Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I know right - it wasn't her place to tell Brian about Justin's magazine article. I could never understand why they wouldn't let him grow up and be the man he wanted to become And how could they leave Brian alone - I thought Ethan would be alone as well but nope everyone was paired off and happy except Brian

It sucks so bad This is where Sia would give us all her information about how she sees it all and why it happened the way it did - miss her
Have you heard from her?
Old 10-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Have you heard from her?
No I was going to ask if you had
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Beth... I''ve heard of St. Elsewhere, but have never watched it. What you're saying about the finale sounds very interesting, and I get your point. Sometimes finales can ruin a show or alter how you once perceived the original vision of the show and its characters.

Quote:
I don’t know how old everybody here is but have you ever heard of/watched a show called St. Elsewhere? I believe the series was on from 1982-1988 and was about a hospital staff in New England.

I never watched it myself but it had one of those series finales that will go down in history. It freaked many, many viewers out for many, many years. The last scene is an autistic child alone rocking back and forth looking into a snow globe. (I’m getting goose bumps just typing this and I never even watched one episode.) I believe the camera was zooming OUT. So, the final scene is the outside of the hospital building, zooming further out to show the street, then out to show the city, then finally out further to show that this is a miniature scene inside a snow globe, then further out to show that there is a rocking child holding the snow globe and staring intently and intensely at this snow globe scene.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 10-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Um, Denise?

I don't know how to delete my entry and I just posted some potential season 5 stuff in Brian and Justin's thread. My entry was organic and I got excited. I even tried to be vague so as to not cause spoilage. But, maybe you can move that bit about the 510 surprise whisper over to here????

Yikes.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Um, Denise?

I don't know how to delete my entry and I just posted some potential season 5 stuff in Brian and Justin's thread. My entry was organic and I got excited. I even tried to be vague so as to not cause spoilage. But, maybe you can move that bit about the 510 surprise whisper over to here????

Yikes.
No, it's fine if you post season 5 things in their thread, because that is a "couple" thread, so as long as it relates to them being a couple, it's okay to post no matter the season. We just do not post when we're in season threads, such as 1 or 2 mentioning moments that happen from 3, 4, and 5.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know right - it wasn't her place to tell Brian about Justin's magazine article. I could never understand why they wouldn't let him grow up and be the man he wanted to become And how could they leave Brian alone - I thought Ethan would be alone as well but nope everyone was paired off and happy except Brian

It sucks so bad This is where Sia would give us all her information about how she sees it all and why it happened the way it did - miss her
And, Denise, even if everybody left this man he could choose his own path. Justin called Kinnetik the Worldwide headquarters. Brian's always wanted to go to NYC. Madison Ave and the Villages/Tribecca/Soho are really NOT that far apart.

Orrrr...let's say he wants to move closer to Gus b/c for some unearthly reason he's not pursuing a relationship with Justin. He'd be free to do that.

But, nope. Cowlip through Mikey makes sure we understand that BK is simply NOT allowed to grow/change/move on. He is literally ordered up on that podium to dance until he dies alone. Further confirmed by Cowlip's explanation of Babylon actually being re-opened several months in the future by owner Brian Kinney. WHICH BTW WAS SO POORLY PORTRAYED IN THE FINALE THAT IT ACTUALLY TOOK THE PRODUCERS TO EXPLAIN THAT LITTLE DIDDY WELL AFTER THE SHOW WAS OFF THE AIR. WHY DID THEY COME FORWARD? BECAUSE THEY WERE MOBBED AND I MEAN MOBBED BY ANGRY, ANGRY FANS. The fans not only felt cheated but they couldn't understand the dialogue, the setting, the message. Nothing. It was CRAP.

And, Fmaldy - ya know, I don't even truly have a problem with Lyndsay showing Brian the article. It's the one-two punch Lyndsay landed. And she's just written this way, BTW. This is Cowlip's vengeance. She's already gotten the wedding announcement and she's in Justin's little studio convincing him to go to NYC. AFTER she knows Justin's decision to stay in the Pitts THEN, she shows Brian the article JUUUUUUUUUUST to make sure Brian pushes Justin out of that nest or as we QAFers like to call it: throw him over the cliff.
Finally, as the knock out punch Melanie delivers her little Getrude Stein speech. Mel's motivation is different. Lyndsay's in love with Brian and doesn't want Justin to have him. Melanie just can't stand Brian and doesn't want Brian to be happy.
Do you see my poor, sweet, devastated Brian's face when Melanie slam dunks the Justin's making a huge sacrifice to be with you message?

OMG. Cowlip are truly vile. Vile to their many loyal fans. And vile to this character they created. Unspeakable.

I moved this myself from a game thread. It was one of my earlier posts this morning and I didn't realize how majorly spoilerish it is:

Counting the Brian Kinney romantic moments...
Hiya!

Here’s a game if anyone would like to play!! Can we name all of the romantic gestures/words/looks Brian has given Justin since ep 101 leading up to the infamously OOC proposal in 511?

OK. Most of us say that Cowlip wrote Brian completely OOC with the country manor purchase and the proposal. I felt that way for many years. But, maybe I was wrong…Just to be clear I never wanted B/J to be conventional. So, I never wanted marriage for them. But, I did want them together. Part of my continual angst is that Brian is constantly romantic but as per usual never gets a lick of credit for it. So, perhaps it’s not so OOC for Brian after all????

Has Brian actually gone rogue?? Has Cowlip actually ended canon as we know it and put Pod!Brian in front of that fire place? Or has this mushy, mushy, mushy center been trying to come out for a long time????

I actually think now that Brian had been building this up over the seasons and finally his mushiness just exploded.

Some have suggested Randy and Gale couldn’t get through the proposal scene without laughing. I “propose” it was Justin and Brian nervously giggling b/c neither B nor J ever thought they’d be in this situation.

Of course, B also had so very much to lose. So, yeah, he was smirking/giggling from nerves. He was also smirking/giggling at the prospect of Justin saying yes. (Do you remember when they kissed and Brian's eyes stayed closed for a good long moment? He couldn't believe he actually got Justin to accept. Brian now had Justin in his life forever and Brian now had the freedom to behave like a lovesick little boy if he so chose and no longer had to deny or cover up his feelings for his Sunshine.)

And, let’s remember Brian had been stone cold rejected by Justin the first time around. In Justin’s apt Brian leveled a proposal that was more or less in the style we’ve come to expect from Brian. That didn’t work. So, it was only after that that Brian had to offer a sweeping, grand gesture that we now consider OOC. If he didn't pull out all the stops Justin was out of his life for good.

Brian had more on the line than even getting Brown Athletics. So, he went with what he knows. What’s B’s business? Advertising. One of his strengths? The pitch. Brian did his research, brought the necessary ammunition to “regain” this precious account and began his pitch standing in front of that fireplace.

I also see the amazingly talented Gale suddenly show a very young, almost innocent expression on the face that was definitely looking worn and aged during season 5 as he fought for those last embers of Peter Pan before they finally burned out. Gale restored youth to Brian’s face due to unabashed love. (Then, Brian actually becomes bashful DUE to his unabashed love. He's suddenly shy in his bold and open love for Justin. This scene is incredible if we could just appreciate it for what it is and not mock it because this is such a new and different Brian than we have ever experienced in five whole years.)

When Brian says he’s taking a chance on love he looks like he’s 9 years old. They actually cut to him smirking, biting his lip, and looking down. That’s not Gale laughing through the scene. That’s Gale portraying Brian as BASHFUL. COY. NERVOUS. SHY. It’s acting on a level I can’t even conceive. This is the Brian that in 101 answers Justin that everybody’s scared their first time (and he looks absolutely jaded and haunted) but I don’t remember anymore. Brian’s love for Justin in this 511 moment has miraculously erased the haunting skepticism and it actually re-booted Brian.

I actually began my list at 122. I’m going to back to pick my interpretation of Brian-romance beginning at 101. I stopped at 206 b/c I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. But, there are sooooo many examples.

Hope you all would like to play!! Looking forward to it!!

122 – Brian calls their prom moment ridiculously romantic. And the dance WAS indeed just as was their kiss.
201 – 203 – Brian taking in Justin, triggering trauma to recover memories (which is polar opposite of ANYTHING Brian wants to do [his mantra: Don’t think about it. Just forget it.] therefore it’s romantic ), making sweet, gentle love to Justin, heart-wrenchingly wearing that blood-stained scarf around his neck since the night of the bashing, following Justin like a puppy into Bellweather’s book signing.
204 – Hey, Stud. You wanna dance? I promise you won’t forget this one.
205 – Brian buys electronic crayola box for Justin. (I always think romance is doing something thoughtful and considerate for somebody. That computer was incredibly romantic.)
206 – Acts like newlywed at Deb's dinner table. Professes Justin-love to Debbie. Allows Justin to set rules and he follows them to the letter.

Just discovered some trivia that belongs in here, I guess. Just figured this out two seconds ago and imdb confirmed it.

Again, if you know this just ignore me.

So, in 204 Pride, Ted is Troy's pity *******. He's called Aunt Pity ******* apparently for the next three years. Ted, of course, gets his revenge in season 5.

But, here's my discovery. At the parade when Ted's telling Brian about Troy Brian says, "I know Troy."

So, I was just watching 103 and Brian's in the steam room with Mikey squawking at him to go to the Bris. Brian's got his back to Mikey and he's facing...Troy.

Later, Brian's in the locker room and Troy slips his name/number into Brian's pocket and tells Brian to give him a call.

Brian didn't answer with stock, "yeah. Sure."

Instead he said, "Sure...Buddy."

And, poor, poor Emmett at that Bris, huh?

[QUOTE=Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I think writers wanted to leave Brian "alone" in the end intentionnally. Justin and Gus leaving according to me symbolize that by 513 Brian learnt to love, learnt to be both good partner and good father and he loved them both so much that he was able to let them go, knowing it will cause him pain. Its demontration how much Brian grew up, its highest form of love, selfless love, letting Justin and Gus go while being attached to them most than he ever was before. And it was full circle, writers made everything in 513 full circle. Both Justin and Gus came to Brians life on same day in first episode, this day transformed him forever "and thats when it happened", and both left the same day in the last episode. But most importantly Brian is alone only physically, emotionally he is more connected and alive than ever because for first time he is opened fully to love, to his feelings, embraces them. Before his heart was closed, under control - he was refusing any sort of deep emotional attachement and there is nothing more isolating in this world than empty or closed heart, feeling unloved and not loving. He managed to live sucessfully but was surviving rather than fully living, was in state of limbo. So although he is now physically alone, his heart is full, overflowing with love and it will keep him going. And I believe he is even more happy than in first episode because he is fullfilled. Yes his heart is bleeding and he is in pain but thats part of love and he needed to embrace this phase in his journey of self-discovery also. He did not lose neither Justin nor Gus, their love endures no matter what, time does not matter and distance does not matter and as we all know they will see each other again.[/QUOTE]

Hi, Sia,

We haven't been introduced. I've read some of your insightful interpretations. Thank you for another take on this. I'm sorry I can't buy it and that's with all due respect.

Yes. Everything, indeed, did come full circle. But, here's the reality: Brian is now doomed by Mikey/Cowlip and the rest of his loved ones to behave the same way he did in 101. And, yes. I totally agree, Sia. His heart's now full.

But to what avail? Justin's gone. Gus is gone. Lyndsay's gone. Cowlip have assured us that though he reopened Babylon (still boggles my mind that he did that) he doesn't any longer frequent there. They said that his one last dance up on that podium was because Mikey forced him to go out.

So, he still has Mikey. Firstly, that's an un-healthy relationship. Secondly, they don't have a lick in common except their past. Thirdly, ANY time that Brian's not been with Justin it's been a real burden for Mikey to find the time and freedom to hang with Brian. So, physically, what? They'll see each other once every couple of weeks?

Brian's been stripped of everybody and everything. There's nothing to replace any of it with except for his now full heart?????? I'd be less worried about Ted or Emmett b/c they really have a lot of hobbies/interests.

We've seen Brian - who's brilliant - read a couple of books but mostly magazines, listen to some jazz, work out. We know he can play guitar, racquetball, ride his bike. But, he's no longer going to Babylon, and his loved ones are gone.

Oh - this bit about not being up on the podium with a trick. Well, OK. So, though it may warm the cockles of my heart that Brian's waiting for Justin alone without any tricks - the man now also won't have any casual companionship, either??? So, now he's absolutely alone so now all of the tricking is gone, too????

What in the you know what is the man supposed to do the rest of his life?????

Cowlip sooooo destroyed the timeline in 513 we can't be sure. First Mikey walks into the loft and it appears as though it's the next evening after Justin left - see the light in the window change over twice, I believe.

Well, Brian looks destroyed. Sad. Hunched over. Silent.

Mikey forces Brian to visit the bombed out Babylon. Suddenly it's glamorous again and Cowlip inform us that it's a flash forward several months later. Cowlip also say that Mikey then actually came to visit Brian for that one last dance at Babylon NOT a day later but actually, SEVERAL MONTHS LATER. (I still cannot figure out then, what/where/when on earth was the visit to Babylon when it was an empty shell. Cowlip want us to think that Mikey paid Brian that visit once and only once.) OK - so since 513 seems to be a twisted space time continuum, time-travel sci-fi homage then let's say that Mikey, in fact, visited Brian in the loft to drag him to Babylon several months later after the renovations were complete.

WELL - IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN THEY'RE ACTUALLY SHOWING US IN CANON HOW DESTROYED AND DISTRAUGHT BRIAN HAS BECOME!!! If Brian Kinney looked so hunched over, sad, melancholy, tragic and it's been several months????!!!! then, the man's life has truly, truly been gutted along with his heart.

UGH. I'm going to go cry some more.

Man, Cowlip. You leveled some unspeakable cruelty on your fans and that amazing character Brian Kinney. Shame on you.

Last edited by Giotto; 10-06-2017 at 10:02 PM
Old 10-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

First of all, I wanted to say welcome to our board again to you Beth I already did that in the OT thread, where we share everything not QaF related chitchat

Then I just wanted to inform you, that I merged your three posts, which means they are still there, bit collected as one . It is one of the rules of that we should edit our last posts instead to post in three single posts with noone in between. We all made the same mistakes when we started posting here, so don't worry you sure will know all

Sadly, Sia is not here at the moment, caus she is not feeling well. I hope she will be back soon to join us, cause she really brings a lot of passion here

I still try to catch up on your posts, and I can see that you still haven't digested that, lets say, not very fanfriendly ending after such a long time I'm too a very late bloomer according watching QaF I heard of the show when it aired, but never managed to watch til a few years ago, but we all seem to sit in the same boat with our addiction

Timelines in QaF always where kind of hard to see in that show. We do not know how much time went on between Justins leaving and Michaels checking out on Brian. I'm not sure if it really was the next day, or if Brian just wasn't reappeari g afterwards and Michael checked out on him after a few days. .. fact is, he dragged Brian to the empty Babylon.. I don't think he wanted to push Brian back to his former clubboy image with making him reopen it again, he probably wanted to give him back some sense to live.. ok , that speach about being young and beautiful.. in my eyes they wanted to pick it up because it should refleckt the same speach in season 1..

I also can't believe, that Brian dancing in the rebuild Babylon would be the last appearance there, no matter what cowlip may have said .. i'm sometimes not sure they really knew what they said, and just wanted to easy up the caused pain over their messed up ending and they didn't do a good job with that either...

I'm not sure, but I thouht they had originally planned a 6th season? So probably the whole storyarch of rebuilding Babylon etc was ment to be there, and we would have gotten some other explanations too, but fact is too, that they made a flash forward to the reopening and made one single huge mistake, with not showing Justin there... No matter what, he would have come to such an event if in any way possible... so that caused the whole trouble...

Back to brian not going there anymore.. the reason I can't believe that is, Brian owned Babylon. It simply isn't possible to run a business without going there from time to time.. he probably may grow out of all the backroom or danceflor action, but he sure was there on a regular basis... why shouldn't he.. and I don't think he gave up on tricking , just because he didn't have one with him on that platform... it would have felt very wrong if there wouldn't have been one there, but Justin was missing.. noo that moment would have belonged to those two, but since J was not there Brian alone was ok for me...

I made my peace with the ending, cause I drowned my pain and frustration into my own little happy world in my brain and the tons of really good fanfics but that doesn't mean I'm happy with this ending as it is.. in fact season 5 I think is the season I didn't watch as often as the others.. and it always makes my heart heavy...

icon by Daggi
Old 10-07-2017, 02:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, Giotta,

So, I'm cutting and pasting the post I made to you in the B/J thread. I understand the rule but if specific threads are not permitted and we have to post several themes in one thread then those posts should not have to be merged merely b/c nobody responded to them in btwn the thoughts.

Hi, Giotto,

Nice to meet you.

Um.

The only thing is I was posting separately for a reason.

I was discussing the nuance Gale brings as Brian.

But, also I was playing a game that I wondered if anybody wanted to join me in which was to find and describe all of the scenes where Brian is following Justin.

Nobody seemed interested so I thought would post them as they came to me.

Now that the posts are merged it's extremely long, convoluted and covering many themes.

I had originally wanted a separate thread for the game but I understood too many threads are really confusing.

But, am I doing something wrong by too many posts in a thread?

Please don't take this as me having an attitude. I'm genuinely confused and hope I'm not offending people here. But, at the same time I feel like my thoughts are being clumped together and the point of my posts are being changed for me.

Please let me know.

Have a nice day,
Beth
Old 10-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Beth We cannot double or triple post in fanforum, so to alleviate the problem, I've compiled all of your posts into one. They're still there for all to see, so don't worry.

Quote:
Oh, and yes. I met Gale back in the day at a gathering in Chelsea. He was everything you imagine he would have been.

I entered a raffle to see Randy in Wicked on Broadway. I didn't win but I still saw that man walking towards me and into the theater.

I figured you'd ask after I told you I met and had quite the discussion with Cowlip during the session. I then spoke to them both alone for a bit afterwards.

Peace!!
Quote:
Forgive my memory because it ain't what it used to be. But at some point btwn the years 2001-2004 a bunch of local fans and I met in NYC and attended a question/answer session with Cowlip.

They were awful to us and we hadn't chronologically reached the point of a smidgeon of gossip about season 5 yet.

Cowlip wanted to reach a certain demographic. It did not work. They were baffled. They took it personally. There are still interviews out there that document their taking this personally. If you don't believe that then please believe my and my co-fans' personal first-hand experience. Turns out their largest group of fans were and are straight women. The why isn't important though I'm now convinced it's b/c they cast an unbelievably beautiful man to play the irresistible archetype of Jane Austen's Mr. Darcy.

While I was there I couldn't believe the hostility they had towards us, our questions, and mostly their own ingenious and other worldly pairing of Brian and Justin.

They hated the B/J shiippers most followed by the Brian fans who would have been happy if he hooked up with a dining room table as long as it made him happy. (Most of us, of course, drew the line at B pairing with Michael.)

Over the course of the years we found out that, indeed, Cowlip were B/M shippers. Mostly because they were staying more true to the original UK story line.

The US version took on a life of its own because they increased the Justin's character's age from 15 to 17. They did this so as to make the hook up more palatable to the puritan-based American audience. The unintended fallout is that, though unlikely and still slightly scandalous, this couple actually growing and developing into something strong and true became a much, much more realistic possibility than the UK version of B/J.

That is compounded by...ya know...Gale and Randy. They lit up the screen with their chemistry in a way NOBODY expected including Cowlip.

So, the two Dr. Frankensteins despised their own creation though they didn't have the gutts to simply destroy it.

Instead they "suffered" through keeping B/J alive b/c they still needed their fan base to stay on the air. What did they do instead? Started to rot it from the inside.

The B/J scenes were noticeably shorter and fewer and further in btwn. Though the B/J love seemed to grow there was more ambiguous dialogue giving the B/M shippers hope.

The 513 episode is a debacle and it needn't have been that way with perhaps one added or even different line of dialogue btwn B/J. Oh, and how difficult would it have been to put a tagline on that said SEVERAL MONTHS LATER...though I didn't watch the finale at the time (I jumped ship b/c I couldn't handle the pain) I was still in the fandom and I cannot express to you the level of misery, confusion, and angst was occurring b/c NOBODY could figure out whether Babylon's return from the ashes was fantasy or not. NOBODY, and these were extremely bright, insightful people, could figure out what the cryptic dialogue was btwn B/J. NOBODY could figure out why Mikey would pull a 180 degree turn on his convictions from 501. It. Was. Shattering.

Cowlip actually had to explain post 513 b/c they were getting mobbed. When have you ever seen in history where a producer/creator had to offer an explanation post filming? There are interviews granted all the time and these creators will interpret what their vision/intention had been. However, that's just so we can get a glimpse into these artists' minds. WHAT HAPPENED HERE IS THAT THEIR FINALE WAS SO AMBIGUOUS, SO NON-SENSICAL, SO LAZILY DONE that they had to actually offer an explanation extending canon past the filming b/c NOBODY could understand what in the blazes it meant.

Ya know - I'm happy for you all that you bought your DVD's and music and whatnot. But, just so you're all aware the OG fans boycotted everything and anything that would bring money to Cowlip's pockets. Their political msgs on the show were to quote Justin "crude and heavy-handed," they committed many stereotypical prejudices themselves through their characters, they took beautiful characters and reduced them to plot devices simply to get their msgs across. They insisted on preaching to the choir rather than offering quality story telling. They took revenge on their own fanbase AND their own star creation Brian Kinney.

(In writing this I really, truly feel the weight and regret of returning. Like I had explained I bailed during the original airing so this is, indeed, the penance I deserve. But, I do curse my memory or lack thereof when I saw QAF on Netflix, instantly remembered my Brian love, forgot EVERYTHING else, and tuned in this past August. If I could do it again I'd find a good movie, instead. I likened this experience to St. Elsewhere b/c in the end none of the five seasons of pain/joy/growth of Brian Kinney meant anything. It's a waste of time. Cowlip don't view Brian Kinney as a human. He's a doll. An image. An icon. That's what they condemned him to. UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.)

I've been searching in vain for the final blow but I cannot find it. It's actually in the live journal 510 Commentary - Escape from reality
but maddeningly the author layered it so the spoiler virgins would be protected. I cannot access the Cowlip interview that crushed the B/J shipper AND the Brianite fans.

I vaguely remember it and also I WAS able to access the comments on the live journal in reaction to the post 513 Cowlip interview.

Essentially what they said was they had to hold true to their vision. Their vision had been a B/M pairing and though they couldn't deliver that during the show b/c of the back-lash they decided to leave it open-ended however pointed in the direction of a possible future with those two.

I was around during the days of Cowlip vengeance. It wasn't pretty. I do not give Cowlip the benefit of the doubt about any of this.

Giotto, I never said that Mikey convinced Brian to reopen Babylon. What I mean, essentially, is in 501 Mikey makes a point of saying this can't go on forever people have to grow and change and move on with their lives. In 513 he horribly forces Brian into a corner. He says I was wrong. Some things are NEVER meant to change. Meaning - you'll always be young and you'll always be beautiful. All of your loved ones have left. The writers have all but overtly stated that you're not going to follow Justin - AND I did actually read myself a few wks ago where Cowlip confirmed that. But, Brian, you get up on that podium and you just continue dancing for the rest of your life while down here around you WE all have our loved ones.

Yes - an owner of a biz has to show up from time to time. Again, Cowlip stated and I read with my own eyes - that Mikey had dragged out Brian for one last dance at the REOPENED club. Brian no longer frequented there. Apparently, ALL of the couples got together that evening to celebrate the one last gathering they were to all have at Babylon.

So, everybody can opine. I certainly am. But, I was also there to witness the bile and resentment first-hand. They could have ended B/J but promised a loving future for Brian. They didn't do that b/c they didn't want to. They essentially destroyed him and took everything from him except for the one horribly dysfunctional relationship he had - and of course, Cowlip had to make sure that we understood that B/M might just certainly be a future pairing down the road. According to Cowlip they painted it so that that was probably Brian's ONLY possibility of future pairing.
Quote:
Hi, Giotta,

So, I'm cutting and pasting the post I made to you in the B/J thread. I understand the rule but if specific threads are not permitted and we have to post several themes in one thread then those posts should not have to be merged merely b/c nobody responded to them in btwn the thoughts.

Hi, Giotto,

Nice to meet you.

Um.

The only thing is I was posting separately for a reason.

I was discussing the nuance Gale brings as Brian.

But, also I was playing a game that I wondered if anybody wanted to join me in which was to find and describe all of the scenes where Brian is following Justin.

Nobody seemed interested so I thought would post them as they came to me.

Now that the posts are merged it's extremely long, convoluted and covering many themes.

I had originally wanted a separate thread for the game but I understood too many threads are really confusing.

But, am I doing something wrong by too many posts in a thread?

Please don't take this as me having an attitude. I'm genuinely confused and hope I'm not offending people here. But, at the same time I feel like my thoughts are being clumped together and the point of my posts are being changed for me.

Please let me know.

Have a nice day,
Beth

Old 10-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thank you Denise :hug#

you found a much better way then me to merge the posts and not to make it difficult to read and reply

Beth, you mentioned some games you wanted to play... and I saw some collections of things you wanted to make. can you direct us back there?

icon by Daggi

Last edited by Giotto; 10-07-2017 at 01:53 PM
Old 10-08-2017, 03:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

I wish season 5 was so different and I wish it didn't cause so much grief for everyone - I don't know really what Cowlip wanted from it but it certainly has upset the fans and it all boils down to the last episode and the ending - maybe we could've forgiven some of the other stuff that happened in the season if they just gave us a better ending - 5 more seconds of Justin at Babylon for the re-opening and all this could've been alleviated maybe.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I wish season 5 was so different and I wish it didn't cause so much grief for everyone - I don't know really what Cowlip wanted from it but it certainly has upset the fans and it all boils down to the last episode and the ending - maybe we could've forgiven some of the other stuff that happened in the season if they just gave us a better ending - 5 more seconds of Justin at Babylon for the re-opening and all this could've been alleviated maybe.
It would have been all that was needed

icon by Daggi
Old 10-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
It would have been all that was needed
Just that and it would have been done and it a good way People would've been happy
Old 10-11-2017, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I guess they know they made a mistake with it by now

icon by Daggi
Old 10-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Maybe they could go back and add in a piece - they do that to shows and movies all the time - just add extra bits in later and then re-release them
Closed Thread   Post New Thread