Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know OF Jane from LJ. While I've read some things from her (I loved her G/R crack!fic), I haven't read these reviews. She has quite the gift.

Thank you for posting these. I need to laugh so much!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I know OF Jane from LJ. While I've read some things from her (I loved her G/R crack!fic), I haven't read these reviews. She has quite the gift.

Thank you for posting these. I need to laugh so much!
Very strangely, I CANNOT read her fic. I've tried so many times. Immediately, it's like too much wording for me. (YES - pot, kettle, I'm black.) But, my fav fics are of few words, like Brian.

This is my personal post 513 canon fic by severina. I don't know how she does it. she can describe an entire scene in like 20 words and I'm left with the appropriate emotion. "Gold and Silver Shines" - Nano Fic. Chapter One - "Only The Young" - Severina

But, OMG - Jane's episode analyses??? They Are Priceless. And I so love Larissa's cat Draco's input, as well, not to mention Jane's alter ego from BJFIC the beloved but illiterate BBJFE!!

And, the posters who contribute are also incredible. Lucinda, Minion, Gaedhal, etc.

I sooo wish these people were still on the boards. I miss their wit something fierce.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay...here is one that is excellent. It's really a story. You must!

The Wedding Satire by LadyJane_BBJFE

Summary and Notes:

Quote:
Summary:

Um. This is hard to describe.

Pure, unadulterated crack, told in alternating narratives between the author and her alter-ego, a 14-year old clueless bad!fic writer. The narrative also switches from inside BBJFE's head to Jane's cracky interpretation of the QAF!verse, to a behind-the-scenes cracky interpretation of Gale losing his mind and Randy's resignation while CowLip manifests as a fascist monstrosity.

Basically, Brian proposes in alternating romantic and cynicism depending on which story you're reading, and CowLip exploits the politics of gay marriage for their own infernal end game.

Notes:

I wrote this almost a decade ago, but haven't posted it here until now because... well, it's weird. Or, to put it another way, this story is in a context of the hotly debated end of the series, the horrible, horrible bad!fic and ship/character wars raging in the fandom at the time. Looking back, I can only scratch my head. I still find it funny - but I'm not sure if that's "haha" funny or "wtf" funny. A little of both, maybe.

Disclaimer: Okay, Seriously. I don't know Gale Harold or Randy Harrison. They appear here as TOTALLY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS for the purpose of pure satire. I made up these people, completely. CowLip is not the two-headed, four-armed monstrosity as I imply in this story. Really. It’s not. I mean it. I don't know Cow or Lip either. In fact, all these people are fictional. Gale would never walk off a set; from everything I hear, he and Randy are totally professional. I don't know anything about them; all situations are made up for satirical plot purposes and in all probability bear absolutely no resemblance to real people. Any chance they do is pure coincidence.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Okay...here is one that is excellent. It's really a story. You must!

The Wedding Satire by LadyJane_BBJFE

Summary and Notes:
OK, Deborah. *sigh - gulp - gag - sigh again* I'm going in.

See you on the other side!!!

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

OMG you two had fun here today

I have to sneek into both, the lifejournal and the fic.. I just wished I would have more time...

icon by Daggi
Old 10-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Larissa: I’m thinking Justin did some bad sh-- in Hollywood. How do you get from Hollywood orgy high in saturated fat snacks/Russian lit Justin to Babysitting!Justin? Just WTF---ing F---? Did C/L sit around and decide exactly how badly they were going to f--- with Justin’s characterization this season? Was the Posse just not enough of a f--- up last season? Did Ron and Dan get high and go “F***, I know *snort* we’ll…. *gasp* we’ll make him babysit for the fighting lesbians!... give me another hit of that s***… and we’ll make him actually like the little acorn squash er babything. Oh, and let’s make him like puppies, too! It’s brilliant!” *passes out*
Oh, man!! I was LOOKING for this for two weeks and I finally found it so I'm posting it. Citing: taken w/out permission b/c I don't know how to contact author b/c this was from 12 years ago. Again, it's Larissa. It's from https://jane2005.livejournal.com/30770.html in the review of 504. She's talking about when Justin was at Mel's with JR.

I keep citing Larissa's stuff, but the Mr. Monkey Novotny-Bruckner is ALL Jane!! So, I can't say who's funnier. But, this stuff about Cowlip sitting around thinking of what to do with Justin's character??? ROFLMFAO

I, personally, never thought he was baby sitting in this scene - just visiting and holding the baby. And, since he was back home and that's where his friends were and a new baby did just arrive I didn't see anything too OOC about Justin being there.

BUT, still...quite domestic for somebody who was out west living a completely different lifestyle including working in the movies, living in a mansion, and having an actual "fling" with Connor James. Yup - he broke the last rule - remember NO REPEATS? (It must be the distance loophole Emmett speaks about in 201) It was his over zealous LOVE for said baby that was strange. Because, oh yeah, very shortly thereafter he'll decide he might actually want one. Um...hello??? He's like 21 or 22. Really? Already? BOOOOO!! Cowlip you really are horrible at your jobs!!!

p.s. - I seem to be the only one in the fandom (including Randy) who didn't think the posse was OOC. The timing is about right. He wouldn't have been ready to be all gung ho and angry until the dust settled a bit. Plus, Darren's attack triggered it. He didn't just wake up one morning and decided he wanted to wear pink and carry pepper spray. Now, the mutual j*** off in the alley with the gun???? NOW, THAT WAS STUPID!!!

BTW - Justin DID get to top that night in 404. He was clearly winning that fight. See, when he threw Brian over for the last time? Brian went flying and had no "control" over where he landed. After that, he had to relinquish "control" to Justin. Too bad stupid Ron thought it was a mistake to show Brian vulnerable so we were never able to see that again. Second piece of evidence speaking to that topping, though, is Brian with Justin's leash...um...belt...around his neck. YUM! and OH MY!! Justin was prepping Brian little by little in this arc. Brian was going to be topped and soon showed that little moment. Justin clearly had control during that entire session and Brian let him. Again, they were leading us up to the conclusion of the fight for top even though they couldn't blatantly show it to us. Further evidence: in 513 when Justin said he had a dream, "you were riding me in the stable..." Brian doesn't even blink at that. It happens btwn them. Stupid Cowlip just didn't have the gutts to show it more thatn once for fear we wouldn't consider Brian the Alpha anymore. (Granted at that moment Brian was thinking about much more devastating things than to object to Justin's dream - but still. The comment and implication went by him un-noticed b/c it's not THAT far fetched. LOL)

Although, there's the scene in the shower in 512 when Justin's TRYING to turn Brian around Brian won't let him. So, it still must be a special thing btwn them that doesn't happen all THAT often. I really wish, given what went down in 510-511 that Ron would've allowed Justin to turn Brian around in that scene. OOOOHHHH. What will never be. Thanks, Cowlip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
OMG you two had fun here today

I have to sneek into both, the lifejournal and the fic.. I just wished I would have more time...
Well, hi, Daggi!! We missed you!!

Yes - it was quite fun. But, Jane and Larissa are sooo funny that they make you do spit takes. Just don't drink anything while you're reading. And, pee regularly. If you don't you'll have an accident.

Deborah - I just read the fic. It was surprisingly romantic. She was definitely sucking me into Jane's version of B/J. Took a minute to adjust to Jane's version of G/R but after a few sentences she sucked me in there, as well. I died laughing at BBJFE's version of B/J.

Brian's vows to Justin were WOW, Jane. I don't know how you came up with that. BEAUTIFUL.

Then, G/R re-writing the scene was really great. They definitely found B/J's voices.

Of course, in true Jane-fashion she had me laughing at the end when Gale saves the file as “WasteofTime12.” and they go back to finish the scene.

Thanks for letting me in on it!!

Oh - ducking back in here b/c it just popped into my mind randomly and I'm having a fit of giggles. Jane and Larissa refer to Gale as "the Precious" (as in Gollum's ring). Rolling on the floor, laughing my a$$ off right now. Hard to type. Can't breathe.

Hey, Deborah...remember when I was posting about "somebody" online and I couldn't remember who it was or where that was saying by S4 Brian was no longer Justin's bitch? Well, I found it. It's Jane in her review of 507 -509. https://jane2005.livejournal.com/33050.html

I'm still having such a problem with this. Truthfully, I feel like Brian was Justin's bitch since night one. (But, not in a derogatory sense - in a romantic sense) And, that's why he always followed Justin. He LOVED him and would do anything for him. This is my SECOND read of the fact that by S4 that stops. I JUST DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY. Anyhow, if you're ducking into the journal and you want to take a look it may be something worth discussing.

Have a nice evening!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-27-2017 at 06:59 AM
Old 10-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I have WAY TOO MANY tabs open right now...just toggling back and forth. I must stop. It's all your fault, Beth! Actually, I'm loving it!

I don't think the "Pink Posse" was so unreasonable. I mean there is no timeline on grief and it seems both Darren and then Cody triggered his rage. The gun HJ was really uncomfortable to watch. And I can't think of a better word than you use to describe it...STUPID!

I have really strong feelings about the 404 "fight". I've watched that scene repeatedly and I felt like a rape scene to me. But lets talk about this in the S4 thread.

I'd like to believe that Justin topped quite often in that relationship. I LOVE fics where it's not even questioned...just fact. One of the stories I adore is by Miss Miko. It starts out with S1 Gap-Fillers and diverges into fantasy seasons starting with 2. If you have the chance...just read part 1. That woman can write! With her permission, I've been reposting her stories to MW and presently working on her fantasy season 3. She started writing them around 2001 and finished around 2006.

Heels Over Head ~ QAF Season One Gap Fillers by Miss Miko

More later!

OMG...just a little quote from Jane's fic:

Quote:
“Do you Justin Buford Taylor take Brain Ashley Kinney to be your law fully wedded husband?”
Old 10-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

deleted so I wouldn't have two posts in a row.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-29-2017 at 11:34 AM
Old 10-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

BUMPING THIS THREAD B/C I COULDN'T FIND A BRIAN/TED THREAD AND B/C I BEGAN THIS IN THE MUSIC THREAD AND IT JUST DOESN'T BELONG THERE.

Quote:
But that 509 song had Ted too. This was the beginning of their friendship, I believe.

BTW...it's okay to have discussions about scenes.
It's NOT OK to discuss scenes with the things I want to say about said scenes!! LMAO

So, firstly - I think B/T have been friends for a looooooong time. Brian was calling Emmett his friend since 401 and ACTING like Emmett's dear, dear friend in 314 - I think? Dancing in Babylon? Ted and Emmett go hand in hand. It's just that Brian can NOT resist playing on Ted's insecurities and Ted ALWAYS saying that Brian DOESN"T consider him a friend. Brian just goes with it.

B/T appreciate each other's wit when nobody else understands it, they have a chemistry witnessed in 214 at Woody's, Brian helped Ted in 307? 308? 309?, B/T on the couch after Ted fixes the money wiring mistake is amazing, etc.

OMG, Deborah, how funny is it that Jane/Larissa are so fed up with Cowlip and the massacre of B/J that they start rooting for B/T as the OTP!!! LMAO

But, here's what kills me. Brian's generous to a fault. He throws money at Linds, Justin, and if Michael accepted it, he would do it for Michael as well.

Brian came from a lower middle class blue collar family but you can SEE that Brian either found himself some mentors in his early years or taught himself - he's perfectly comfortable and fits right in at country clubs.

So, we know he has manners.

Soooooo...what's with him always grabbing a drink and not offering the person standing there one?

What's with him lighting a post coital cig and not offering one EVER to Justin?

AND WHAT'S WITH BRIAN NOT LETTING TED, EMMETT, AND MICHAEL COME TO BABYLON FOR FREE?? And, Michael's never there - so we're really only talking about two people.

Brian's rich. TED'S AN ALCOHOLIC so he drinks only soft drinks. HOW MUCH CAN THAT ACTUALLY COST BRIAN?? Ted ALSO works for Brian and appears to be his right hand man having surpassed the measly job description of accountant from his very first day there. Ted's ALWAYS at Babylon and it appears that's partly to serve in a professional capacity. So, Ted should be comped. No?

So, why are we so impressed when Brian tells Ted that Ted's drink is on Brian? Then, he says ANYTHING...for a friend. As if buying Ted that drink was like giving Ted the shirt off Brian's back.

He even makes Emmett pay the cover fee ALONG with his drinks!! I mean, c'mon, writers!! Brian isn't that stingy!! Brian's not cheap!! He's not that petty!! So, again, we're faced with inconsistency.

Quote:
So I have WAY TOO MANY tabs open right now...just toggling back and forth. I must stop. It's all your fault, Beth! Actually, I'm loving it!

I don't think the "Pink Posse" was so unreasonable. I mean there is no timeline on grief and it seems both Darren and then Cody triggered his rage. The gun HJ was really uncomfortable to watch. And I can't think of a better word than you use to describe it...STUPID!

I have really strong feelings about the 404 "fight". I've watched that scene repeatedly and I felt like a rape scene to me. But lets talk about this in the S4 thread.

I'd like to believe that Justin topped quite often in that relationship. I LOVE fics where it's not even questioned...just fact. One of the stories I adore is by Miss Miko. It starts out with S1 Gap-Fillers and diverges into fantasy seasons starting with 2. If you have the chance...just read part 1. That woman can write! With her permission, I've been reposting her stories to MW and presently working on her fantasy season 3. She started writing them around 2001 and finished around 2006.

Heels Over Head ~ QAF Season One Gap Fillers by Miss Miko

More later!

OMG...just a little quote from Jane's fic:
Why do I have these violent giggle fits with these two? It's not just a laugh. It's like there's a string directly tied to my bladder and I can no longer swallow. I've actually choked on my water and peed myself reading them. I wanted to quote so many things from that fic but I really had nowhere left to post!!! LMAO

Why do you have so many tabs open? Because I'm making you have to post videos, read the journal and find fic for me to read? OMG. I'm laughing again. SORRY, DEBORAH!! I'm glad you're loving it. I'm loving it, too.

I'm making my way over to S4 b/c I'm really interested, and concerned, how you feel like it was a rape scene. I HOPE you don't mean Brian's the rapist here. Justin seemed pretty in control of that event IMHO. BUT, we'll discuss in S4. See you there!! SMOOCHES!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-29-2017 at 12:37 PM
Old 10-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't recall Brian making everyone pay for their own drinks and cover charges. When he said anything like that, I think he was being sardonic. Also...I do recall Brian and Justin sharing cigarettes. Have we ever seen Justin having a post-coital cigarette? I don't remember.

Reading through ALL of Jane and Larissa's S5 recaps, I'm so glad I didn't read them when the show was airing. Although they're funny, they're so negative. For people who generally enjoy the entire show, I can see those recaps sort of ruining it for them. They are brutal. UGH!

I love QAF...the entire show. Yes...the ending and treatment of B/J relationship pisses me off, and I do believe CowLip did them and us a disservice with them, I am happy that I've seen the entire series many times and fell in love with ALL of the characters. If it was just B/J, I couldn't have maintained interest over 5 seasons. It would be like watching Shameless only for the Ian/Mickey storyline. It would really suck.

ITA with the feelings about the ending, and Mikey, Lindsay, Mel, Debbie, Brandon, etc. I adore Ted and Emmett. There were so many great things about this show. I will hold on to that.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't recall Brian making everyone pay for their own drinks and cover charges.
Emmett was FIRST rejected by the bouncer in 503 and Brian, Justin, and Ted ALL walked in and left him standing there. And, he never DID get in that night.

Then, on another night, Emmett's finally able to get in - and Ted's happy about that fact - b/c they're all written as idiots. And, Emmett says he had to tip the bouncer twenty bucks. If he had to do that then he also would have had to pay the fee because it's obvious the owner, nor the owner's partner, nor the owner's right hand man, who also happens to be Emmett's best friend has put Emmett on ANY kind of list and he's been hung out to dry. LOL I'm sad for Emmett. But I'm laughing b/c it's sooo ridiculous.

Then, in 505 - Brian tells Emmett he has to go make an important announcement (the syphilis) - and Emmett says, "half priced entry fee for bottoms?" And Brian gives him a death stare. I took that to mean, "no, dear Emmett you'll pay full price, thank you!!"

Quote:
When he said anything like that, I think he was being sardonic.
I could be dead wrong but it sounded serious when Brian told Ted Ted's drink was on Brian. Ted gave Brian a genuine and touched Thank You.

Quote:
Also...I do recall Brian and Justin sharing cigarettes. Have we ever seen Justin having a post-coital cigarette? I don't remember.
Well, thank God for your recall b/c I can't recall anytime he did that! Justin dabbles at smoking. In the opening of 313 just b/f Hunter barges in with the murderer's spunk - as Brian said - Justin took Brian's cig and puffed on it.

I mean - it's just polite to offer. UNLESS Justin's adamantly NOT a smoker then just be polite.

And, why can't he ask anybody if he/she would also like a drink? I've seen him pour two coffees, make two bowls of cereal, and pop two beers (one for him and one for M). But, I think that's it. And, it makes me bristle. He's soooo generous. And, he has manners. Why do they write him to be so crass?

Quote:
Reading through ALL of Jane and Larissa's S5 recaps, I'm so glad I didn't read them when the show was airing. Although they're funny, they're so negative. For people who generally enjoy the entire show, I can see those recaps sort of ruining it for them. They are brutal. UGH!
The first time I saw QAF THIS TIME AROUND, not when it originally aired when I skipped season 5 in 2005. THIS TIME, I was in the fetal position when Michael demanded Brian get on that pedestal. I kept saying, "no, no, no, no, no!!" AND, hysterically crying already over the B/J farewell scene. So, I wasn't in good shape when the credits started to roll.

I never FULLY read Jane's spoilers in 2005 when I chickened out of watching S5. But, as you can see she warned SV's because she reviewed those chapters with a bird's eye view and talked about future episodes. BUT, even though I read only several and got the general IDEA of what went down I never had the nuanced details of Brian being just robbed and left alone. LET ME CORRECT THAT - my brain tends to block things out that it finds traumatizing. So, maybe I DID know exactly what happened to B/J back in 2005. But, I had absolutely no memory when I tuned in THIS TIME. I was blind sided. And, I interpreted the last part of 513 exactly as Jane/Larissa did. So, when I began reading their stuff I felt like I was home bathing in a warm spring of acid.

SOOOOOO...when I finally went online (this time around) and I found her journal it was like 98% of the they wrote was coming from my brain.

I felt and feel ALL of that negativity and vitriol and acid, resentment, anger, etc.

I'm glad you didn't read it b/f watching QAF b/c you seem to be coming from a different angle. And, that's awesome. That's why we've been having these great debates.

But, yeah - I disagree on her take of Brian sometimes and her interpretations of certain scenes but for the most part - OMG. And, the posters share my thoughts, as well.

I almost died when somebody in there wrote that Brandon needed to wash his hair and that stupid black shirt with roses Brian wore to dinner in 504 HAD to be burned. (Sorry to all of you who like that shirt.) But, I DID pee myself b/c this was written 12 years ago and they were plucking strong feelings from my head.

Quote:
I love QAF...the entire show. Yes...the ending and treatment of B/J relationship pisses me off, and I do believe CowLip did them and us a disservice with them, I am happy that I've seen the entire series many times and fell in love with ALL of the characters. If it was just B/J, I couldn't have maintained interest over 5 seasons. It would be like watching Shameless only for the Ian/Mickey storyline. It would really suck.

ITA with the feelings about the ending, and Mikey, Lindsay, Mel, Debbie, Brandon, etc. I adore Ted and Emmett. There were so many great things about this show. I will hold on to that.
I'm so happy you like the whole show. You deserve to be entertained, to laugh, to cry, to feel like you're part of the Liberty Avenue gang for the ENTIRE experience.

I just can't. Like I said, it happened organically. I heard on the radio a caller was saying she loved the show b/c she felt like she was just hanging with the guys. I got Showtime and tuned in. FOR ME - one of the most epic experiences of my life was that this caller led me to Brian and Justin.

I think your thread says A Romance Like No Other. Soooo true!! I stumbled on to them, decidedly DIDN'T love the rest of the story lines and I've been a Brianite ever since who brings Justin along for the ride b/c that's Brian's true love.

SMOOCHES!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-30-2017 at 03:34 PM
Old 11-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know it's futile and moot. But, they gave us so little info in 513. Their dialogue was so abstract.

Why couldn't they get back together in 509 so we'd have an extra episode for them to flesh (no pun intended) this out?

I really want the answers to:

Did Jennifer tell Justin Brian visited Justin in the hospital every night?

I KNOW Justin wants to make it on his own but I wish Brian just said - I'm here financially, always, if you ever need me. (This one is the least of my concerns. Brian would ALWAYS be there and Justin knows it.)

Did Justin paint the huge painting in Brian's loft? If not, does Brian have one of Justin's paintings?

Why wasn't Justin at the re-opening of Babylon that night? Were they not speaking or did he have a scheduling conflict?

Brian said he never meant anything more when Justin asked if he really wanted to get married. Is that why he kept the rings? I know it was for sentimentality but did he keep them with a future intention in mind? That he never truly gave up on them being together?

If he kept the rings did he keep the country manor?

Is Brian actively waiting for Justin?

I have to say, thank you, Deborah. Plumsuede offered me the most convincing argument in Embark, Framed, and Beyond the Yellow Brick Road as to why Brian shouldn't follow Justin to NYC, at least for several years.

So, though I KNOW Brian follows Justin everywhere and I was truly convincing myself that Brian opened a satellite Kinnetik office almost immediately, now because of Plumsuede, I don't think so.

Ya know, I'm a fan of open endings. But, that isn't what this was. This was just ending the show with a thousand loose ends they were too lazy to resolve. 99% of these questions could have been answered and they still could have had a completely OPEN END (pun intended!!).
Old 11-04-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You are absolutly right Beth.. a few answers to close it off would have been nice

I'm not sure if JEnnifer told Justin about Brians nightly hospital visits. My guess is, she thought it is Brians business to do so, and we know Brian never would do that so I think Justin never will know (not unless some fanfics become true)

To the second Question you already gave yourself the answer.. I'm sure Hustin knows that, if he would ever ask Brian for help, he will get it within the blink of an eye, but Brian never would force it on him.. but what could happen is, that, if Brian would find out in any way that Justin is struggling, he sure would help him without letting him knw .. maybe buy a painting to a hight price without letting him know or even let some of his clients buy them and promoting Justins work on this way..

Since the painting in Brians loft is so different to Justins other work, I start to doubt it, although it would make me happy but we already know that he bought the drawing of himslef and hid it... so maybe he owns paintings, that Justin knows of and has them hanging in Kinnetik or Britin? which leads to an other question.. if he did keep Britin? I love the thought that he did. He bought it for his prince and he will keep it for hiim to life in when he comes back... or even as an investment he made in behalf of Justin, so that way he made sure Justin has some money when he would need it most when he sells Britin himslef some day if neccessary

I don't think Brian would be activley waiting for Justin, at least I don't think he would make it look like that, but in my head, they never lost touch and tried out a long distance relationship... but he wouldn't make Justin fell caged in and let him go his way on his own.. but we know that Justin too would be unhappy without Brian

icon by Daggi
Old 11-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
You are absolutly right Beth.. a few answers to close it off would have been nice

I'm not sure if JEnnifer told Justin about Brians nightly hospital visits. My guess is, she thought it is Brians business to do so, and we know Brian never would do that so I think Justin never will know (not unless some fanfics become true)

To the second Question you already gave yourself the answer.. I'm sure Hustin knows that, if he would ever ask Brian for help, he will get it within the blink of an eye, but Brian never would force it on him.. but what could happen is, that, if Brian would find out in any way that Justin is struggling, he sure would help him without letting him knw .. maybe buy a painting to a hight price without letting him know or even let some of his clients buy them and promoting Justins work on this way..

Since the painting in Brians loft is so different to Justins other work, I start to doubt it, although it would make me happy but we already know that he bought the drawing of himslef and hid it... so maybe he owns paintings, that Justin knows of and has them hanging in Kinnetik or Britin? which leads to an other question.. if he did keep Britin? I love the thought that he did. He bought it for his prince and he will keep it for hiim to life in when he comes back... or even as an investment he made in behalf of Justin, so that way he made sure Justin has some money when he would need it most when he sells Britin himslef some day if neccessary

I don't think Brian would be activley waiting for Justin, at least I don't think he would make it look like that, but in my head, they never lost touch and tried out a long distance relationship... but he wouldn't make Justin fell caged in and let him go his way on his own.. but we know that Justin too would be unhappy without Brian
Thanks, Daggi. You're making me cry.

I was infuriated when Ben told Michael about Brian's behavior in the hospital. Why is Michael allowed to know and Justin isn't? ITA, though, thinking about your words. Jennifer would probably feel it was Brian's business to tell.

Deborah's been turning me onto enough fanfics now that I'm getting the general consensus that Brian's 'anonymous' help through buying paintings or having clients buy them would royally piss Justin off. I guess I can't blame him. Brian's heart is always in the right place but it's a form of control - and that's what upsets Justin.

Wow - LOVE your thought that he'd hold onto Britin for Justin. See? That's another thing. Wouldn't it have been awesome if Brian said that wonderful gritty, growl, "we do." "I bought it." AND THEN SAID "You own it. It's in your name."

I was thinking he was actively waiting b/c he kept the drawer empty for Justin in 502 waiting for Justin to come back (even though Brian believed he wouldn't come back.)

Brian always pushes Justin out the door to make sure Justin doesn't miss out on any opportunities. He threw him off the cliff to get him to go to Hollywood and then tragically to get him to go to NYC.

It's that contradiction of his character. Brian MUST be in control. Even him throwing Justin off the cliff is Brian controlling the situation. But, once Justin's gone (not with Ethan, of course) but with Hollywood, the 507 break up and NYC - he just gives Justin his distance and let's him do his thing.

AND YET, Justin had all the power. They're so f-----d up. Brian would've done ANYTHING for Justin. Justin just didn't know how to wield that power. Did you see in 401 when Brian wouldn't take Justin's money but yet followed him up the steps of Woody's like a trained pet? Justin actually snapped his fingers. If Justin had worded it correctly - Brian would've acquiesced and taken Justin's money.

And that began very early on. Justin got it right sometimes without even knowing it. Sometimes it was a "please." Sometimes it was a command. But, if he could have figured out the nuances he would have owned Brian more than he already did. But, he didn't learn how to handle Brian. So, Brian was the default alpha and he had all the control.

My heart's still breaking. Gotta say this board is helping and so are the fics. It's astounding that the authors are inside the minds of these two much more accurately than the writers were.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-04-2017 at 10:55 PM
Old 11-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ok so I finally found something that I think is positive about season 5 I think Emmett and Ted are finally in a good place Ted is working for Brian and happy with life again and Emmett has catering and tv and even though it doesn't work out with Drew he always maintains his strength and says I am not changing for you with being out of the closet and then is able to let him go when he needs to Also, finally Debbie and Carl are happy and in a good place as well .

I know we all don't like Brian and Justin's characters in this season as much or the ending or Lindsay and Mel fighting over the baby all the time or moving to Canada so I was trying to find something positive I could say It took me a while oh and Michael and Ben seem mostly happy as well too I guess
Closed Thread   Post New Thread