Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Ok so I finally found something that I think is positive about season 5 I think Emmett and Ted are finally in a good place Ted is working for Brian and happy with life again and Emmett has catering and tv and even though it doesn't work out with Drew he always maintains his strength and says I am not changing for you with being out of the closet and then is able to let him go when he needs to Also, finally Debbie and Carl are happy and in a good place as well .

I know we all don't like Brian and Justin's characters in this season as much or the ending or Lindsay and Mel fighting over the baby all the time or moving to Canada so I was trying to find something positive I could say It took me a while oh and Michael and Ben seem mostly happy as well too I guess
Thanks, Fiona.

Welcome back. BTW I made you a list of times when B/J cuddle and it's on the B/J thread that's now closed. Also, somebody added some pics of B nuzzling J when they're sitting or standing. So, if we count all the times that Brian cuddled Justin when they're not even horizontal then the list is enormous. Thus proving that it was Cowlip's cheap maneuver to move the plot along and evidence shows quite the contrary to what Cowlip wanted us to believe.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks to Plumsuede's BYBR (thanks, Deborah) I'm finally settled into the fact that B/J absolutely needed to be apart for a while. If Brian moved to NYC before Justin established himself independently then he would've resented Brian. Without meaning to Brian would over-shadow Justin.

I had a detailed fantasy about them in NY since August. I just couldn't see it happening b/c of the end of 513. I was in NY so many times but I actually googled maps to make sure I was geographically accurate.

Daggi helped me on the Season 1 thread by telling me she also believes Brian followed Justin to NYC. That was comforting, Daggi. Thank you. And it allowed me to get the fantasy out of my head. I really appreciate that.

The way I see it the geography of what both B and J need for their careers is ideal. It wouldn't just work it would be perfect.

So, I spewed my fantasy out on that thread with a spoiler tag. The writing took over. It wasn't me anymore. The fantasy ended but the writing just kept going. I had no idea WHERE it was going, either. I wrote facts I didn't know I knew and words I didn't know I knew. Justin was already a success when Brian got to NYC because he owned the It's Only Time Gallery. Brian did conquer NYC but I was shocked to find out HOW he conquers it and puts Kinnetic NYC on the map. The entire reference was pulled from my subconscious. I didn't even remember it until I was writing it and THEN there was a back story to this reference that just came out of me.

I also didn't realize (it was like I was channeling something - extremely cool but also really spooky) that in about five or ten years they're going to Italy. Justin always wanted to go to see the masters. So, they're going there to launch Kinnetik ITA and `E Solo Il Momento (It's Only Time) in whichever city Justin picks for them to conquer. In 403 Justin called the office the World Wide Headquarters of Kinnetik, Inc. I guess Brian took that seriously.

Ciao!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-07-2017 at 02:02 AM
Old 11-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Justin had been with Brian since he was 17... 5 years. I hate that they got split up in the end, but Justin had to do what was right for him in order to advance his career. NYC was the perfect opportunity to do so, and Brian was supportive every step of the way, with every decision Justin made. And even though Lindsay was constantly in his ear, I feel he followed his gut instead and did what he truly wanted to.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Justin had been with Brian since he was 17... 5 years. I hate that they got split up in the end, but Justin had to do what was right for him in order to advance his career. NYC was the perfect opportunity to do so, and Brian was supportive every step of the way, with every decision Justin made. And even though Lindsay was constantly in his ear, I feel he followed his gut instead and did what he truly wanted to.
Who, Brian? You're saying Brian did exactly what he wanted to do??

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I was JUST accepting the split. Please don't hurt my heart like that.

I get that Justin was young. But, he was emotionally mature by season 3, I think.

He DID need to go to NYC. My issue USED to be why couldn't they go together? That's the only place Brian's ever talked about going.

I just spilled my fantasy out to try to move on from this. I looked at some maps. The geography of where they each needed to be in NYC worked out ideally. It would've been perfect.

Yes, Brian ALWAYS kicked Justin out of the nest to follow his dreams. I so love Brian for that. BUT, Brian wasn't happy about this nor is it what he wanted to do. He HAD to do it for Justin's sake. It's a great love. Brian sacrificed to give Justin what Justin needed. But, Brian was miserable at the end. Miserable.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've been reading some post 513 fic lately (thanks, Deborah) and I noticed some authors get rid of the manor pronto while others have B/J keeping it.

In my fantasy, B/J are one heart, one soul, a team, and partners for life. They're never leaving each other again. They're connected at the hip.

They have two homes together and they share a building they renovated named (original, eh?) The Taylor-Kinney Building that houses each of their businesses.

But, they're not monogamous and they're not married. Children might be in the back of their minds but they're nowhere close to taking that step - and it's mutual.

They live in NYC, but the manor's their getaway for family holidays, to escape the chaos of New York, and for pool parties/orgies most weekends during the summer.

Sooooooo...where does everybody stand on this? and I guess I'm addressing the people who think B/J eventually come back together.

Do you think they keep the manor or not? If so, how do you see them using it? Part-time or full-time?

While we're on it - what's your fantasy version of where and how B/J wind up?

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-09-2017 at 07:25 AM
Old 11-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
I've been reading some post 513 fic lately (thanks, Deborah) and I noticed some authors get rid of the manor pronto while others have B/J keeping it.

In my fantasy, B/J are one heart, one soul, a team, and partners for life. They're never leaving each other again. They're connected at the hip.

They have two homes together and they share a building they renovated named (original, eh?) The Taylor-Kinney Building that houses each of their businesses.

But, they're not monogamous and they're not married. Children might be in the back of their minds but they're nowhere close to taking that step - and it's mutual.

They live in NYC, but the manor's their getaway for family holidays, to escape the chaos of New York, and for pool parties/orgies most weekends during the summer.

Sooooooo...where does everybody stand on this? and I guess I'm addressing the people who think B/J eventually come back together.

Do you think they keep the manor or not? If so, how do you see them using it? Part-time or full-time?

While we're on it - what's your fantasy version of where and how B/J wind up?
Oh Beth, your version is so so wonderful, Ialmost don't have anything to add to that happy ending

I also read a lot of fics post 513.. it always depends on how the writers find their way.. I don't really like the idea of selling the loft.. for once I feel like the loft is Brian.. I read one that I found the perfect solution for the space problem, that must come someday, because you can't live on such a tiny space with two persons that work, and need space for that.. in that fic Brian bought the flat underneath and built in a staircase to get down..

I'm still not really sure if Britin, or whatever the manor will be called in the future, really is in West Virginia do we have any proof of it? Looking at maps, I'm pretty sure the borders from WV are further away then 30 min drive from Pittsburgh.. although since I haven't been there myself I can'T tell.. wasn'T that just a metaphorical way to tell us that it is far outside the city?

No matter where it is.. I also love the thought that they kept the manor for a getaway and for parties with a spapce for the kids (Gus and JR) and workingspaces for J and B.. and away from all the busy life in the city, but I really think that they kept the loft for staying in twon after partying or working late and probaly have a similar place in NYC

and I'm pretty sure that they both ended up in coming back and forth between Pittsburgh and NYC, with Brian having a company in both places, maybe running the one in NY by himslef and Ted leading the one in Pittsburgh, and Justin being so independed that he can just paint wherever he is at the moment..

icon by Daggi
Old 11-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Oh Beth, your version is so so wonderful, Ialmost don't have anything to add to that happy ending
Thanks. I thought people would get on me about their not being monogamous.

Quote:
I'm still not really sure if Britin, or whatever the manor will be called in the future, really is in West Virginia do we have any proof of it? Looking at maps, I'm pretty sure the borders from WV are further away then 30 min drive from Pittsburgh.. although since I haven't been there myself I can'T tell.. wasn'T that just a metaphorical way to tell us that it is far outside the city?
OK - I'm taking your comments out of order b/c this one really struck me. There are several things I've taken a certain way then I hear the whole fandom's accepted it another way. I ALWAYS THOUGHT JUSTIN WAS BEING A SARCASTIC SNARK WHEN HE SAID THAT. But, then EVERYWHERE I LOOKED AND READ THE MANOR WAS IN WV. So, I thought, OK, I took that totally wrong. Justin was being literal. So you're right!! Who knows??? I'll accept it either way.

Quote:
I also read a lot of fics post 513.. it always depends on how the writers find their way..
My take on whether or not they keep the manor is how the author feels about the proposal. Some think it was lovely, as do I after many, many viewings and gathering evidence that Brian is, indeed, THAT romantic. Others think the proposal was OOC, over the top, disingenuous, and they could never see B/J living in that place all by themselves.

Quote:
I don't really like the idea of selling the loft.. for once I feel like the loft is Brian..
I completely respect you, Daggi, and this is all of us just stating our opinions. I respectfully disagree. Brian's grown up and the loft's his "I believe in f---ng not love f--- pad. B/J developed and grew there but once they reunite post 513 they've got new adventures and new dwellings to make their own.

Quote:
I read one that I found the perfect solution for the space problem, that must come someday, because you can't live on such a tiny space with two persons that work, and need space for that.. in that fic Brian bought the flat underneath and built in a staircase to get down..
Now, that's a really yummy idea. Daggi, I don't know if you know this but YOU truly helped me to get my fantasy out of my head and I feel soooooo much better now. What I realized as I was writing it all that I really have a thing for buildings and how B/J set up their homes and businesses. So, turning the loft into a two floor dwelling...I get tingles. That's really cool.

Quote:
No matter where it is.. I also love the thought that they kept the manor for a getaway and for parties with a spapce for the kids (Gus and JR) and workingspaces for J and B.. and away from all the busy life in the city, but I really think that they kept the loft for staying in twon after partying or working late and probaly have a similar place in NYC
In my fantasy, they live in an early 20th century, fully restored, four floor brownstone in Greenwich Village, NY. It's got a large gay population and it's a great place to live. Their businesses are there, too. It's very close to Justin's artsy neighborhoods (SOHO, Tribecca, etc.) and it's about a mile or two Southwest of Madison Avenue. It's geographically ideal for both of them.

Quote:
and I'm pretty sure that they both ended up in coming back and forth between Pittsburgh and NYC, with Brian having a company in both places, maybe running the one in NY by himslef and Ted leading the one in Pittsburgh, and Justin being so independed that he can just paint wherever he is at the moment..
YES!!! Again, in my fantasy, Ted DOES run Pittsburgh, now referred to as Kinnetik HQ. Brian runs Kinnetik NYC. Brian's trying to allow HQ to be more and more autonomous so he's not really there a lot. I took Plum's lead. It's been 4 years, and Justin's a rock star in the art world. Justin's got no intention of settling back in Pittsburgh. It's NYC now and who knows where after that? But, wherever it is, they'll go together.

Brian's a newbie to the City and has to prove himself. But, through an off-chance slogan he came up with he hit the big time, as well.

They had renovated a building and in it are Kinnetik NYC and Justin's It's Only Time Gallery. (The building also contains a top secret sex getaway that took up half an office floor. But there's no visible entrance and it's completely soundproofed. It just looks like a wall to the employees and they don't know it exists. The only access is via a coded elevator in each of Brian's and Justin's private bathrooms so nobody even knows the elevator exists (the cleaning staff had to sign non-disclosure agreements). B/J meet there whenever they can be it 15 minutes or 3 hours.)

They have no need for the loft. They're at the manor almost every weekend during the summer and they check up on things while they're there. If they stay for an elongated period in Pittsburgh for something they live at the manor and commute in. They still go to the manor when it's not summer, just more infrequently, but Brian's really distancing himself from HQ. He's got plans for at least one or two more offices and each office will have to learn to thrive on its own.

Brian knows Justin always wanted to go to Italy to study the masters so in 5 - 10 years they aim for Italy as their next destination. Brian opens Kinnetik ITA and Justin opens `E Solo Il Momento (It's Only Time in Italian).

THE HAPPY END!!

Smooches, Daggi!! YOU allowed me to do this with one simple sentence that you believe that Brian followed Justin to NYC, too. It just all came spilling out of me after that. THANK YOU.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-09-2017 at 02:33 PM
Old 11-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Thanks. I thought people would get on me about their not being monogamous.
people should be more openminded.. honestly? I don't see them both getting monogamous ..at least not for a while.. I believe that you get to a point in life, where the one you love is enough for you (and that goes for both, gay and hetero people)and for some this point comes earlier, for others it comes later( One of my best friends was the hetero version of Brian Kinney when I met him.. he had so many affairs that I almost lost count, and it took him I would say almost 20 years to calm down.. but now, he is married again since last year and his wife is 22 years younger, he is still looking and commenting on girls, but he lost interest in the hunt ... btw.. I never had anything with him (does that make me his Mikey? ) and that probably is the reason we are still close friends, cause all the others dissapeared) ) so I can't understand why people would get on you because of that.. but maybe I'm just too open minded

I'm still singel, and I'm happy with that, but I started to answer to the question why I don't have a partner, "Why should I start off on the riht foot with all the cute guys because of one single man" it is definitly worth the look I get with that sentence

Quote:
OK - I'm taking your comments out of order b/c this one really struck me. There are several things I've taken a certain way then I hear the whole fandom's accepted it another way. I ALWAYS THOUGHT JUSTIN WAS BEING A SARCASTIC SNARK WHEN HE SAID THAT. But, then EVERYWHERE I LOOKED AND READ THE MANOR WAS IN WV. So, I thought, OK, I took that totally wrong. Justin was being literal. So you're right!! Who knows??? I'll accept it either way.
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that way.. I'm not sure, but don't people look at maps? we'll we sure have to take it like people think in reading fanfics, but I really think it was ment in a sarcastic way...
Quote:

My take on whether or not they keep the manor is how the author feels about the proposal. Some think it was lovely, as do I after many, many viewings and gathering evidence that Brian is, indeed, THAT romantic. Others think the proposal was OOC, over the top, disingenuous, and they could never see B/J living in that place all by themselves.
My guess is, people who think that way are the kind who don'T see Brian grow.. we all know that Brian tends to overdo things, so he might have overdone with all the romance, but it never made it less real

Quote:
I completely respect you, Daggi, and this is all of us just stating our opinions. I respectfully disagree. Brian's grown up and the loft's his "I believe in f---ng not love f--- pad. B/J developed and grew there but once they reunite post 513 they've got new adventures and new dwellings to make their own.
you are right, without changes in the loft it would have stayed his fpad,but that's why I love this idea with the two floors so much and of course more influence of Justin in it.. paintings, furniture and so on.. it shouldn't feel like Justin just being a guest there

Quote:
In my fantasy, they live in an early 20th century, fully restored, four floor brownstone in Greenwich Village, NY. It's got a large gay population and it's a great place to live. Their businesses are there, too. It's very close to Justin's artsy neighborhoods (SOHO, Tribecca, etc.) and it's about a mile or two Southwest of Madison Avenue. It's geographically ideal for both of them.

YES!!! Again, in my fantasy, Ted DOES run Pittsburgh, now referred to as Kinnetik HQ. Brian runs Kinnetik NYC. Brian's trying to allow HQ to be more and more autonomous so he's not really there a lot. I took Plum's lead. It's been 4 years, and Justin's a rock star in the art world. Justin's got no intention of settling back in Pittsburgh. It's NYC now and who knows where after that? But, wherever it is, they'll go together.

Brian's a newbie to the City and has to prove himself. But, through an off-chance slogan he came up with he hit the big time, as well.

They had renovated a building and in it are Kinnetik NYC and Justin's It's Only Time Gallery. (The building also contains a top secret sex getaway that took up half an office floor. But there's no visible entrance and it's completely soundproofed. It just looks like a wall to the employees and they don't know it exists. The only access is via a coded elevator in each of Brian's and Justin's private bathrooms so nobody even knows the elevator exists (the cleaning staff had to sign non-disclosure agreements). B/J meet there whenever they can be it 15 minutes or 3 hours.)

They have no need for the loft. They're at the manor almost every weekend during the summer and they check up on things while they're there. If they stay for an elongated period in Pittsburgh for something they live at the manor and commute in. They still go to the manor when it's not summer, just more infrequently, but Brian's really distancing himself from HQ. He's got plans for at least one or two more offices and each office will have to learn to thrive on its own.

Brian knows Justin always wanted to go to Italy to study the masters so in 5 - 10 years they aim for Italy as their next destination. Brian opens Kinnetik ITA and Justin opens `E Solo Il Momento (It's Only Time in Italian).

THE HAPPY END!!
that sounds really really good.. you should start writing a fic with your ideas and I'm very impressed of your knowledge of the NYC area have you been there already? Or have you just read about it a lot?

Quote:
Smooches, Daggi!! YOU allowed me to do this with one simple sentence that you believe that Brian followed Justin to NYC, too. It just all came spilling out of me after that. THANK YOU.
You're very welcome

Now I just have one question left for you at the moment.. what do you think happened to Brians playground Babylon? did he keep it and made probably a noble and fancy night club out of it? Or did he sell it and let propbably the big concerns win to turn it into a mall?

icon by Daggi
Old 11-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
people should be more openminded.. honestly? I don't see them both getting monogamous ..at least not for a while.. I believe that you get to a point in life, where the one you love is enough for you (and that goes for both, gay and hetero people)and for some this point comes earlier, for others it comes later( One of my best friends was the hetero version of Brian Kinney when I met him.. he had so many affairs that I almost lost count, and it took him I would say almost 20 years to calm down.. but now, he is married again since last year and his wife is 22 years younger, he is still looking and commenting on girls, but he lost interest in the hunt ... btw.. I never had anything with him (does that make me his Mikey? ) and that probably is the reason we are still close friends, cause all the others dissapeared) ) so I can't understand why people would get on you because of that.. but maybe I'm just too open minded
Daggi, not only do I know single men like your friend...I got my idea of the manor's summer marathon pool parties/orgies from real life. I was in a relationship for 11 yrs. Every weekend during the summer we'd go to a couple's house (hetero) who'd been married for 30 + years for 2-day parties. And, man was the husband a horny dog looking to stick it anywhere.

They swung. (My boyfriend and I never partook but we were sure entertained.) The whole neighborhood plus friends who weren't local would come over. It was really a lot of fun - more fun for the participants, probably - but there were naked bodies everywhere. The ones who didn't want to join in still had great food, music and laughter.

BUT, I DON'T WANT B/J LYING OR CHEATING ON EACH OTHER - NO BETRAYAL OR ANGST IN MY POST 513 B/J. IF THEY JUST STAY UNITED AND HAVE SOME SEXY FUN THEN NO FEELINGS ARE HURT.

You may be Mikey - sans whining and being a brat - but YOU'RE the one who's stayed friends with him this whole time. So kudos.

Quote:
I'm still singel, and I'm happy with that, but I started to answer to the question why I don't have a partner, "Why should I start off on the riht foot with all the cute guys because of one single man" it is definitly worth the look I get with that sentence
You've just refused to settle into a conformist lifestyle. LOL - Enjoy the singledom, Daggi!!!

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that way.. I'm not sure, but don't people look at maps? we'll we sure have to take it like people think in reading fanfics, but I really think it was ment in a sarcastic way...
It's SO funny you're saying these things about the maps. LOL I DID look at a map of Pittsburgh and WV. It's over one hundred miles. But, that's when I pulled out my suspension of disbelief, figured that Cowlip DIDN'T use a map and shrugged to myself. In QAF world WV is less than half an hour outside Pittsburgh. IM SO SUGGESTIBLE. The fandom convinced me I'm the one who misunderstood.

Quote:
My guess is, people who think that way are the kind who don'T see Brian grow.. we all know that Brian tends to overdo things, so he might have overdone with all the romance, but it never made it less real
I hate to bring up the Greek Chorus again but it's not totally their faults. If Cowlip are telling the audience time and time again that Brian's NOT romantic the audience paint a picture in their heads of what they're told. Believe me, I was one of them. Then I began to really look and then LIST the romantic ways of Brian Kinney. I FINALLY turned 180 degrees in my opinion of that proposal.

Quote:
you are right, without changes in the loft it would have stayed his fpad,but that's why I love this idea with the two floors so much and of course more influence of Justin in it.. paintings, furniture and so on.. it shouldn't feel like Justin just being a guest there
Yeah - still LOVING the idea of that staircase. I was going to ask you: is that whole building lofts or is the apt they connected to an actual apartment with walls and doors?

Quote:
that sounds really really good.. you should start writing a fic with your ideas
I'm way too verbose. I can't get Brian's voice down. I'm too caught up in details that are essential for my brain but that readers would think are totally boring. I posted my "fantasy" of all of this in the season one thread in the post where we were discussing B following J to NYC. It's under a spoiler tag.

You inspired me so suddenly that I had to get the fantasy out of my head RIGHT THERE AND THEN. I open it up by talking to you and explaining how I used to stay at my Aunt's in the Village, etc.

There are two parts I posted in fanfic thread under spoiler tags. The ending b/c it's an homage to one of my favorite movies Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House and I used it as the WAY that Brian made it to the top of the chain in NYC. Cary Grant is an ad exec on Madison Avenue in NYC. I borrowed the actual account he was working on AND the actual slogan he came up with that led him to LOTS of money.

The other part I posted under a spoiler tag that Justin's being silly because he soooooo loves the kitchen in his brownstone. I also added a BUNCH of pictures to that post to show how Justin decorated the kitchen and the rest of the brownstone.

(I just moved it into one post in the fanfic thread. The post contains the ending to my fantasy, some fun I had with Justin in his brownstone kitchen, and finally, the ENTIRE fantasy that I banged out after you gave me an electric shock that day. Don't feel obligated to read it. I just wanted it to be all in one place so you didn't have to go hunting it down if you were curious.)

Quote:
and I'm very impressed of your knowledge of the NYC area have you been there already? Or have you just read about it a lot?
I grew up 1-1/2 miles from NYC. I lived in New Jersey just at the Hudson River and had to cross the George Washington Bridge to get to Manhattan. My Aunt owned a four floor early 20th century brownstone in Greenwich Village - where I see B/J settling to live and work. I actually gave B/J my aunt's brownstone which was breath-takingly gorgeous and looked like the 1920's. (I don't have an original bone in my body. EVERYTHING I wrote down was from my life references. LOL)

Even though I'd been there many, many times I STILL used maps. I wanted to see how far Greenwich Village is to SOHO, Tribecca, etc, which is Justin's artworld, and how far from Madison Avenue (Brian's advertising Mecca). It's absolutely perfectly geographically ideal for both of them in QAF fantasy geography AND in real life.

Quote:
You're very welcome

Now I just have one question left for you at the moment.. what do you think happened to Brians playground Babylon? did he keep it and made probably a noble and fancy night club out of it? Or did he sell it and let propbably the big concerns win to turn it into a mall?
Brian still owns Babylon. Ted oversees HQ and the club but there's a full-time manager at the club. He kept Babylon the same b/c he doesn't really go there anymore but he knows there's always the new, young generation looking for someplace to go. The VIP room's still there and they charge a premium for people to visit it. They're making money hand over fist. Ted and Brian decided that the manor orgies are great but if Gay Pittsburgh is at weekend orgies in WV then they're NOT at Babylon making Brian richer.

So, B/J went on the prowl for some West Virginia men. Word got around fast and their parties are over-flowing with new, fresh conquests to debauch. When gay WV heard the parties are 2-3 days they didn't mind traveling so they got guys from all over the state. B/J LIKE West Virginia. LOL

If anybody from the Pitts shows up they're not welcome. Brian gives them a couple of "free drinks" coupons and sends them back to Babylon. Brian always thinks of the bottom line.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-10-2017 at 06:11 PM
Old 11-11-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I agree. I've always said there's no one good way to live a life, and people's definitions of normalcy are so varied that we can hardly ever pinpoint what may be a perfect way to live. Unless you're doing harm to someone in some way that is morally repugnant, I do not see why people are so judgemental over other people's lives. And that leads us to Brian, or men (gay or straight) like Brian who actually exists in reality. Some guys may not want to settle down so quickly out of fear they're "missing something" but 7/10, they do eventually settle for perfect one and change to accommodate the needs of that "perfect one". I think this is what happened with Brian and Justin, yeah the love was there but needed time and a little more space to grow apart so that they blossom even more together.

And I think it was either Sia or Fiona ( I forgot) who argued that Cowlip had a special purpose in separating B/J temporarily to make a statement of victory relating to the gay community as a whole. So that's interesting to. There are so many reasons for why Cowlip wrote it the way they did, even if it crushed our little, fragile hearts.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I agree. I've always said there's no one good way to live a life, and people's definitions of normalcy are so varied that we can hardly ever pinpoint what may be a perfect way to live. Unless you're doing harm to someone in some way that is morally repugnant, I do not see why people are so judgemental over other people's lives. And that leads us to Brian, or men (gay or straight) like Brian who actually exists in reality. Some guys may not want to settle down so quickly out of fear they're "missing something" but 7/10, they do eventually settle for perfect one and change to accommodate the needs of that "perfect one". I think this is what happened with Brian and Justin, yeah the love was there but needed time and a little more space to grow apart so that they blossom even more together.

And I think it was either Sia or Fiona ( I forgot) who argued that Cowlip had a special purpose in separating B/J temporarily to make a statement of victory relating to the gay community as a whole. So that's interesting to. There are so many reasons for why Cowlip wrote it the way they did, even if it crushed our little, fragile hearts.
Sorry to bring in kind of bitterness here.. then why the hard fight for equal rights in marriage, if obviously the gay world doesn't want to be pidgenwholed into monogamy or committed relationships at all if they wanted to show us the victory of indipendence with breaking our hearts this way :Shrug:

I'm not sure the community is stnding behind them here.. but that is probably only my opinion...

icon by Daggi
Old 11-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think one of the major divides is that Cowlip were invested in their message and politics as a gay couple for the gay community. The audience were invested in an epic love story and the telling of that story.

Unfortunately for them the audience are still railing against that decision. I've calmed way down but that's only b/c Plumsuede offered a reason for their separation that I was able to accept in her BYBR fic. But, you both know I came on this board absolutely spitting nails.

Oh well. They left a lot of broken hearts in their wake...good ol' Cowlip.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daggi, what do you think happened to Babylon? Did Brian sell it? Did he change it? Is he still using it??

And when the loft was connected to the apartment below via a staircase was that apartment also a loft or was it an actual compartmentalized apt with walls and doors?
Old 11-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

Daggi, what do you think happened to Babylon? Did Brian sell it? Did he change it? Is he still using it??

And when the loft was connected to the apartment below via a staircase was that apartment also a loft or was it an actual compartmentalized apt with walls and doors?
Why should he sell a club that is running good, and we know that he loved this place, so of course he kept it. and since Ted surly was the one who ran all the plannings and finances he sure was able to find a trustworthy ceo for all the events going on.. but what is for sure is that the club got way more noble then it was with The Sap we are talking about Brians playground here and my guess is he still mingled there with Justin from time to time when they where in town and got their thrill out of it.. and spent time in the vip rooms that'S why they kept the loft for crashing there after a partynight

I can't really remember, but I think the flat underneith had walls and doors to close and the upstiars loft mostly stayed the master bedroom and I think working spaces... downstairs where the room for gus and the living room and so on..

icon by Daggi
Old 11-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Why should he sell a club that is running good, and we know that he loved this place, so of course he kept it. and since Ted surly was the one who ran all the plannings and finances he sure was able to find a trustworthy ceo for all the events going on.. but what is for sure is that the club got way more noble then it was with The Sap we are talking about Brians playground here and my guess is he still mingled there with Justin from time to time when they where in town and got their thrill out of it.. and spent time in the vip rooms that'S why they kept the loft for crashing there after a partynight

I can't really remember, but I think the flat underneith had walls and doors to close and the upstiars loft mostly stayed the master bedroom and I think working spaces... downstairs where the room for gus and the living room and so on..
Yes, Brian has impeccable taste. LOL So, the club's definitely less sleazy than when the Sap was managing.

Ah, so the loft was a crash pad after debauchery at Babylon. Cool.

I hope Justin got to decorate the floor they just opened up to connect to the loft because you're right. That place was all Brian.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Do you think the girls stayed in Canada? or did they find a way back and closer to Brian?

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread