Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
One of my absolute fave scenes~ so beautifully shot. I think I timed it once bc with no dialogue I was curious how long it was and it was almost two minutes! Much more powerful with no dialogue!! I love how when Justin comes s in, Brian is just staring off at the wall, he can’t sleep~ he’s never felt this type of pain before. Then he looks right at Justin ~ he doesn’t know why he’s here yet. He could be coming to pick something up. It almost seems like his chin goes up just a bit defensively. He looks SO sad... Then Justin begins to undress and his face softens a bit. Justin waits until Brian pulls back the covers and gets in. Brian’s arm goes around Justin and touches and rubs Justin’s arm. Brian looks at Justin from behind and then looks off in the distance and then finally closes his eyes....he is finally able to sleep.
And bc the viewer can see Justin’s face (how unhappy he is)it just makes me feel so bad for Brian. He finally opened himself up and bc of that made himself vulnerable and got hurt. Sometimes I think he must be thinking “how the heck did I get myself in this position??”
It IS so well done!! Yes, agreed - I love that it's silent, no dialogue OR music. So powerful. Wow, two minutes?! That's even more impressive. And yeah, poor Brian. I love how he rubs Justin's hand - that's such an expression of love from him right there, he doesn't need to say the words. But he's clearly happy to see him and that he came back. I hadn't thought about it quite to the extent that you typed it out, lol, noticing when his face changes. Wow. He does look super sad... He probably is like "This is what I get for letting someone in." I do feel so bad for Brian. Like, Justin went off to choose Ethan, but Ethan kicks him out, so it's like Brian is his fall-back plan, but Brian perceives it as Justin coming back....

Ahhh, I can't. I need to watch the next episode like NOW. lol

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-29-2018, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
It IS so well done!! Yes, agreed - I love that it's silent, no dialogue OR music. So powerful. Wow, two minutes?! That's even more impressive. And yeah, poor Brian. I love how he rubs Justin's hand - that's such an expression of love from him right there, he doesn't need to say the words. But he's clearly happy to see him and that he came back. I hadn't thought about it quite to the extent that you typed it out, lol, noticing when his face changes. Wow. He does look super sad... He probably is like "This is what I get for letting someone in." I do feel so bad for Brian. Like, Justin went off to choose Ethan, but Ethan kicks him out, so it's like Brian is his fall-back plan, but Brian perceives it as Justin coming back....

Ahhh, I can't. I need to watch the next episode like NOW. lol
I know, sad, right ~ lol! There are some scenes like that one that I must have watched 40-50 times since January!! And I wrote this post from memory over lunch since I can’t pull it up at work.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)

I know, sad, right ~ lol! There are some scenes like that one that I must have watched 40-50 times since January!! And I wrote this post from memory over lunch since I can’t pull it up at work.
That's a lot!! Haha. Super impressed you did that from memory!

There are some scenes that I watch and immediately rewind and watch over again - or keep in mind cause once the episode is over, I go back and rewatch before moving onto the next.

Ahhh...just watched the one where Justin stops by to say he can't accept Brian paying for his tuition and Brian's got that old movie on TV...I never caught before how Brian's got such a pained look on his face during a silent moment between them and the lady in the movie is saying, "I love you!" WOW. So well done. I'm catching so much new stuff on this watchthrough. But also poor Brian...JEEZ my heart.

Last edited by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!; 08-29-2018 at 10:05 PM
Old 08-30-2018, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Have you noticed also in the 302 scene, that Justin walks in and looks so condescending when he sees Brian. Brian says something like, there's nobody here and Justin said, that's a first (or something like that. In my opinion, Justin had no right to do that to Brian. He made a choice to walk out, the least he can be a little humble since Brian still wants him to be happy.

Oh...Brian's beautiful feet on his new Mies van der Rohe coffee table.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:59 AM
Extreme Fan

That episode when Justin comes back and Brian just wordlessly accepts him-- Straight into the heart, it hurts.

I think with the whole Ethan thing--Brian knew right from the start that he wasn't good and that it wouldn't end well between him and Justin. But he kept his mouth shut and let Justin make his own mistakes and see it for himself. When Justin had that realization--when he said he never had to forgive Brian because he never promised anything--ugh so good.

Deborah--Justin was definitely being a little b*tchy. I mean, he did leave to go be with someone else so he is in no place to judge.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Have you noticed also in the 302 scene, that Justin walks in and looks so condescending when he sees Brian. Brian says something like, there's nobody here and Justin said, that's a first (or something like that. In my opinion, Justin had no right to do that to Brian. He made a choice to walk out, the least he can be a little humble since Brian still wants him to be happy.

Yes, he totally condescends to him. And exaggerates because there wasn't always someone else there. And yes, Brian's clearly making an effort to be decent to him, he could show the same respect.

As an aside about Brian, I LOVE that he is barefoot so often. Hippie.

Quote:
That episode when Justin comes back and Brian just wordlessly accepts him-- Straight into the heart, it hurts.

I think with the whole Ethan thing--Brian knew right from the start that he wasn't good and that it wouldn't end well between him and Justin. But he kept his mouth shut and let Justin make his own mistakes and see it for himself. When Justin had that realization--when he said he never had to forgive Brian because he never promised anything--ugh so good.

Deborah--Justin was definitely being a little b*tchy. I mean, he did leave to go be with someone else so he is in no place to judge.
Another act of love by Brian...letting him go to make his own mistakes. Also, he really wouldn't have had much of a chance with Justin if he didn't let him go explore an option that seemed better for a millisecond. Let that illusion shatter for him so he could wake up to what real love looks like. And yes I LOVE when Justin says, "I NEVER forgave Brian! I never had to!"

Arghhhh I STILL can't get over Brian mouthing along the words to that movie and that chick saying, "I love you!!"

Old 08-30-2018, 08:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)

I agree~ it always bothered me how immature Justin was being toward Brian after the breakup. At Mel and Linds’ party he was so cold to him and all Brian says is “I hope you get what you want”. Honestly the way Brian handled the whole breakup really impressed me~ especially bc he had no experience with that. And after Justin says that snarky comment at the loft, Brian confirms that he’ll keep paying tuition oh and take your computer too?? Brian was showing such love here.

Last edited by Dlyn; 08-30-2018 at 09:51 AM
Old 08-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, he totally condescends to him. And exaggerates because there wasn't always someone else there. And yes, Brian's clearly making an effort to be decent to him, he could show the same respect.

As an aside about Brian, I LOVE that he is barefoot so often. Hippie.

Another act of love by Brian...letting him go to make his own mistakes. Also, he really wouldn't have had much of a chance with Justin if he didn't let him go explore an option that seemed better for a millisecond. Let that illusion shatter for him so he could wake up to what real love looks like. And yes I LOVE when Justin says, "I NEVER forgave Brian! I never had to!"

Arghhhh I STILL can't get over Brian mouthing along the words to that movie and that chick saying, "I love you!!"
Exactly!! That was totally an act of love on Brian's part. The whole thing about letting someone go and seeing if they come back to you. Which, he did.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It kind of hurt me that Justin did expect Brian not to be alone.. ok, he knew how Brians pain management works, and I'm sure he knew he hurt Brian, but to talk to him that way must hurt even more.. and all Brian did was paying his tuition..

oh and when Brian said to him he forgot something.. Justins first thought being to say thank you? I expected a bit earlier from Justin to say that.. right after he accepted and understand why Brian did it..

How could he not see the truth in Brians doings?? He was showing him how much he cared about him

and yes those feet .. I wished mine would look a little bit like that

icon by Daggi
Old 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
It kind of hurt me that Justin did expect Brian not to be alone.. ok, he knew how Brians pain management works, and I'm sure he knew he hurt Brian, but to talk to him that way must hurt even more.. and all Brian did was paying his tuition..

oh and when Brian said to him he forgot something.. Justins first thought being to say thank you? I expected a bit earlier from Justin to say that.. right after he accepted and understand why Brian did it..

How could he not see the truth in Brians doings?? He was showing him how much he cared about him

and yes those feet .. I wished mine would look a little bit like that
Right?! He pays for his fing school and Justin's being a little twat? He also comments on how "expensive" Brian's new table must have been. Probably because he's living with broke-ass Ethan who's all condescending towards him for having money. Made me realize how much Brian uses shopping as self medication too - not just sex/drugs.

And yes! He should've thanked him from the start. How big of a person Brian was to continue to honor their deal though Justin hurt him like that.

And y'know paying for your tuition and saving your life and taking you in and protecting you from your bigot father just CAN'T compete with flowers and violin music.

I'm actually getting more mad at him as we discuss this.

Lol, you guys and the foot thing.
Spoiler:

Old 08-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Right?! He pays for his fing school and Justin's being a little twat? He also comments on how "expensive" Brian's new table must have been. Probably because he's living with broke-ass Ethan who's all condescending towards him for having money. Made me realize how much Brian uses shopping as self medication too - not just sex/drugs.

And yes! He should've thanked him from the start. How big of a person Brian was to continue to honor their deal though Justin hurt him like that.

And y'know paying for your tuition and saving your life and taking you in and protecting you from your bigot father just CAN'T compete with flowers and violin music.

I'm actually getting more mad at him as we discuss this.

Lol, you guys and the foot thing.
Spoiler:
when it come to Galse/Brians feet

and so nobody is slipping in here I send her over to clean up behind me

oh and have you guys already seen those?

Spoiler:

and I do have some more graphic ones

but they feel very QaF to me

icon by Daggi
Old 08-30-2018, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

OMG I was not expecting that!!! Bahaha. Yes, clean up after yo'self...we're all gonna slip!

WOW those are amazing.

Hmm, can't say I've ever been into feet...but I do love that he goes barefoot.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Umm hello suggestive emojis that are right up my alley. Ahem I need a moment

Also, I love when he goes barefoot too. I don't know why, but there's something sexy about a man wearing jeans (or whatever, really) and either being shirtless or wearing a tank top and going barefoot that is just. so. HOT.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Umm hello suggestive emojis that are right up my alley. Ahem I need a moment

Also, I love when he goes barefoot too. I don't know why, but there's something sexy about a man wearing jeans (or whatever, really) and either being shirtless or wearing a tank top and going barefoot that is just. so. HOT.
totally agree.. as long as he has a body worth it or his name is Gale Harold

icon by Daggi
Old 08-30-2018, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Hahaha I do love the Brian classic jeans/blank tank (no socks ) look.

Funny cause my other favorite show from that same time period was The OC, and the main character was kind of a bad boy and his signature look was jeans and a tank, too. I've been watching the shows together and it's funny to see the similarities.

...also that character's name is Ryan. So, Ryan and Brian.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread