View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Slayerette89
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
My biggest issue is that Pete did this for the shock factor and to change the show or whatever. But he was a young black guy who went through so damn much, whose mother sacrificed her life, who only killed Sam in the defense of Rebecca.. he was a good guy. And it sucks that he was killed before he could have a life. Maybe none of the K5 will have a happy normal life, but damn Wes deserved to have more than death right now.
This is what upsets me the most too. If his interviews are anything to go by, it seems like he has not even fully considered what it means to create a young black character whose life is one tragedy after another crowned by death. He seems somewhat surprised that some people saw Wes as the moral centre of the show when he’s the one who’s written him as one the two central characters and made passion for justice one of his defining traits.

Quote:
And Wes/Laurel.. I shipped these two from before they even kissed. I was so happy, and they were happy. And then the last moments they got were a fight? He died thinking that Laurel didn't love him, that she just wanted to fix him?
This too. I’ve been so upset about Wes himself that it hasn’t fully settled for me that my otp for this show died too and in a rather frustrating way. I’ve shipped them from the beginning and was so happy last season when they started exploring them romantically. Only for them to end so quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I will continue out the season just to see the Wes conclusion but man, I'm so disappointed now. The show was up there for one my favs and now its gone. Wes was my favorite character so Im super upset about this.
Same here. I loved this show in general but Wes was my favorite. That he died and the way he died just ruined it all for me.

Quote:
To get off the most important subject for a minute.. did anyone else catch that Laurel/Michaela kiss? Can they get together and raise the Weslaurel baby? I'm serious.. if it's Wes' I don't want the baby to call Frank it's dad.
I wonder about this too. The scenario with Laurel/Micheala getting together and raising Wes and Laurel's baby would be one of the best things that could come out of all of terrible plots.

Also, while I was glad to see both Laurel/Micheala and Annalise/Bonnie kiss, I can't help but wonder if it was just for shock effect and/or fanservice and/or attempt softening the blow or a black protagonist dying by having two f/f kisses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I hope we get a scene somehow in between their fight and his death where they makeup. Doubtful, but it truly pisses me off.
I would love if we at least got a nicer last scene for them, but I'm keeping my expectation low.