Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It would have deserved an award, more than others

icon by Daggi
Old 08-30-2017, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Question Which season do you think showed the most growth or the best relationship between Brian and Justin?
Old 08-31-2017, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think from 308 to 401 was the most growth for B/J.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I think from 308 to 401 was the most growth for B/J.
thosoe are my favourite chapters

icon by Daggi
Old 08-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think that break they took between 2.20 to 3.08 helped them develop their feelings for each other better, and then once they were back together, they began acting all couple-y and happy.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-31-2017, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Cool I was wondering if people would say season 1 but I agree after their break up and get back together they certainly were stronger and knew each other so much better and grew so much.

Can I ask though why stop at 4.01? I know the pink posse storyline wasn't the best but I think it did show how Brian cared for Justin and supported him even though he didn't agree with it and didn't want him to do it - he supported him through it anyway. I don't think we saw enough of when Justin finished with the pink posse to what he said to Brian to how it went down when he said he quit because in the next episode it was just back to normal.

I thought that the cancer arc also showed how mature and supportive Justin was of Brian - again letting him work though things at his own pace even when it hurt him and in the end Brian I think saw how much Justin meant that love he professed and let him be there and feed him soup and help him get better and helped him sexually as well.

So yeah even though I think the storylines might not have been the best I think did show growth and support for each other. Thoughts?
Old 09-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Cool I was wondering if people would say season 1 but I agree after their break up and get back together they certainly were stronger and knew each other so much better and grew so much.

Can I ask though why stop at 4.01? I know the pink posse storyline wasn't the best but I think it did show how Brian cared for Justin and supported him even though he didn't agree with it and didn't want him to do it - he supported him through it anyway. I don't think we saw enough of when Justin finished with the pink posse to what he said to Brian to how it went down when he said he quit because in the next episode it was just back to normal.

I thought that the cancer arc also showed how mature and supportive Justin was of Brian - again letting him work though things at his own pace even when it hurt him and in the end Brian I think saw how much Justin meant that love he professed and let him be there and feed him soup and help him get better and helped him sexually as well.

So yeah even though I think the storylines might not have been the best I think did show growth and support for each other. Thoughts?
I agree with you Fiona, during season 4 there was lot of growth in Brian and Justin relationship, not pleasant always to watch as they went through some hardships but in the end, they were much stronger otherwise Brian would not have asked Justin to move in at the end of season 4. Justin showed his love for Brian is really unconditional and Brian learnt he is worth loving and can trust Justin. And real love has to go through some tests anyway. And for me s4 tests were tolerable. Unlike s5 where it all went downhill.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I agree with you Fiona, during season 4 there was lot of growth in Brian and Justin relationship, not pleasant always to watch as they went through some hardships but in the end, they were much stronger otherwise Brian would not have asked Justin to move in at the end of season 4. Justin showed his love for Brian is really unconditional and Brian learnt he is worth loving and can trust Justin. And real love has to go through some tests anyway. And for me s4 tests were tolerable. Unlike s5 where it all went downhill.

Hardships can make you stronger indeed and yeah season 4 wasn't too bad for me but the stuff they made Brian and Justin do or go through in season 5 wasn't the same. I loved when Brian asked Justin to move in I love how he said as for the times you aren't here I would't mind if you were
Old 09-03-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

The reason I said 308 - 401 because I believe that was when they had the most growth together. Later, it seems there was always the struggle where they were at different places emotionally and at odds. When they were working together they showed the most growth and strength. They could have been what people call a "power couple", but because of emotional regression, they became mismatched and didn't work together.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
The reason I said 308 - 401 because I believe that was when they had the most growth together. Later, it seems there was always the struggle where they were at different places emotionally and at odds. When they were working together they showed the most growth and strength. They could have been what people call a "power couple", but because of emotional regression, they became mismatched and didn't work together.
I see what you mean by that - they were happy and working together and in sync in those episodes and then it all goes downhill again in seasons 4 & 5 in many areas. Probably why people would prefer it to end at season 3.

I do like when Brian is riding he imagines he sees Justin cheering him on and Justin lets him finish the race cause he needs to do it and it's one time I think Michael is very supportive . I also like when he asks him to move in but again they are in different spots in their lives . Why does love have to be so difficult sometimes?
Old 09-04-2017, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I see what you mean by that - they were happy and working together and in sync in those episodes and then it all goes downhill again in seasons 4 & 5 in many areas. Probably why people would prefer it to end at season 3.

I do like when Brian is riding he imagines he sees Justin cheering him on and Justin lets him finish the race cause he needs to do it and it's one time I think Michael is very supportive . I also like when he asks him to move in but again they are in different spots in their lives . Why does love have to be so difficult sometimes?
I think it only is difficult if no one wants to do compromises or see those compromises as sacrifices..

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2017, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think it only is difficult if no one wants to do compromises or see those compromises as sacrifices..
Yeah at times you do have to compromise or even sacrifice for each other but these two sometimes seemed to get it all mixed up
Old 09-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I hated that line which they repeated frequently that any sort of compromise is a sacrifice. Does really Cowlip believe that? Because its such a nonsense and immature thing to say. It degraded for me some of those episodes because it does not maje any sense.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I hated that line which they repeated frequently that any sort of compromise is a sacrifice. Does really Cowlip believe that? Because its such a nonsense and immature thing to say. It degraded for me some of those episodes because it does not maje any sense.
I agree - compromise can be a sacrifice but if you love someone sometimes you do that and sometimes the other person does it and you work together to try and make each other happy and grow together - it's not always a bad thing unless it's only one person who is sacrificing and compromising for the other and the other never does.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
you are right.. it doesn't make sense.. and if thesy really feel like that, I mean that compromises are sacrifices, they should rethink the whole construction of partnership or love.. it only is sacrifice if not both parties are agreeing to compromise and one would have to give up everything... but maybe that was what they meant.. although I don't see Justin giving up everything with staying in Pittsburgh.. he still would have been able to paint there.. and Brian wouldn't give up everything just because he is with Justin.. he is way more then just the sexdriven Stud of Liberty Avenue...

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread