Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Have you noticed also in the 302 scene, that Justin walks in and looks so condescending when he sees Brian. Brian says something like, there's nobody here and Justin said, that's a first (or something like that. In my opinion, Justin had no right to do that to Brian. He made a choice to walk out, the least he can be a little humble since Brian still wants him to be happy.

Oh...Brian's beautiful feet on his new Mies van der Rohe coffee table.

Justin didn't have the right to say that....he was the one who left. And, Brian doesn't take the bait and doesn't give him attitude (aside from the little roll of the eyes that Justin can't see)

HOW did I miss that there were other Gale feet admirers here?? haha I'm right there with you

I love how he is barefoot a lot too~ it fits the character and love how his top button on the blue jeans is always undone when he's in his loft.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
Justin didn't have the right to say that....he was the one who left. And, Brian doesn't take the bait and doesn't give him attitude (aside from the little roll of the eyes that Justin can't see)

HOW did I miss that there were other Gale feet admirers here?? haha I'm right there with you

I love how he is barefoot a lot too~ it fits the character and love how his top button on the blue jeans is always undone when he's in his loft.
Now THAT'S attention to detail. I'll have to look out for this. Very realistic too - I totally do that.

Random Brian thing - I appreciate how we see him just sitting so often. Like, after a couple of hard conversations with Justin that I can think of, we see Brian walk away and just go sit down in a chair and rub his forehead. We see Brian doing nothing but peeling an apple and eating it, and sitting on his bed kinda looking around in space. I love how he just chills and isn't constantly distracting himself.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Now THAT'S attention to detail. I'll have to look out for this. Very realistic too - I totally do that.

Random Brian thing - I appreciate how we see him just sitting so often. Like, after a couple of hard conversations with Justin that I can think of, we see Brian walk away and just go sit down in a chair and rub his forehead. We see Brian doing nothing but peeling an apple and eating it, and sitting on his bed kinda looking around in space. I love how he just chills and isn't constantly distracting himself.
You are right ~ like after he tells Justin “it’s your call where you want to be” he goes and sits dejectedly in the chair and holds his head. I think it speaks to Gale’s talent how well he does these scenes with no dialogue and yet still makes them compelling. There are also a few where he is just in bed smoking. His charisma just pulls you in even when he’s being chill and quiet.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You are right ~ like after he tells Justin “it’s your call where you want to be” he goes and sits dejectedly in the chair and holds his head. I think it speaks to Gale’s talent how well he does these scenes with no dialogue and yet still makes them compelling. There are also a few where he is just in bed smoking. His charisma just pulls you in even when he’s being chill and quiet.
Yes! He doesn't need a scene to be "busy" to be amazing. In fact, some of his most powerful scenes don't have dialogue - especially when he's crying when Justin gets taken to the hospital. So very talented. And yeah, I was thinking about those smoking in bed shots, too. He's enticing no matter what he's doing.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This was something I notice a long time ago and it was just so heartbreaking.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
This was something I notice a long time ago and it was just so heartbreaking.

Wow That's so powerful.

And I never noticed the thing about the top button of his jeans haha
Old 08-31-2018, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The acting was always on point.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-31-2018, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

It really was.

Ahhh, that GIF... Poor Brian...

Old 08-31-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
The acting was always on point.
he can say so much without saying one single word.. you could see how hurt he was and he knew Justin would leave

icon by Daggi
Old 08-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

He really can communicate a lot with just body language. And yes - so vulnerable of Brian to be visibly affected by it, right in front of Justin, too.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
He really can communicate a lot with just body language. And yes - so vulnerable of Brian to be visibly affected by it, right in front of Justin, too.
what is sad is that Justin, who managed to read so much in Brian, didn't realise it

icon by Daggi
Old 08-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
what is sad is that Justin, who managed to read so much in Brian, didn't realise it
Yeah. Or he just didn't care and was already checked out at that point. I feel like pretty much once he met Ethan, he was condescending towards Brian and their relationship.

That thing that upsets me most (from the ep I watched last night ) is when Brian comments on Justin's ring and says, "How romantic" and Justin scoffs and says, "F all you'd know about romance." ...after the prom dance?!?!?!?! Are you serious?! I was actually really mad at him for that, instead of just annoyed. Poor Brian. I feel like he had to be thinking about that, when Justin said that, too.

Last edited by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!; 09-01-2018 at 06:42 AM
Old 09-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You might be right. I guess he already was in his happy bubble with Etahn.. but not to notice at all? It feels kind of OOC for Justin.. kind of

icon by Daggi
Old 09-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Justin was really angry and lashing out and probably saying whatever he could to hurt Brian in that moment.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

I agree he was angry and probably saying hurtful things on purpose. People definitely change and act ugly when they're upset. I just don't get why he was so upset...he just let Ethan get too in his head, I guess.

Do you guys think Brian ing Rage had more significance to Justin than his other tricking did, or is he just fed up with Brian at this point and that was "the last straw"? This fanfic I've been reading went on and on about how Brian was F'ing the manifestation of Justin's art blah blah blah and how that was especially hurtful. I didn't really agree with that. I think it makes sense, that given Brian's narcissism (let's be honest), he would of course want to himself as a character/hero. I didn't think it had that much depth to it for Justin, but I also never considered that viewpoint before.

Also, wow, this was in the description box of a fanvidder's creation on YouTube. Probably the best description I've ever seen written under a video. What do you guys think?:
""it's only time"

after everyone and their grandma have vidded this song, here i am with yet another completely unnecessary rendition of it

it's just .. time is such a major theme running through brian/justin that i couldn't help myself.
there's no time, as the song has it: we value time because time is constantly running out
time is never enough, a sum of moments slipping away from us like water

yet, time is also irrelevant to some things because those things are so meaningful and intense
that our experience of time seems to be condensed in one single instance,
hours weeks months and years all piled on top of each other

to me, that's what brian and justin represent
moments of heightened awareness, snapshots of momentous truth and realizations
all slowed down and merged together in a dreamlike glide of colors and lights
and meanwhile, the leaving and the coming back - all the endless waiting -
wrapped up in the space between beginning and end till you can't separate one from the other"

Closed Thread   Post New Thread