Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
If that punch wasn't a testament to that then I don't know what else is.
I loved it and it was really biggest testament possible. Brian was never violent person and even more never hit his best friend, and all this because of Justin, so yes, it showed how much he loved him
Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Very cool Daggi and such an interesting song - you matched the song and the video so well
Thank you it is an old song from Grace Jones

icon by Daggi
Old 09-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Excellent song choice

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-04-2017, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

So new question Do you think Brian was right in working for Chief Stockwell to help him get elected for mayor? I know he always says it's just business and he wanted the contacts but should he have done it or said nope I'm not doing this? Thoughts/opinions?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So new question Do you think Brian was right in working for Chief Stockwell to help him get elected for mayor? I know he always says it's just business and he wanted the contacts but should he have done it or said nope I'm not doing this? Thoughts/opinions?
Its hard to say what Brian should have done or not, because to judge someone in competely different situation is quiet complicated. But I have to say I was not surprised Brian was able to do it, to work for Stockwell, although many people would probably go crazy, because it had to influence somehow their inner integrity. But Brian seemed to be quiet ok with it. The thing is money, career was important for him and he had such low selfesteem that he had to go to extremes sometimes in his professional life to prove himself he is worthy.
Also Brian was always saying you have to make difference between personal stuff and business. But often, if you believe in something, you cant behave completely differently in personal nad professional life. Of course some compromises are sometimes necessary but not such huge ones. But Brian did not mind which again shows he used his professional life to compensate for something he was missing somewhere else.
Brian did not have problem with Stockwell, till he discovered that Stockwell campaign is limiting in many practical ways his personal life.Yeah, thats probably the reason why he supported him from beginning, that he did not realise that he would carry out all his promises about closing Liberty Avenue etc. And how it would effect him personally.
Actually I think if Brian would refuse to work with Stockweel from complete beginning it would have been quiet ooc for his character.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Thank you it is an old song from Grace Jones
That's a sexy sexy song.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Did he have a chance to say no at all? He still was an employee wasn't he?

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Did he have a chance to say no at all? He still was an employee wasn't he?
Yeah, but it was Brian who lurked Stockwell into their advertising agency, otherwise Stockwell would never even thought of this idea.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Brian was a partner at that point and his reasoning for taking on Stockwell was that he'd be able to acquire other accounts through Stockwell's contacts.

https://youtu.be/qzrqoC6OEGw
Old 09-04-2017, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

and he knew the more accounts he lures into the business, the more money he would make and the more valuable he is for the company.. and business always came first for him..

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
and he knew the more accounts he lures into the business, the more money he would make and the more valuable he is for the company.. and business always came first for him..
Yeah but in the end he realised being able to express himself freely as gay was more important for him. So there were limits how far he could go. And of course courage of Justin also motivated him. Although he then said that he finally fought against Stockwell just because he closed the backrooms and that he is not Eleanor Roosevelt, I believe he partially also wanted to help whole gay community and really do greater good. But of course he would never admit it, he hated being praised for something.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Yeah but in the end he realised being able to express himself freely as gay was more important for him. So there were limits how far he could go. And of course courage of Justin also motivated him. Although he then said that he finally fought against Stockwell just because he closed the backrooms and that he is not Eleanor Roosevelt, I believe he partially also wanted to help whole gay community and really do greater good. But of course he would never admit it, he hated being praised for something.
This is true. As always, Brian was playing up his IDGAF bravado to highest of heights, but the truth is he did care because he knew how this would impact everyone in his community, including himself.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
This is true. As always, Brian was playing up his IDGAF bravado to highest of heights, but the truth is he did care because he knew how this would impact everyone in his community, including himself.
Oh my what would other people think about him if he started to admit helping

I guess he saw that the whole communita was in danger, but also realised that actions like reopening the backroom just were not enough. that way he only fought against windmills. and he was right, others also could pick up a sledge hammer to do so..

icon by Daggi
Old 09-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Oh my what would other people think about him if he started to admit helping

I guess he saw that the whole communita was in danger, but also realised that actions like reopening the backroom just were not enough. that way he only fought against windmills. and he was right, others also could pick up a sledge hammer to do so..
Yep, but then the door would only be locked again. So that certainly wasn't doing much, just temporary victory. He had to attack from the source.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That's why he didn't do it a second time and he found a good way too do so in supporting Justin

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread