Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Such a huge problem they almost didn't come back from.
Several times...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I just don't think they have the amazing romance portrayed in some of those fanvids. I think fanvids can really stylize things like that. I agree they helped each other grow and become happier, but they had tons of problems.
Yeah, they had. How I see them is very difficult from anything else I ever saw. They had problems with comunications, secrets and so much more but at the same time they were so perfect for each other. And I'm sure if the writers would let them stay and be them, them as who they were as individual persons and as a people who were kind of together with not being in a typical relationship they would figure it out on their own with next weeks, monts and years.
They could stay who they were and as we know them with growing up much more but in their own way, they didn't need to pleased anyone but themselves. They could have their own standars and rules.
The actual final said they could sacrifice themselves or stay apart. It's bull****. There is no limits except the ones we chained ourselfes. They never fit to anyones rules and never should have. People don't need to choose or sacrifes themselves or being together or any other things. It's all in their minds.
I just don't feel Justin would ever leave, they create them and changed them and people don't do it for no reason. I just don't see it would end up this way for them. That's why it's so heartbreaking for me, not because it's me who wants to keep them together no matter what, it was out of character for them and put them to some rules who were told them.

Sorry, I really tried not to write so much, I don't want to change anyones mind if you don't feel it the way I do.
aśka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I don't think they broke up for good after reconnecting, post 5.13. But I believe they took a few years apart after Justin initially left for NYC... after rekindling what they had.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aśka (View Post)
Yeah, they had. How I see them is very difficult from anything else I ever saw. They had problems with comunications, secrets and so much more but at the same time they were so perfect for each other. And I'm sure if the writers would let them stay and be them, them as who they were as individual persons and as a people who were kind of together with not being in a typical relationship they would figure it out on their own with next weeks, monts and years.
They could stay who they were and as we know them with growing up much more but in their own way, they didn't need to pleased anyone but themselves. They could have their own standars and rules.
The actual final said they could sacrifice themselves or stay apart. It's bull****. There is no limits except the ones we chained ourselfes. They never fit to anyones rules and never should have. People don't need to choose or sacrifes themselves or being together or any other things. It's all in their minds.
I just don't feel Justin would ever leave, they create them and changed them and people don't do it for no reason. I just don't see it would end up this way for them. That's why it's so heartbreaking for me, not because it's me who wants to keep them together no matter what, it was out of character for them and put them to some rules who were told them.

Sorry, I really tried not to write so much, I don't want to change anyones mind if you don't feel it the way I do.
I don't think you are changing someones mind ith writing so much you are also like we all alloed to tell us your opinion. that makes a discussion vivid

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I don't think they broke up for good after reconnecting, post 5.13. But I believe they took a few years apart after Justin initially left for NYC... after rekindling what they had.
I totally agree. And it wasn't about them breaking up, it was about them needing space/time apart. They were in different spaces.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The possibilities are simply endless for these two.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I totally agree. And it wasn't about them breaking up, it was about them needing space/time apart. They were in different spaces.

the one more then the other, but we had it the other one round before

icon by Daggi
Old 10-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

I don't see a need for them to go separate ways, it was so forced. They were changing Justin from the second season inro someone else, it's not that he was changing as a person and himself, it was like different personality. I don't believe he would leave because of some article, he knew what he wanted and who he was. And the only reason they make him leave was to oull them apart, and even after the last season and last episodes and everything writers put them througt them all Ibsee they reached the point from where they could again be themselves and Brian and Justin.
I don't see a reason why all what's hapoened would end up this way and be best or good for them. They had own world and their own rules and could go on from there together.
Which I don't thibk so and hope so they wouldn't sacrifixe anytging or anyone. People expects things fron youbor actions or decisions and they were smart enough to do what they wanted. And what they've got in tge end was ambitions or plots of other people.

I still try to find a way of reasoning for Justin to leave and can't see any. For me it was taken from fuc.king space, of nowhere. I don't understand why fans thinks they should be happily married or go different ways ehen they could stay whobthey were together. I don't see any reason for sacrifces or any other choosing. They should never need to choose and I believe they were much better than normal people.

Sorry for words mistakes, I'm writing from my phone
Wanted to add something but I'm too tired to think how to explain it the best xD
Old 10-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

I agree Aska - they did have communication problems but again they were written that way. Maybe we were supposed to think they talked about everything we just didn't need to see it on screen or something. But I certainly finished the show thinking that they must be together and pulling them apart was not right in the end. I agree with that too - I still think they should have made it clearer they were together no matter what.
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I’ve always felt that Brian and Justin were the biggest victims of QAFs inconsistent writing. So I can see both sides of the reception of the pairing. Brian’s journey in seasons 3 and 4 was a complete and total paradigm shift to what he was in seasons past. It was truly a heroes journey where the protagonist comes away completely changed for what he has experienced. We saw him wrestle his demons with his family, become a shepherd of the gay community, via the Stockwell campaign and beat cancer through an extraordinary arc.

Then they devolved his character back to what he was in season 1 as if he never went through any of that in the final season. In some ways I get it. He had to deal with losing the two people in his life that meant the most to him. But again, I question the story structure and the pacing of this. This would have worked better as a midpoint storyline rather than at the very end. His character had the lamest story of the final season with that Blonde Brian character. Especially when everyone else was going through major defining character shifts with the anti gay legislation rights campaign story. All in all it’s just a very confusing writing choice for Brian’s character.

Justin’s journey always felt a bit different to me in that he was always going to eventually have to out grow Brian. At least initially because they were always trying to grow the character but then they would get cold feet. In seasons 1 and 2, he was too dependent on Brian and we could see at several points in his story that he was rebelling and acting out in conflict from Brian’s worldview. We saw this happen in seasons 2 and 3 with Ethan, and in season 4 with the Pink Posse and again in season 5 with the California and Chlamydia breakup storylines. It was clearly something they were interested in exploring at large.

There’s a clear narrative and coming of age story there, I just think they were too chicken to go through with it long term. By the time they did commit to it, it was just the end of the series. Lol. I don’t necessarily think that this means they are over or they could never be together. I think it was necessary for Justin to gain his own independence, and point of view separate from Brian. Brian shaped too much of who Justin was and in some ways was very paternal in the formation of him as a person. Justin needed to explore who he is outside of Brian long term.

I think their separation was going to happen eventually because they never really dealt with or resolved Justin’s needs for monogamy, independence, and autonomy in his own right. Brian also didn’t seem to really resolve the tension he had with dealing with his vitality and own mortality. It’s all very open ended, which I think is why this ship is still so popular after all these years. It’s still so open ended, and they still have so many things to work through. It’s fun to think about how they resolved everything. They could definitely do a continuation of the story years later.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Welcome Sin

those insights are really great and I love to see different point of views that make us all see other perspectives and make us think.

I never thought about the men standing behind all characters ( the writers) and I agree with you that they did trat Brian badly in the last season. and also that they probably were fearing the raith of the fans with breaking those two up during the running show, so they did it at the end.

and yes absolutly exctly those unsolved ends are what keeps the fandom so vivid combined with the still up to dat topic

thanks for sharing your thoughts here with us

icon by Daggi
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The title of this thread is getting to me because the scene is so vivid in my mind.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Everytime I read this title I tried to pushed it out of my head. I can't think about the final, it's too depressing and heartbreaking.

I agree with some points make by Sin, but I still have the same feelings about the final. As I said before I tried to see it in some positive ways but it never happened.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Everytime I read this title I tried to pushed it out of my head. I can't think about the final, it's too depressing and heartbreaking.

I agree with some points make by Sin, but I still have the same feelings about the final. As I said before I tried to see it in some positive ways but it never happened.
I just finished watching all 5 seasons of QAF (again). I really must say I enjoy seasons 1, 2 and 3 so much better. Season 4 was fun, but I just didn't enjoy season 5 as much this time around.

Let me just leave this pic here:

Star11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

They're so gorgeous. Still one of the best couples on the show.

Reply   Post New Thread