Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2016, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have now had time to unwind from this crazy episode and mostly I am just annoyed.. I feel like Wes still had the most story to tell, and..... and.. and, I feel really bad for him.. his life has never been easy and for him to go out like that... it just seems really cruel. I don't know.. I might have to take a break from this show for a while..
Old 11-18-2016, 02:25 AM
Graphics Team

I'm such a crying mess. I haven't even seen all of it yet. Just the first half and then I found out it was Wes, watched the reveal and started weeping uncontrollably...
Old 11-18-2016, 04:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't even cry during the episode and just started now, an hour later Wes had so much potential, his storylines with Annalise and Laurel could take so many turns, his story on his own could take so many turns. I honestly have no more interest in that show. I don't want to watch the flashbacks, I don't want to see Laurel potentially giving birth to his baby or losing it. It will all just feel like opening the wounds again. So yeah, I think I'm done.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I'm just MAD. Like, so angry. I don't have an emotional response to this because I was just spoiled on tumblr. Im watching the episode now.

But Im just so pissed off. Like, Wes is the MAIN character? And I feel like he had so much story left? UGH, I'm super upset and my wesalise heart is just completely broken.

Like LITERALLY ANY OTHER CHARACTER should have died and I wouldn't have been this upset.

I will still watch the show but I dont know if I will post here. Nothing against the board or the posters WHATSOEVER, but all my excitement in the show will be gone, Wes was like, the MAIN character that I cared about. uGH. I so would have rather it been literally anyone else, bonnie, asher, connor, michaela, laurel, frank, oliver, nate.... LITERALLY ANY OF THEM AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE.

I am so done.
I agree that my reaction right now is just MAD. I didn't cry, though maybe later. I think I'm too mad for that right now.

My biggest issue is that Pete did this for the shock factor and to change the show or whatever. But he was a young black guy who went through so damn much, whose mother sacrificed her life, who only killed Sam in the defense of Rebecca.. he was a good guy. And it sucks that he was killed before he could have a life. Maybe none of the K5 will have a happy normal life, but damn Wes deserved to have more than death right now.

And Wes/Laurel.. I shipped these two from before they even kissed. I was so happy, and they were happy. And then the last moments they got were a fight? He died thinking that Laurel didn't love him, that she just wanted to fix him?

And he's potentially fathered a child, which he'll never know about. Though they'll probably have the baby be someone elses or die anyway, so.

I am super done with the show. I might even delete the episodes because how can watch them, knowing this outcome?
Old 11-18-2016, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Poor Alfie. He doesnt seem happy...

Quote:
Agreed. And of course I hope you still post, but I totally understand if you decide not to.
I will continue out the season just to see the Wes conclusion but man, I'm so disappointed now. The show was up there for one my favs and now its gone. Wes was my favorite character so Im super upset about this.

I think the writers just wanted an impactful death that wasn't a "cop out" but they could have achieved that with bonnie or connor imo. Why Wes? Wes was so integral to everyone I feel like, and he iMO is sort of the main male character on the show, so it just doesnt make sense to me, somethings gonna feel like its missing when hes gone IMO.

Not to mention that Wes had it so rough he didnt deserve to be killed on top of it.

I want Laurels baby to be Franks, but its obviously going to be Wes which I am not happy about either. Great, another kid born without a father.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

I did genuinely love the show for much more than Wes, but I just cannot watch the show without him, both because something huge will be missing I agree, and because I don't agree with them doing this.

Poor Alfie. I was slightly hopeful because of his interviews stressing he wanted to keep his job. But.. he'd already lost it.
I hope he gets something even better and bigger and can shove it to Pete.

I do think at this point that the baby will be Wes' Because then it'll open up more conflict with Laurel about keeping the baby because it's a piece of him.. them. But I don't know that the show will follow that through.

To get off the most important subject for a minute.. did anyone else catch that Laurel/Michaela kiss? Can they get together and raise the Weslaurel baby? I'm serious.. if it's Wes' I don't want the baby to call Frank it's dad.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Noooooo
Old 11-18-2016, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And Wes/Laurel.. I shipped these two from before they even kissed. I was so happy, and they were happy. And then the last moments they got were a fight? He died thinking that Laurel didn't love him, that she just wanted to fix him?
Same! What the hell is this. They have a beautiful friendship and now romance and were always there for each other, even when it wasn't romantic, and then he dies and they're mad at each other?! That is such BS. I hope we get a scene somehow in between their fight and his death where they makeup. Doubtful, but it truly pisses me off.

I love Wes as a character so much and truly think he was the heart of the show. He's how we were introduced to the show, his relationship then with Annalise, and Laurel, and his backstory and all he went through. It's really disappointing. I always loved his character.

I would have been the most upset if it was Laurel though because she's my favorite. I wanted Bonnie alive too and I did love Connor but he hasn't been as great lately. And weirdly, I've grown to Asher. Michaela is the only one where I think she could stay or go and I'd feel the same. She's just a really self-centered person.

My ideal choice would have been for Frank to die. He is such a toxic character though his relationship with Bonnie is interesting.

Ugh, I hate that the writers were just like ...yup, let's trick the fans and kill Wes. And it's like equally as shocking and non-shocking at the same time.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
My biggest issue is that Pete did this for the shock factor and to change the show or whatever. But he was a young black guy who went through so damn much, whose mother sacrificed her life, who only killed Sam in the defense of Rebecca.. he was a good guy. And it sucks that he was killed before he could have a life. Maybe none of the K5 will have a happy normal life, but damn Wes deserved to have more than death right now.
This is what upsets me the most too. If his interviews are anything to go by, it seems like he has not even fully considered what it means to create a young black character whose life is one tragedy after another crowned by death. He seems somewhat surprised that some people saw Wes as the moral centre of the show when he’s the one who’s written him as one the two central characters and made passion for justice one of his defining traits.

Quote:
This too. I’ve been so upset about Wes himself that it hasn’t fully settled for me that my otp for this show died too and in a rather frustrating way. I’ve shipped them from the beginning and was so happy last season when they started exploring them romantically. Only for them to end so quickly.
Quote:
I will continue out the season just to see the Wes conclusion but man, I'm so disappointed now. The show was up there for one my favs and now its gone. Wes was my favorite character so Im super upset about this.
Same here. I loved this show in general but Wes was my favorite. That he died and the way he died just ruined it all for me.

Quote:
To get off the most important subject for a minute.. did anyone else catch that Laurel/Michaela kiss? Can they get together and raise the Weslaurel baby? I'm serious.. if it's Wes' I don't want the baby to call Frank it's dad.
I wonder about this too. The scenario with Laurel/Micheala getting together and raising Wes and Laurel's baby would be one of the best things that could come out of all of terrible plots.

Also, while I was glad to see both Laurel/Micheala and Annalise/Bonnie kiss, I can't help but wonder if it was just for shock effect and/or fanservice and/or attempt softening the blow or a black protagonist dying by having two f/f kisses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I hope we get a scene somehow in between their fight and his death where they makeup. Doubtful, but it truly pisses me off.
I would love if we at least got a nicer last scene for them, but I'm keeping my expectation low.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Same! What the hell is this. They have a beautiful friendship and now romance and were always there for each other, even when it wasn't romantic, and then he dies and they're mad at each other?! That is such BS. I hope we get a scene somehow in between their fight and his death where they makeup. Doubtful, but it truly pisses me off.
Yep. I want badly for a scene where they were back on better terms, but I doubt it.

I don't know why they had to do that to Wes before they killed him. Like make him feel like before?

Quote:
I love Wes as a character so much and truly think he was the heart of the show. He's how we were introduced to the show, his relationship then with Annalise, and Laurel, and his backstory and all he went through. It's really disappointing. I always loved his character.
Pete even said he was the heart of the show, and he killed him.
Why the hell would you kill the heart of your show? Might work out fine for the rest of the season dealing with the grief of the others, but after that..?

Quote:
I would have been the most upset if it was Laurel though because she's my favorite. I wanted Bonnie alive too and I did love Connor but he hasn't been as great lately. And weirdly, I've grown to Asher. Michaela is the only one where I think she could stay or go and I'd feel the same. She's just a really self-centered person.
Laurel's my favourite too. (though Wes isn't too far behind) But I can't watch Laurel have to deal with losing Wes, and watching them put her back with Frank.
I would have been upset losing any of the K5, but Wes was just so.. Wes.

Quote:
My ideal choice would have been for Frank to die. He is such a toxic character though his relationship with Bonnie is interesting.
His relationships with Bonnie and Annalise are the most interesting for his character. But he should have been the one.

Quote:
Ugh, I hate that the writers were just like ...yup, let's trick the fans and kill Wes. And it's like equally as shocking and non-shocking at the same time.
I saw it coming, but it was a stupid move to kill this main character, so yeah shocking but not.

I hate that they tricked us in episode 7 with his flash forward. I'd convinced myself before that that he was the one, and then for a while I was relieved.
Did Pete address his "each episode we'll show you who isn't under the sheet" BS? I know some people were like.. well Laurel woke up so she's the alive one for that ep, and Meggy was the one for ep 4.
But that doesn't work because Meggy was never a contender/main character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
This is what upsets me the most too. If his interviews are anything to go by, it seems like he has not even fully considered what it means to create a young black character whose life is one tragedy after another crowned by death. He seems somewhat surprised that some people saw Wes as the moral centre of the show when he’s the one who’s written him as one the two central characters and made passion for justice one of his defining traits.

Quote:
This too. I’ve been so upset about Wes himself that it hasn’t fully settled for me that my otp for this show died too and in a rather frustrating way. I’ve shipped them from the beginning and was so happy last season when they started exploring them romantically. Only for them to end so quickly.
They were the best relationship on this show.
Apparently we can't have nice things.

Quote:
I wonder about this too. The scenario with Laurel/Micheala getting together and raising Wes and Laurel's baby would be one of the best things that could come out of all of terrible plots.

Also, while I was glad to see both Laurel/Micheala and Annalise/Bonnie kiss, I can't help but wonder if it was just for shock effect and/or fanservice and/or attempt softening the blow or a black protagonist dying by having two f/f kisses.
Yeah, I think at the least the Laurel/Michaela kiss was for that reason. They're never going to take them seriously, and Laurel will be back in the toxic mess of her and Frank in no time.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

I knew that it could be him, but damn, they really went there.. I was like wow.. Plus I feel like this show is all about him and Annalise, but now.. Sigh..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-18-2016, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I hope we get a scene somehow in between their fight and his death where they makeup. Doubtful, but it truly pisses me off.
I think there will be, I mean, she went into the house to see him right?

I must have missed the Michaela/Laurel kiss... I do not remember that.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think there will be, I mean, she went into the house to see him right?
She went because Annalise wanted to see them all there, and she was calling/texting Wes to see where he was at and telling him to go there. Though I'm not sure if he already had gone there at that point. I'm still not sure on the timeline.

It didn't seem like there was much time from when she went in the house to when it blew up, so I don't think so. Best bet is probably that they talked on the phone, but I'm not going to wish for something that might not happen. I'll just accept the crappiness they dealt with their last times talking, even though it breaks my heart more.

Quote:
I must have missed the Michaela/Laurel kiss... I do not remember that.
After Annalise is tells the class they all passed, they kissed.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Wes is the most complicated character of all the interns and now he's gone. I guess that means going forward none of the others are safe either Would have rather it been Frank at this point
Old 11-19-2016, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think they're going to start dropping more main characters any time soon. Wes was the only one who deserved to die, apparently.