Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 04:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I don't know if growing up has so much to do with your first sexual experience.. sure it is harder for them, but how many girls or boys don't dare to aks the other gender because they don't feel like being pretty enough or good enough for doing the first step.. it is a different age for all, and some of them are lucky.. one way or the other.. but they still grow up eventuelly.. or they have to.. sadly
So the issue documented in the gay community is that many gay men delay their first sexual experience, and can get "stuck" in promiscuity as a result, when they are well into their 30s or 40s.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

I always appreciated how this show made safe sex such an important point. Even with Brian, the "biggest ***** in Pittsburgh"

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-18-2018, 04:05 PM
New Fan

It's so interesting to see how gay and straight people see things differently! But the writers I think were wise to make the story lines appeal to all people.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Never got why Ted said Brian was making Michael regress permanently to the age of 12...considering they were 14 when they met.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyavelife (View Post)
Yes, we all need to grow up eventually. But studies show that more gay than straight men are late in their sexual development.

I see it even today, unfortunately.
Oh those studies... I'm not a fan of them .. when I look at the kids between 15 and 17 in 10th grade when they come to danceclasses.. they are all so differently developed.. you can have a guy with 17 in front of you.. not tall.. a bit nerdy and still a kid, and then you have a man with 15 years standing in front of you where you say.. wow is he hot.. but he is just 15!! same with the girls.. and what really is impressive is the fact that differnt types of schools play into the development too.. so we see pupils who are finished with school being far more developed then the ones who still have two or three years left in school.. and it doesn'T matter if gay or straight..

those studies.. I don't know.. they pick 100 people and look at them .. and thats were they pick there studies from.. its like what TV show is the best

but you sure have the direct insight.. mine is just what I see from the outside

icon by Daggi
Old 08-18-2018, 04:09 PM
New Fan

The exchange with Tracy is so sad and powerful. It is a reminder of how living a lie hurt people.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Never got why Ted said Brian was making Michael regress permanently to the age of 12...considering they were 14 when they met.
yeah, that is truley one of the things that don't really fit together

icon by Daggi
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
So the issue documented in the gay community is that many gay men delay their first sexual experience, and can get "stuck" in promiscuity as a result, when they are well into their 30s or 40s.
I figure, everyone grows up when they want to. There's no one true path to follow when you're finding out who you are becoming. For some people, it takes no time at all, for others, it's a work in progress.I guess this is true of gay men who are JUST getting the hang of things, and becoming more of the man he wants to be through a journey. Society should not pressure a person on how soon this journey is reached. Just my opinion, though.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh those studies... I'm not a fan of them .. when I look at the kids between 15 and 17 in 10th grade when they come to danceclasses.. they are all so differently developed.. you can have a guy with 17 in front of you.. not tall.. a bit nerdy and still a kid, and then you have a man with 15 years standing in front of you where you say.. wow is he hot.. but he is just 15!! same with the girls.. and what really is impressive is the fact that differnt types of schools play into the development too.. so we see pupils who are finished with school being far more developed then the ones who still have two or three years left in school.. and it doesn'T matter if gay or straight..

those studies.. I don't know.. they pick 100 people and look at them .. and thats were they pick there studies from.. its like what TV show is the best

That's why I was saying it's like impossible to determine where people "should" be at in their development in a given age. Everyone grows/experiences things differently.

Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
It's so interesting to see how gay and straight people see things differently! But the writers I think were wise to make the story lines appeal to all people.
they did a brilliant job in doing this the makers sure had thought it thrugh very well

icon by Daggi
Old 08-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I figure, everyone grows up when they want to. There's no one true path to follow when you're finding out who you are becoming. For some people, it takes no time at all, for others, it's a work in progress.I guess this is true of gay men who are JUST getting the hang of things, and becoming more of the man he wants to be through a journey. Society should not pressure a person on how soon this journey is reached. Just my opinion, though.
I totally agree! This is bad these days, too, especially with social media. There's a feeling of needing to rush to achieve/accomplish certain things by a certain age. It's ridiculous. That's not a realistic take on life.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Tracy must feel so embarrassed. Michael should have been honest from the start.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
New Fan

Quote:

So I'm not talking about physical development. It's a mental/psychosexual one.

It is a fact that gay men (especially then) find their first gay relationship much later on average often because they are in denial of who they are. So they live in an adult world in those cases, but are just starting out sexually.

I have 3 friends who were married to women and came out as gay - in their 30s! That is an extreme case in point. So when they come out, they are like horny school boys! hahaha
Master Fan

Mel just got trashed because she was stressed about Linds wanting to be a full-time stay at home mom? I'm always a little confused in this episode, why she drinks so much at this party.

anyhoo, another 15 min down for me. pausing quickly!

Old 08-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
and I think again.. that is the whole problem with it all.. they all always look at one side.. I don't know how many straight people Iknow who are not faithful or not monogamous living.. but again.. nobody points a finger at them.. seing gay people do that.. they all point! .. some people are just not made for a married family life with only one person.. so what!! I'm sure it is the other way round too

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread