Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

I'm happy we now have offical word. I was starting to get worried. Now, I just have to impatiently wait until the new season starts.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

We should find out tomorrow what time slot it will have. I'm still hoping for a post-Gilmore Girls slot even though that show is facing a lot of challenges next season. It's managed to provide a solid lead-in to every show that's followed it regardless of how incompatible the match so I'm hoping it does the same for Veronica Mars.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, im hearing a rumore that GG only got picked up for 13 eps with the option of adding the last 9 on if they can come to a deal.

If there is only 13 it will suck
Old 05-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, but even if it doesn't get picked up for a full season it will probably be decent.

Hignlander only got half a season in its final year, and had some good episodes.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

The CW Television Network

The CW site is up complete with fall schedule. Veronica Mars is on Tuesdays at 9pm following Gilmore Girls. The VM page is here.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Hmm... they don't have much on the VM site. Or am I missing it? And the description they have isn't that updated. You'd think they would try to launch the new network with updated information.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Most of the shows have just finished so that's probably all they have until the shows provide them with updated info for the next season. I guess it's better to be outdated than wrong.

I loved the UPN VM site so I hope they eventually have that level of info available. They had videos, photos, episode clips, and lots of info on the characters. Right now it's more along the WB level of info - show summary and a picture.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
Most of the shows have just finished so that's probably all they have until the shows provide them with updated info for the next season. I guess it's better to be outdated than wrong.

Actually, all the WB shows last year had little descriptions/about 2 paragraph worth of a preview for the year to come. The execs/producers usually have an idea of where the show will go because usually when a show is up for renewall they need to "sell" or give a strong case for whats to come in the new season if its picked up.

I know using an example of what the WB has done in the past isn't the same since The CW isn't the WB. But they are half owned by them. So it isn't hard to believe they could have had some newer information.

This is especially true for Veronica Mars since most of that description talks about her being in High School and the things that go on there... but VM won't be in high school any more.

ETA: Wasn't CC at the upfronts last year? She wasn't there this year though, right? Maybe she was too busy making the ABC family movie in Canada. Hopefully it isn't any indication of anything else!

Last edited by ~*Magical*~; 05-20-2006 at 08:14 PM
Old 05-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Magical*~
ETA: Wasn't CC at the upfronts last year? She wasn't there this year though, right? Maybe she was too busy making the ABC family movie in Canada. Hopefully it isn't any indication of anything else!
I don't think she was at the upfronts last year. She was at the San Diego Comic Con with the show over the summer. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Old 05-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
I don't think she was at the upfronts last year. She was at the San Diego Comic Con with the show over the summer. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Well she was at something last year where she was dressed really nice and so was Kristin Bell and there were several pics of them together. I dont think that was at the SD Comic Con though because I know she was dressed more casual there and a lot of the other cast was there as well.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Are you thinking of the UPN Stars Party?
Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Yep! Thats it. When did they have that party?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

It was on July 21st, probably right before they started shooting the second season.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

I don't think the first pic does her justice, but I do love the way she looks with Kristin.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

As Seen On My TV
Quote:
Next up was Jason Dohring, who I actually had an actual conversation with, albeit a short one. Jason talked about possibly doing Broadway (!) and that Charisma Carpenter would definitely be back next season, if only to tie up the mystery of what's in the briefcase.
We've been speculating that Kendall would be back based on the finale but I think this is the first confirmation from someone with the show.