Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2017, 02:02 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
It'S almost the same with me.. The others are neccessary and I like them all, but I'm all caught up with B/J that's why I don't miss the others in fanfictions so much when they are neglected
Yeah, thats why I am saying if there is a problem with reboot/remake/sequel of QAF, because showtime is not interested or whatever, I would be happy even with a shortfilm featuring just B and J, so that we get to B and J together and get some closure, that would be low cost and could be produced by someone ekse but problem are copyright I suspect.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I agree, I remember it clearly that even when I was watching the show first few times it was mainly story of Brian and Justin that filled me with most emotions and drove me through the show. And now also. I love other characters and their storylines also but there are somehow on second place, or I would say Brian and Justins story is most interesting, most intense. Others are of course as important in the show, irreplacable, many of the scenes, jokes, funny moments or even sad ones are unforgettable and would not be possible without them.
Yeah it wouldn't be the same without the others and they do make it special with their moments and jokes and sad moments. But Brian and Justin certainly take the most important place in my heart
Old 08-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

They definitly stole our heart

icon by Daggi
Old 08-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They definitly stole our heart
Yeah, I could never imagine that could happen and that it would last so long.its modern Romeo and Juliet.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Yeah, I could never imagine that could happen and that it would last so long.its modern Romeo and Juliet.
I wouldn't have thought of that, and I wonder if Cowlip thought in that direction

icon by Daggi
Old 08-25-2017, 12:35 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought of that, and I wonder if Cowlip thought in that direction
Maybe, although probably not directl, but they certainly were inspired by Shakespeare and portrayed as powerful and as tragic love story which we can relate to more or easier.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Maybe, although probably not directl, but they certainly were inspired by Shakespeare and portrayed as powerful and as tragic love story which we can relate to more or easier.
At least one didn't die like we said before - that would've been unforgivable to the fans.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:27 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
At least one didn't die like we said before - that would've been unforgivable to the fans.
Yeah, I think Cowlip would not have survived either if they came up with such closure..
Old 08-26-2017, 05:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am not sure what would've happened but it wouldn't be pretty that much I am sure of.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

A testament to how good actors these guys were/are. They used the characters they played as instruments to convey to the viewers every single experience - both good and bad - that can be universally applied to all people. It's all about appealing to the human condition, and all actors from this show have done it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-27-2017, 12:49 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
A testament to how good actors these guys were/are. They used the characters they played as instruments to convey to the viewers every single experience - both good and bad - that can be universally applied to all people. It's all about appealing to the human condition, and all actors from this show have done it.
Yeah, thats truth, everyone of actors was amazing and succeeded to be so convincing that show became eternal, real proof is that 12 years after the end people are still enthusiastic, rewatch the show and petiion for the remake
And of course the storylines helped a lot, although there were some which I would rewrite completely, still as total it was amazing idea and without Cowlip we would not have the show we love at all.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I think they managed to do somethung that only a show like StarTrek managed ro do. And I don't mean all the spin offs, but the original 80 episodes.. create and bring something alife that after such a long tine is still vivid and hopefully still will be in 30 years

It really is the greatest lovestory ever told

icon by Daggi
Old 08-27-2017, 05:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I think they managed to do somethung that only a show like StarTrek managed ro do. And I don't mean all the spin offs, but the original 80 episodes.. create and bring something alife that after such a long tine is still vivid and hopefully still will be in 30 years

It really is the greatest lovestory ever told
My husband and I still watch Star Trek almost every day and still see the lessons and stories they are trying to tell in the episodes Of course I am talking about The Next Generation and Voyager.

There is no love story in there like B and J though You're right though - the actors were amazing and played their parts so well - I couldn't fault them - I think they all believed in the project so much that they gave it everything they had and it certainly showed in their performances. And when you're talking about B and J you can see right from their first scenes that they gave it their all which is what the actors said they wanted to do
Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Call me bias... whatever, but this show should have garnered some Emmy nods at the very least. Criminally underrated, and it should be so much more popular than it is. I know it already has thousands of fans, but somehow, it still feels a little below public recognition. I suppose that's a good thing, too, because sometimes when shows gain too much attention, they lose their magic.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Call me bias... whatever, but this show should have garnered some Emmy nods at the very least. Criminally underrated, and it should be so much more popular than it is. I know it already has thousands of fans, but somehow, it still feels a little below public recognition. I suppose that's a good thing, too, because sometimes when shows gain too much attention, they lose their magic.
The acting, the directing, the writing, the settings, the storylines - all of it was ground breaking, innovative, interesting and amazing. I agree it deserved more recognition .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread