Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Kendall Casablancas - Discussion Thread - (Spoilers of aired episodes only!)

Rules:
  • No Charisma/Kendall bashing. This is an appreciation thread.
  • Lurkers and newbies please come out and post, we'd love to hear from you. Everyone is welcome. The more, the merrier!
  • Post away! Feel free to post links, fic recs, songs, quotes, pics, etc.

Kendall Fans
~1Nerenafan
~2MelBelle2
~3awakeningjenny
~4I_Love_JennaJameson

*Original first post*
The new season of Veronica Mars starts tonight with "Normal is the Watchword" which will introduce us to Charisma's character, Kendall Casablancas. Use this thread to discuss the episode and her character. Spoiler tags aren't necessary for anything that appears in this episode. If you'd like to remain spoiler free, I suggest you avoid this thread until you've seen the episode.

From UPN:
Quote:
After the summer fireworks caused by a dangerous confrontation with Lilly Kane's murderer and a surprising visitor at her door, Veronica attempts to settle into "normal" life, complete with a new after-school job and a return to the popular fold at Neptune High, but she gets pulled back into the investigation business when Wallace is kicked off the basketball team for testing positive for drugs.

Meanwhile, Keith sits down with reporter Julie Chen (guest starring as herself) to discuss his new book on the Lilly Kane murder, "Big Murder, Small Town." Later, after seeing his father arrested for murder and being charged and tried for murder himself, Logan seeks refuge from the paparazzi and relaxes poolside at the Casablancas mansion with buddies Dick and "Beaver" and their sexy stepmother Kendall (guest star Charisma Carpenter).

Last edited by ~MelBelle~; 03-30-2009 at 09:58 PM
Old 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I cannot wait for the new season to start! And to see Charisma in something new!

But I'm going to be out tonight and will have to record it. And avoid spoilers at all costs!

Can't wait to discuss this episode!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

That was one action-packed episode. I'm glad I recorded it because I definitely need to watch it again. Charisma was fantastic. One of my favorite lines of the night: "Make it yourself, kid. Do I look like a cook?"
Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the episode. Though I must admit that I favor Logan/Veronica so that was a downer. But this show isn't all about ships for me.

The new mystery with the bus crash seems like it will be an interesting one. Just seeing the destruction of the bus was hard to see. I could just imagine that happening to me when I used to ride a bus.

Charisma didn't have a whole lot to do. But I loved that line too. Kind of sick that Dick was also checking her out though since she is his stepmom. And I just knew that Logan would be hooking up w/ her. Though it too made me shudder a little bit. Hopefully she gets more to do in the future episodes.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

I really dislike Veronica and Duncan together. He's so dull and he seems to suck the life out of her. The way she was hanging on his arm at the baseball field bugged me. I understand why they broke up Logan and Veronica but I wish they had left her single.

I thought Gia's outfit speech at the field was cute but her scene at the crash site fell flat. The addition of Dick and Beaver didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I love Wallace. He's like the best TV best friend ever. The lunch scene with Veronica was so cute. I want a Wallace. Everyone should have a Wallace.

Logan is so totally screwed up. I can't wait to see where they take his character. I saw the Logan/Kendall hookup coming too but it didn't bother me. The character is only supposed to be in her mid-twenties so the age difference isn't that big and there are no biological ties with any other characters. It seemed like Kendall's only purpose in this episode was to be introduced. Considering where the character left off and that she's in the previews for the next episode, we'll probably see more of her then. So far Charisma seems to be in episodes 1 to 3 and episode 9; that's four of her at least six episodes. I hope she sticks around longer.

When I watched last night it seemed like something was missing. I thought it might just be because the timeline jumped around so much so I rewatched it. I think what felt off to me was that some of the things from last season that I associate with the show weren't there. Mars Investigations didn't show up but hopefully that will only be temporary. We also didn't see Veronica's car. She spent so much time driving around or doing stakeouts in that car last season that it seemed odd to not at least see it parked somewhere.

Overall I didn't love the episode but I think it worked as a recap of last season for new viewers and a setup for this season. I was surprised not to see Dick Sr. since he was in a couple of the promo pics with Charisma. Hopefully, we'll get to see Kendall interact with characters outside her house. Can you imagine her at a PTA meeting or pep club bake sale?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

I think a lot of people were disapointed with it. There was something missing. I can't put my finger on it either. We did get the great Veronica/Wallace scenes and Veronica/Kieth scenes.

But there was just so much that happened and most of it was told in flashbacks. I think we weren't allowed to experience it with as much emotional attachment as we might have been if we had seen all that stuff unfold throughout episodes. I didn't feel like Veronica was ever really into a relationship with Logan in the flashbacks. Since the Duncan/Veronica stuff had present day things it felt more real. But I too don't like them together. I think it is the actor who plays Duncan. Nothing against him, but he just doesn't have a lot of spirit to him. All last season I thought he was the weakest actor on the show. And they did give some life to him towards the later half of season 1 with his emotional outbursts. But I still think he often comes off flat.

How interesting was it that Lilly's ghost or the imagination of her is what led Veronica away from getting on the bus? Without that she wouldn't have seen Weevil and she wouldn't have missed the bus.

I can't really fault Logan for hooking up with Kendall. She is a beautiful young woman. And it isn't like he should feel any "problems" with it because of Veronica since she ran off only a few weeks later to get back together with Duncan.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

I think the episode would have been better if they'd removed the Veronica/Duncan stuff. How creepy is it that he spent every day at her workplace over the summer? Even though he knew she was dating Logan. I still can't get past him sleeping with Veronica when he thought she was his sister. I don't think it matters that they found out later that they weren't related. As far as he knew at the time, she was his sister and he slept with her anyway.

Actions aside, I agree that it's the acting that ruins the character. In the scene before he and Veronica get on the bus there's a great West Side Story reference when they're talking to Logan but the line just fell flat. Duncan has much more screentime than Weevil but leaves less of an impression. I remember Weevil's scenes but all the Duncan stuff kind of fades into the background for me.

The way Veronica broke up with Logan seemed pretty harsh to me. If I've got the timeline right, I wonder if she was already thinking of getting back together with Duncan pre-breakup. If this relationship goes on much longer, they're really going to have to deal with the stuff from last season. Did we get any scenes of Veronica by herself? Last season there were a lot of scenes of her doing things while a voice-over was running. There were lots of voice-overs but I don't remember Veronica ever being alone. I miss independent Veronica.

I was disappointed with the episode but I wasn't disappointed that I was disappointed, if that makes any sense, because I didn't love the pilot last year and almost didn't keep watching, especially when I found out Paris Hilton was in the second episode. I did keep watching though and the show just go so much better as the season when on. I caught the pilot again over the summer and really enjoyed it. I think there was just so much happening in this episode that I need to see how things play out a bit before I can really enjoy the setup.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

I disagree that the episode was disappointing. I am newcomer to Veronica, so I didn't have a lot of expectations. Charisma looked gorgeous although I hope her character isn't Cordelia-esque. Anyways, I wasn't expecting the end at all!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Hottest. Stepmom. Ever.

That is all.

Ok, i lied. Also, Veronica/Duncun = tarded. THAT is all.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Total Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. It was a great start to the season and I like the 'mystery of the season' already. Can't wait to find out more about it! I might be the only one who couldn't care less about Veronica/Logan or any other ship on this show for that matter.

Charisma didn't have a lot to do in this episode but my lord she is so beautiful! Hopefully, in future episodes she will have more screentime.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Any thoughts on the latest episode? We got to see a bit more of Charisma and she was even wearing clothes in one of the scenes. Beaver is definitely onto her. I don't really like the new girl. I understand why they felt the need to add another girl to the show but I don't understand why they made her a regular right away. I loved Wallace having his own case, though. The bit with the reporter's note pad was quick-thinking on his part.

I hope Charisma's role gets larger soon. In her first two episodes she's had screentime and character development like she did on her first two episodes of Charmed.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Next week's ep should be really interesting. Beaver hires Veronica to find out who Kendall is sleeping with. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they figure it out.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

UPN has started posting the opening scene of the next episode the day after a new episode airs. For anyone that's interested, you can watch it here. It's a streaming video and you need Real Player to view it.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

I just got to watch the newest episode.

I haven't been too impressed with Charisma's character so far. It makes me wonder why they even have her. I hope it has something to do with the overall arc in some way. Although I must say the Kendall/Logan sex scene was impressive. But I could have done w/o finding out that they were also the ones who were next door to Duncan's hotel room. What are the chances??

And she shouldn't be messing with Beaver. I love him. So thats just wrong. What's up with his dad treating him like that anyways?

So far I haven't liked this season of VM as much as I did last season. I hope it starts to heat up soon. But for some reason something seems off.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Magical*~
I just got to watch the newest episode.

I haven't been too impressed with Charisma's character so far. It makes me wonder why they even have her. I hope it has something to do with the overall arc in some way. Although I must say the Kendall/Logan sex scene was impressive. But I could have done w/o finding out that they were also the ones who were next door to Duncan's hotel room. What are the chances??

And she shouldn't be messing with Beaver. I love him. So thats just wrong. What's up with his dad treating him like that anyways?

So far I haven't liked this season of VM as much as I did last season. I hope it starts to heat up soon. But for some reason something seems off.
I'm hoping it's just a temp case of season two syndrome. it happens to a lot of shows that become hits (cult or mainstream) during their first season. It should clear up relatively soon...I hope.