Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You are absolutly right about people saying hutful things when they are upset.. it happens to everybody ... and I haven't thought about that before..

What was so hurtful about fining Brian hooked up with Rage to Justin, was not that it was Rage.. it was the fact that he had hoped so much that Brian was looking an waitinng for him, like Lindsay said, and Justin found him busy.. he felt again betrayed and probably like the unwanted kid tat wasn't worth waiting .. he was disspointed in his own expectations.. does that make sense?

this commet about time is absolutly brilliant and fits perfect to the two

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I agree he was angry and probably saying hurtful things on purpose. People definitely change and act ugly when they're upset. I just don't get why he was so upset...he just let Ethan get too in his head, I guess.

Do you guys think Brian ing Rage had more significance to Justin than his other tricking did, or is he just fed up with Brian at this point and that was "the last straw"? This fanfic I've been reading went on and on about how Brian was F'ing the manifestation of Justin's art blah blah blah and how that was especially hurtful. I didn't really agree with that. I think it makes sense, that given Brian's narcissism (let's be honest), he would of course want to himself as a character/hero. I didn't think it had that much depth to it for Justin, but I also never considered that viewpoint before.

Also, wow, this was in the description box of a fanvidder's creation on YouTube. Probably the best description I've ever seen written under a video. What do you guys think?:
""it's only time"

after everyone and their grandma have vidded this song, here i am with yet another completely unnecessary rendition of it

it's just .. time is such a major theme running through brian/justin that i couldn't help myself.
there's no time, as the song has it: we value time because time is constantly running out
time is never enough, a sum of moments slipping away from us like water

yet, time is also irrelevant to some things because those things are so meaningful and intense
that our experience of time seems to be condensed in one single instance,
hours weeks months and years all piled on top of each other

to me, that's what brian and justin represent
moments of heightened awareness, snapshots of momentous truth and realizations
all slowed down and merged together in a dreamlike glide of colors and lights
and meanwhile, the leaving and the coming back - all the endless waiting -
wrapped up in the space between beginning and end till you can't separate one from the other"
Maybe Justin was angry at himself, who knows? Or like you said, he let Ethan get too into his head.

About Brian F-ing Rage---I never thought about it. I can definitely see the narcissism. I can also see it being the last straw. Or maybe it was something about real Brian and fictional Brian (the one that Justin created, the "perfect" one) merge that angered him.

And wow--my heart So so true though!!
Old 09-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Maybe Justin was angry at himself, who knows? Or like you said, he let Ethan get too into his head.

About Brian F-ing Rage---I never thought about it. I can definitely see the narcissism. I can also see it being the last straw. Or maybe it was something about real Brian and fictional Brian (the one that Justin created, the "perfect" one) merge that angered him.

And wow--my heart So so true though!!
He might've been angry at himself for expecting too much. That's very interesting that maybe it was proof to him that Brian wasn't the character he was imagining him to be...

Quote:
You are absolutly right about people saying hutful things when they are upset.. it happens to everybody ... and I haven't thought about that before..

What was so hurtful about fining Brian hooked up with Rage to Justin, was not that it was Rage.. it was the fact that he had hoped so much that Brian was looking an waitinng for him, like Lindsay said, and Justin found him busy.. he felt again betrayed and probably like the unwanted kid tat wasn't worth waiting .. he was disspointed in his own expectations.. does that make sense?

I always kind of wonder why Mel/Linds say Brian is looking for Justin when he's clearly in the backroom just a second later. He must've been looking for him quite a bit earlier that night, or the girls were just speculating, IMO.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)

Good question Chris~ I agree with what Daggi said. If I remember right, Justin was over at Michael and Ben's around this time working on the comic , noting their closeness and normal nights home (instead of Babylon all the time). Ben was there the night of the Rage party celebrating WITH Michael. And then the girls say something like "Brian's looking for you... of course he is it's your special night". Good point about why would they say that?? Maybe they thought since Brian specifically planned this for Brian and Justin that he *would* actually want to be with him that night. I think Justin was all in that "I want a boyfriend who treats me special and who wants to be with me more than anyone else" mode. So between it being his special night and it kind of being the last straw, I think it was more that than the fact that it was "Rage" that Brian was doing.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
Good question Chris~ I agree with what Daggi said. If I remember right, Justin was over at Michael and Ben's around this time working on the comic , noting their closeness and normal nights home (instead of Babylon all the time). Ben was there the night of the Rage party celebrating WITH Michael. And then the girls say something like "Brian's looking for you... of course he is it's your special night". Good point about why would they say that?? Maybe they thought since Brian specifically planned this for Brian and Justin that he *would* actually want to be with him that night. I think Justin was all in that "I want a boyfriend who treats me special and who wants to be with me more than anyone else" mode. So between it being his special night and it kind of being the last straw, I think it was more that than the fact that it was "Rage" that Brian was doing.
Thanks for your insight. Good points about Justin observing Michael and Ben. I agree, I don't think it was about being "Rage" specifically - that fanfic that I read just got me thinking maybe there was something to that theory...but I didn't actually think so. I really think Justin just had Ethan on the brain and stuff that didn't get to him about Brian (or not as much) before just really started getting on his nerves. He was looking at Ethan through rose colored glasses so Brian looked terrible in comparison.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He'd given up on Brian at this point. Justin was just completely over it. He'd became disillusioned from this idea of a perfect relationship to have with him, and bought into whatever Ethan was offering him in contrast.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
He'd given up on Brian at this point. Justin was just completely over it. He'd became disillusioned from this idea of a perfect relationship to have with him, and bought into whatever Ethan was offering him in contrast.
Only to be hurt again because he put so much faith into Ethan and ended up getting screwed over.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Agreed, Justin was just done at that point and did not GAF anymore, even about potentially hurting Brian. Ethan had him wrapped around his violin-playing finger. And he loved it.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Sigh, yup, and it backfired.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Indeed, it did.

Something I've been thinking about... we always see Brian as the one who wants to be in control/on top, etc. Yet...
Spoiler:

Old 09-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Indeed, it did.

Something I've been thinking about... we always see Brian as the one who wants to be in control/on top, etc. Yet...
Spoiler:
Very true about the receiving part. Brian often took that vulnerable position like a champ, too.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Very true about the receiving part. Brian often took that vulnerable position like a champ, too.
He certainly didn't have any complaints about it. I wonder if he realized that he was the one without the power in those instances. Maybe that was a way for him to take a break from needing control.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Indeed, it did.

Spoiler:
Interesting. I never thought about it like that. I mean--

Spoiler:

Regardless, Brian did know how to be vulnerable and give up control every once in a while. It'd only be natural to want to do that. I imagine, or maybe I know I guess lol, it gets tiring.

Another question I had that ties right into this--

I was watching a fan vid yesterday and it showed the scene where Justin takes the bloody scarf off of Brian when they are in bed. And I was thinking--that is Brian being so vulnerable with Justin. He may not have said much but he was showing him that he wore the scarf, that he blamed himself, that he was so messed up from seeing Justin hurt, etc. Thoughts?
Old 09-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Interesting. I never thought about it like that. I mean--

Spoiler:

Regardless, Brian did know how to be vulnerable and give up control every once in a while. It'd only be natural to want to do that. I imagine, or maybe I know I guess lol, it gets tiring.

Another question I had that ties right into this--

I was watching a fan vid yesterday and it showed the scene where Justin takes the bloody scarf off of Brian when they are in bed. And I was thinking--that is Brian being so vulnerable with Justin. He may not have said much but he was showing him that he wore the scarf, that he blamed himself, that he was so messed up from seeing Justin hurt, etc. Thoughts?
I think I used to think that it was the "giver" who was the submissive one, then I kept reading articles on the contrary and it sunk in that the "giver" really DOES have the power. I mean think about it...they're handling very sensitive equipment, which they could really do anything with... The receiver is the one who has to totally trust and let themselves be open and vulnerable to enjoy it at all.

And agreed, it'd be exhausting to maintain control all the time. I just pointed that out because a lot of people paint him as needing to be in command, and Justin even says at one point, "You always have to be the one that's in charge. The one who's on top." And Brian says, "You know it" or whatever. We see through you, Mr. Kinney.

Doesn't Justin find Brian's scarf in that "I want you inside me" scene? And Brian wasn't attempting to show it to him, but Justin just finds it while he's undressing him? I think I remember Brian hadn't even thought he was going to sleep with him, but then Jennifer basically asks him to? Lol. I remember Justin saying that and Brian says, "Are you sure?" So I feel like Justin kind of "caught' or exposed Brian in this moment. But then Brian didn't run off or try to hide or deny that he was wearing it. So in a way he is being vulnerable, but not as much so as if he'd straight up showed him, I guess?

Old 09-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Indeed, it did.

Spoiler:
I’ve never thought about that before..... to me I think that Brian views it as tricks serving him. He’s even said some things like “I let him worship my **** for an hour”, pushing the head of the guy whose hat he stole back down for more after the guy came up and answering Michael’s question of how long this should take in 101 by taking the tricks mouth off for a second and saying “about 15 minutes”. I always got the feeling that Brian was thinking Dude you are lucky I’m letting you go down on me Do we even see him go down on anyone else besides Justin? Maybe when they are in that foursome in the 5th season?

Last edited by Dlyn; 09-10-2018 at 10:24 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread