Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Now it seems like 1x10-1x11 will be very Bash heavy to the point we will be lucky if we saw Francis for a scene.
I actually think this might backfire. I think too much of the paganism stuff will turn people off. And what fans Bash do have seem to like him cause he's "mysterious", and if they have him talking about bloodlusting and hanging up people every ep I don't think it will do him any favors. I don't think people are really here for the pagan s/l. A little bit of it maybe, but if the focus shifts there from the politics I think there will be backlash.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly the only character that has really come off as mysterious to me is Nost.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylo (View Post)
Can I just say how much I hate this? I find the whole pagan storyline uninteresting and just plain old ridiculous. I really wish that they would just stick to political games and backstabbing. Why not develop Bash's storyline that way? Or give him scenes with his father since he is the favorite son? I just can't with this pagan stuff. Every time they said "blood debt" that one episode I was like
I do too. It's one of the many things that turned me off in the Pilot. But there are some people who like that stuff. I remember reading a post from a viewer on TWOP in reaction to 1.2 who said that she found Bash more interesting than Francis because he was connected to the pagan stuff. I too find it all vapid, but there are people who do like it.

I'm a big fan of challenging your viewers to think even when they're being entertained. For me, political and family intrigue are far more interesting and relatable when well-written and there's so much to mine from the times in which Mary and Francis' actually lived. That's why Torrance should have played one of Mary's uncles instead of some fabricated son of Henri's. He would actually have some kind of significance. Your suggestions would have worked just as well. But they went this route instead.

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
I do too. It's one of the many things that turned me off in the Pilot. But there are some people who like that stuff. I remember reading a post from a viewer on TWOP in reaction to 1.2 who said that she found Bash more interesting than Francis because he was connected to the pagan stuff. I too find it all vapid, but there are people who do like it.

I'm a big fan of challenging your viewers to think even when they're being entertained. For me, political and family intrigue are far more interesting and relatable when well-written and there's so much to mine from the times in which Mary and Francis' actually lived. That's why Torrance should have played one of Mary's uncles instead of some fabricated son of Henri's. He would actually have some kind of significance. Your suggestions would have worked just as well. But they went this route instead.
I completely agree. I feel like the pagan stuff is the show's way of trying to be somewhat "supernatural." I mean most teen shows now have vampires or witches or superheros and Reign has pagans I guess. But on a show depicting a historic time, it seems so completely out of place and lame. I don't like it all.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Kayeberrie put her thoughts up. LOL

I Had To Put It In Words
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Love her!

Icon: Jessiegabriela
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I love her posts so much.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylo (View Post)
I completely agree. I feel like the pagan stuff is the show's way of trying to be somewhat "supernatural." I mean most teen shows now have vampires or witches or superheros and Reign has pagans I guess. But on a show depicting a historic time, it seems so completely out of place and lame. I don't like it all.
I think that may be it; adding the pagan stuff as well as the imposed triangle seemed to be an attempt to making the show marketable for CW's target demo. While I think it grossly underestimates the intelligence and insight of the viewership at large, any ripple in the reactions to both the pagan and triangle-centric episodes may indicate that there is some method to the crazy (although the triangle business is wearing thin for many).

Just read kayberrie's post and reading that episode description over again.

Last edited by jnnj; 01-09-2014 at 10:56 PM
Old 01-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Fan

So ... Not to stoke the fire too much because I know that gets tricky

But that cat from the last thread is not one of Torrance and Alyssa's. They have one black and white (Renly) and one fluffy (Count Fluffo). And the cat in the picture has scarily similar markings to that of Toby's kitten, whom he got months ago. Funny thing about kittens. They don't stay kittens long, and the cat in that picture looks like a really young cat.

And who's to say the cat's in London? Cats travel a lot more easily than other (larger) animals. Highly transportable.

I feel like a crazy person now.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hot Mess (View Post)
Kayeberrie put her thoughts up. LOL

I Had To Put It In Words
lol lovely
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Adelaide is allergic to cats so I doubt she would be watching anyones. She mentions wanting to squeeze the cat in the pic, but can't because of allergies. And Torrance responded so Im pretty sure it is his.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
I think that may be it; adding the pagan stuff as well as the imposed triangle seemed to be an attempt to making the show marketable for CW's target demo. While I think it grossly underestimates the intelligence and insight of the viewership at large, any ripple in the reactions to both the pagan and triangle-centric episodes may indicate that there is some method to the crazy (although the triangle business is wearing thin for many).
Agreed. I think Reign has a very different fanbase than the other CW shows
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)

But that cat from the last thread is not one of Torrance and Alyssa's. They have one black and white (Renly) and one fluffy (Count Fluffo). And the cat in the picture has scarily similar markings to that of Toby's kitten, whom he got months ago. Funny thing about kittens. They don't stay kittens long, and the cat in that picture looks like a really young cat.

And who's to say the cat's in London? Cats travel a lot more easily than other (larger) animals. Highly transportable.

Until today, I didn't know Toby has a cat. I seriously know nothing about these actors.

That said, you sure it's not one of their cats? If it is Toby's cat, then maybe Torrance and Alyssa are cat-sitting for him (or maybe for someone else)?

Old 01-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)

Ade has a lot of friends in LA. I think the cat belongs to one of them (but I agree it doesn't look like one of Torr and Alyssa's, which I feel like I know intimately at this point with all the pics on twitter and instagram.)

I'm sure Toby's kitty traveled with him. They're pretty portable. And yes, Ade is highly allergic. Not the right cat sitter.

Now off to read Kayeberry's genius.