View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 08:28 PM
IceonFire7
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoInfinite (View Post)
Hey there, Thessie! La la land is a happenin' place, but glad you made it back to us
OK, think we're all here, except maybe Irish, and we will track her down at some point. And Irish, I am SOOOO sorry I put you at the beginning of the line-up. I didn't see your post until it was too late. I apologize, my friend.

Alright, LadyH, we're going to let Tex (have we settled on that one?) go right after I post, so you can just hop back into the line-up after she goes, OK?

Alright, thoughts for this week:

Mistletoe - It was nice to get to read this, considering we'd just read Red Camaro last week. So now we get to find out how the little kiss went down back at Christmas time and what exactly led to Bass and Charlie hooking up later on.

This was really cute and a nice glimpse into the first moment where Bass began to feel differently for Charlie. I love the moment where Bass reaches up and touches his face right where she kissed him. It shows he was not unaffected by her and maybe set the wheels in motion for all the further Charloe goodness in the Camaro series.

And the part at the end where he can't decide whether he should send an email or a text or just do nothing was adorable.

Mistletoe Part 2 - Another cute story with the added bonus of Charloe already being a couple. I love the corollation Randi makes between Charlie and Bass and the book, Emma. There are numerous examples in literature of the older man with the younger woman, and I suspect it was quite normal back in Jane Austen's day.

Also such a different Rachel from the one we saw on the show.

And then there's the marriage proposal *huge sigh* I love that he says he was never going to ask anyone to marry him, but he never thought he'd fall in love with Charlie. I also love that he asked Miles for his blessing. It's sweet how Charlie sees him as her father figure and it's also sweet that Bass wanted to honor that. I love this little Christmas story.

O Hush the noise, ye men of strife, and hear the angels sing - This is such a short little story, but it's a beautiful glimpse into a future life with Charloe. Even though there is no prior set-up, hayj does such a good job of setting the scene so I can tell Charlie and Bass are together. I love when she tells him he's the only one who can truly understand because I believe Charlie and Bass do have a lot in common. Love how they share stories of their siblings and the past. This is just a sweet Charloe Christmas story.

Reindeer and a Bonfire - I love the bantering going on at the beginning of this story between Bass and Aaron. I suspect with more time (and if the show was still on the air) Bass and Aaron might have become friends; although it may have constantly translated as them picking on each other like kids.

I like the idea of the bonfire for a Christmas in post-Blackout Texas. It seems fitting somehow. I love how they are sitting around telling stories of past Christmases, even if it is embarrassing Charlie. But I especially like that it was Miles and BASS who took Charlie to see reindeer when she was a kid.

I love this line here: 'I was hoping, now the war is over, that we still could be on that same side.' Her voice was soft, and her eyes were serious. Charlie and Bass still on the same side. Yay! And the deep conversation that happens between them (I always love those ) really starts to open up their relationship some more. Then there's a little kiss...and the bonding has begun.

I love in the second chapter how we get into Bass's thoughts a bit more. I always enjoy what's going on in his mind, and I love to see how different writers interpret that. Here we get some thoughts on that crap that happened in Vegas and how he was crude with her after. I always appreciate when Bass regrets that a bit. And, yes, I adore that he's still in Texas not just for Miles but for her.

And then there's the smut. It was hot and steamy and sigh-worthy as well. I love how everything changes for them in that night and it completes their lives, bringing them together. Love this: He would not leave her. Not now. Not after this. He could not give a **** how many obstacles he had to fight through. He would be where he had been the moment she had fallen in that empty pool before his feet. With her.

And the epilogue just make me all squishy inside. Bass and Charlie and now Sara make up such a cute little family, and I love how sweet Bass is with their daughter. Unable to deny her anything as Charlie says. Excellent sweet Christmas story and I loved it.

Alright, Tex, you can post as soon as you are ready. If you have any questions, there is sort of an explanation of how we do things in my post a little further down on this page, in case you missed it. LadyH will know to go after you, but you can also prompt her at the end of your post if you want to.
IceonFire7 is offline   Reply With Quote