Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaHogan (View Post)

Spoiler:

ugh!! I'm so annoyed right now! Why must they force feed us this bull crap MB bond? So not cool.

And why isn't Francis playing a bigger role in this? Was Toby in England when they filmed this episode?

Icon: Jessiegabriela

Last edited by tvd-love; 01-09-2014 at 09:14 PM
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Spoiler:
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Absolute Fan

One of the writers is credited with Hearts & Minds, ep 4, the other is new to Reign, it looks like he had a hand in 2 s1 eps for Teen Wolf, if he's the Daniel Sinclair it seems most likely he is off imdb.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvd-love (View Post)
And why isn't Francis playing a bigger role in this? Was Toby in England when they filmed this episode?
It was bound to happen. Torr has barely had any screen time and he is billed as high as Toby. Even though I don't like Francis getting sidelined for even a little bit, we were kind of spoiled by the first 8 eps.

And, I probably shouldn't point this out, but better to just pull the band aid off now. Toby was in England for the filming of 1x11. So just brace yourself for two Francis-lite episodes in a row.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
It was bound to happen. Torr has barely had any screen time and he is billed as high as Toby. Even though I don't like Francis getting sidelined for even a little bit, we were kind of spoiled by the first 8 eps.

And, I probably shouldn't point this out, but better to just pull the band aid off now. Toby was in England for the filming of 1x11. So just brace yourself for two Francis-lite episodes in a row.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Extreme Fan

And it seems like Torrance has been filming a bunch, even more than Adelaide.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

even though torrance is billed just as high as toby, his character just doesn't fit with the show as well as toby's does, he's no where near as important he feels so irrelevant and despite their "best" efforts none of his potential SLs interest me (MB or the pagan sht). it just feels totally forced. Legitimisation might have been interesting but it's pretty much impossible at this point.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Not surprised on 1.11. Based on the bits we were hearing during filming, we sensed that. Honestly, the way they're handling this stuff smacks of bad story plotting, IMHO.

They seem to be trying now to develop Bash and his development seems to be in direct connection with developing the pagan storyline a little more. They took a few pains to actually connect him to that and they really haven't developed that arc yet, so that may explain some of the increase in filming for him. But, I really don't give two hoots about him now after 8 episodes of him being as flat as cardboard. Develop him on his own, preferably leaving Mary out of it (but it's too late for that).

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler

Last edited by jnnj; 01-09-2014 at 09:57 PM
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Unless Toby shot a lot of scenes in one or two days? I mean, he could be in more than I think.

Also Clarissa will be in 1x11.

Last edited by firewall; 01-09-2014 at 10:13 PM
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

If the writers really are going to take this approach... a few episodes on toby, a few on torrance... well that would be incredibly stupid. you can write good SLs for both your male leads at once without it getting convoluted. going back and forth between the leads will mess up the show and we'll end up feeling disconnected from both francis and bash.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Extreme Fan

The pagan stuff sucks. I also think Bash needs a storyline of his on (away from Mary) but I have noo interest in his paganism. Diane's history of it might be more interesting, and how she kept it hidden from the kind, since their affair started before he and Catherine were married.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
If the writers really are going to take this approach... a few episodes on toby, a few on torrance... well that would be incredibly stupid. you can write good SLs for both your male leads at once without it getting convoluted. going back and forth between the leads will mess up the show and we'll end up feeling disconnected from both francis and bash.
True, but I think it will swing back to Toby for 1x12 and 1x13, so really, it's not that bad when you think of all we got from the pilot through 1x08.

ETA: btw, here are the Clarissa on-set pics for 1x11: 1, 2
and 1x12: 1, 2, 3

They don't tell us much, except that she's there, but I think you guys need a distraction.

Last edited by firewall; 01-09-2014 at 10:12 PM
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Ugh! I wanted to stay positive because so far the writers have exceeded my expectations despite the CW's constant triangle pushing but this and the stupid tv guide article we got yesterday about a brother's betrayal just annoys me. I know descriptions can be miss leading or whatever but this is a load of crap. I said I can deal with it as long as Mary doesn't have feelings or falls in love with Bash but now I don't know what to think. I'm worried about their wedding and marriage.

Icon: Jessiegabriela
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also have a problem with that. For the most part Francis had the "main lead" feeling in the first half (with possibly the exception of 1x06) While Bash seemed to be more of a minor character. I would say he was more minor than Henry. Henry has been absent at least 2 eps. Now it seems like 1x10-1x11 will be very Bash heavy to the point we will be lucky if we saw Francis for a scene.

As for 1x12 and beyond its hard to say. We assume the wedding is in 1x13 (and I'm assuming Francis might find out about a possible relationship with MB - considering it seems like their will be a fight between them)

But I'm just curious what Adelaide meant when called Bash loyal to Francis. He doesnt seem loyal to me

Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
Not surprised on 1.11. Based on the bits we were hearing during filming, we sensed that. Honestly, the way they're handling this stuff smacks of bad story plotting, IMHO.

They seem to be trying now to develop Bash and his development seems to be in direct connection with developing the pagan storyline a little more. They took a few pains to actually connect him to that and they really haven't developed that arc yet, so that may explain some of the increase in filming for him. But, I really don't give two hoots about him now after 8 episodes of him being as flat as cardboard. Develop him on his own, preferably leaving Mary out of it (but it's too late for that).
Can I just say how much I hate this? I find the whole pagan storyline uninteresting and just plain old ridiculous. I really wish that they would just stick to political games and backstabbing. Why not develop Bash's storyline that way? Or give him scenes with his father since he is the favorite son? I just can't with this pagan stuff. Every time they said "blood debt" that one episode I was like