Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem is that he could be either a closet case or simply a homophobic a$$hole. It's hard to tell, because his behavior doesn't really tell us much - and we haven't seen him as much so that we can actually think more about it. We have only seen glimpses of what he is like and what he is doing and therefore it's difficult to say this. *thinks*
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's too bad they didn't explore his character more.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

I say we had enough of him as it is. He wasn't any main character nor he didn't need that much of an exploration to serve the purpose in the end of S1.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just saying to get a glimpse of what was going on in his head but yeah I think he is hated by every fan and with due cause
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think we should have seen more of Chris as well. But I'm still wondering what made him go nuts like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
Seriously I'm really not sure about Chris. Not because the hj scene being the reasoning to the "he's a closet case" argument but because of what follows, his later reactions. Such strong hatred could have been just a reoriented anger and hate he had towards himself, for what he discovered about himself and what he wasn't able to accept thus directed onto someone else who represented it. It's not that unusual of a reaction.
I absolutely agree with that, Do I don't think that the hj was an indicator for an opressed homosexuality on Chris' part. I think it's not unusual that boys have some same sex experiences like that, but the fact that Justin came out and was openly gay gave a different meaning to this little incident. Maybe it stirred up something buried deep inside. Something Chris couldn't deal with, so he took it out on Justin.

BTW how was your reaction when you saw the bashing scene for the first time? I can't exactly remember mine. I was spoilered and I think, I vaguely knew what was going to happen. But my sister's reaction was intense. She winced and held her breath, totally shocked. Like she was beaten as well.

Icon by Carmen
Who says love is an easy ride - General Motors?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't spoiled at all so I was so shocked to see it.
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but yeah I think he is hated by every fan and with due cause
Erm no *points to the Justin/Chris shippers*

My very first reaction was pretty intense. I'm a very easy public when it comes to highly emotional scenes on TV or in the movies. I still get teary eyed when I watch this scene, starting with Brian's no-no-nos. And I remember when I made my cousin watch it and she was holding her breath all through that scene.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh yeah

his no-no-nos are heartbreaking
Icon by Zonikita
Old 03-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

To be honest Chris seemed pretty harmless, especially in the beginning of S1 he was giving just a simple "dumb jock" vibe. It pretty much went crescendo after the locker room incident but still except for more or less open hostility I don't think he seemed like capable of doing what happened.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think what he did in 1x22 was more like a very sudden decision. As if he just snapped and thought that he had to do something. It wasn't planned or anything and I'm sure he would have never even thought about doing this, if it weren't for that famous dance. But I still don't think that Brian should blame himself for it, since no one could have known what someone like Chris would do. Erm, I'm drifting away the original topic, eh?!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Extreme Fan

I also think that it was a sudden decision, Kate. But Chris obviously didn't realize what he did afterwards. He nearly killed Justin and didn't seem to regret his actions at all. I didn't approve of Justin's way to deal with his oppressed feelings of the bashing in S4, but I really liked to see Chris like that.

Back to S1. Of course Brian shouldn't blame himself, because nobody could have known this was going to happen. But I perfectly understand he felt that way. There was nothing he could do, but he knew what was going to happen the moment Chris went after Justin with the bat. And he couldn't prevent it from happening. This feeling must be horrible. I guess, if you experience something like that, you would feel responsible even if it's obviously not your fault.

Icon by Carmen
Old 03-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

If this was a sudden decision then why did he have a baseball bat at his prom?

See this is what confuses me. From his reaction at B/J dance one could easily assume that this wasn't planned. Especially since we had this little shot of him making out with his date while Justin was dancing with Daphne so it wasn't like he was evily staring and planning when to kill Justin. But then again who the hell brings a baseball bat to the prom?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Good point, Do. Where was the prom actually taking place? At the school? Do they have an underground parking lot? That's a bit confusing.

If they were somewhere near the school, he could have gotten the bat out of the equipment room, but on the other hand wouldn't he need a key to get in?
Or maybe one of his pals had the bat in his car, because he left it in there after baseball practise. But how would Chris explain what he need it for?

Oh, I've got it. The captain of the baseball team was photographed with the bat and left it leaning against the wall, so Chris could just take it to go after Justin.
You think it's unlikely and you're probably right. But hey, I was very creative, wasn't I?

Icon by Carmen
Old 03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

From the huge amount of teen American movies I've seen I assume he didn't have his car but probably a limo. Why would he have a basaball bat in a limo? Also he was a football player not baseball so there's no "he had it left from baseball practice". I think CowLip didn't think of such details and we can pretty much accept your version about the captain being photographed with the bat
Old 03-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was planned, why else bring a bat to your prom?
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread