgeous song so I love it. Hopefully SparrowHawke does too Now I might have to look at that Undone sequel for you next

(Right after The Takedown. Or at least a new chap thereof ... it is on my list )
jaqofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Now I might have to look at that Undone sequel for you next

(Right after The Takedown. Or at least a new chap thereof ... it is on my list )
Omg possibly more Undone?!?! Squeeeee. And YAY to another chapter of The Takedown. This is a lot of exciting news in one post
Reply   Post New Thread