Works for me too. My three are; Rose, Katie and Mickala
Old 08-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

CORDELIA! lol jks erm Cameron, samantha and Eliza
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Catherine and Courtney are my choices.

I've posted the poll here. In case of a tie, I'll post another poll to break it. Why don't we let the poll run until this weekend so more people have a chance to vote?

In the meantime, we can move on to the other characters. I don't think we ever decided how many siblings she's going to have or who the other characters will be. Any thoughts?

ETA: If the poll doesn't work for you, just leave a comment to the post.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Voted and moving on....

Siblings: I personally can see her as the youngest sister. Whether or not the youngest child, I don't know. Her character has to have a brother. I hadn't really thought about the number of siblings that she would have, but we know it has to be kind of a large family if we're going to have them all coming around and bugging her and such.

Best Friend/Stay at Home Mom: Love this character already and we haven't even named her. She's the one I think we would all like to see HMC in the role.

Editor/Love Interest: Hadn't really given any kind of thought to this. Will work on that.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Well i think she should have a younger sister who looks up to her sister?

the thing wouldnt work so im gonna vote here my vote is Courtney
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

I like the idea of someone in the family looking up to her but I think it might work better if it was a niece instead of a sister. Maybe she's about twelve years old and the daughter of the oldest sibling? As far as siblings go I'm thinking about an older brother, two older sisters, and maybe a younger brother. At least one of the older siblings would probably be married or divorced with maybe another one engaged. The youngest brother could still be in school. If we're making Charisma's character in her early thirties, then it's possible her younger brother would still be in graduate school. Maybe it would be easier to develop the siblings if we start thinking of actors to play them.

I definitely see Holly Marie Combs as the best friend. She's a stay at home mom, but I don't think she'd have a new baby. Maybe a 1 year old and a 3 year old or twins. I just see her having more than one child.

I'd never considered the Editor as a love interest because I've always assumed the character was a woman but I think the editor being a man has potential. I thought her love interest was going to be her guy friend and possible landlord. Are we going with the converted house as her residence with him living on the lower floor?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Extreme Fan

wot about she has a malr friend that she has known all her life and he really likes her but she dosent realise and we see him ewatch her get closer to her love interest who ever that may be.
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
I like the idea of someone in the family looking up to her but I think it might work better if it was a niece instead of a sister. Maybe she's about twelve years old and the daughter of the oldest sibling? As far as siblings go I'm thinking about an older brother, two older sisters, and maybe a younger brother. At least one of the older siblings would probably be married or divorced with maybe another one engaged. The youngest brother could still be in school. If we're making Charisma's character in her early thirties, then it's possible her younger brother would still be in graduate school. Maybe it would be easier to develop the siblings if we start thinking of actors to play them.

I definitely see Holly Marie Combs as the best friend. She's a stay at home mom, but I don't think she'd have a new baby. Maybe a 1 year old and a 3 year old or twins. I just see her having more than one child.

I'd never considered the Editor as a love interest because I've always assumed the character was a woman but I think the editor being a man has potential. I thought her love interest was going to be her guy friend and possible landlord. Are we going with the converted house as her residence with him living on the lower floor?
I still like the idea of having the love interest as the landlord/friend owning the apartment she's in and such. In fact, it's probably better than the editor for the love interest. But maybe she could also have an intern at the publishing house that has a crush on her as well, making her life just a bit more complicated, hence adding to the comedy of it.

HMC would be a definite in the role of the best friend. I don't think there's anyone else that would really 'fit' in the role that we have envisioned. I can a baby, and possibly a toddler or two for her children. Oh, and we have to give her a husband. (Duh, Jill-Renay goes dumb for a moment)

As for a younger brother, that would be ideal. For the role, maybe Sam Page? haven't thought about the older brother yet.

Oh and some sister choices: Chantille Boudousque, Julie Ann Emery

And just on a side note, I so think we should cast Mary Tyler Moore as her mom. They look so much alike! And we know for a fact that CC could pull off a MTM moment or two. Anyone else?

beautiful creatures
Old 08-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

I had the day off work and decided to catch up on chores around the house. I got bored waiting for the washer to finish and decided to kill time by making a site for the show. You can see it here. It's pretty sparse at the moment but I'll fill stuff in as we decide on things. I thought it would help us keep track of all the details and give us a place to put character photos and bios. The header is temporary; once we decide on the cast I'll make a new header using photos of the actors.

I love the idea of having Mary Tyler Moore in the cast. She's perfect as CC's mom. The age difference also works with where we have CC's character in the sibling order. What about Dick Van Dyke for the dad? The actors you suggested for siblings look like they could be related to CC but I'm not familiar with any of them.

If we go with a woman for the editor, then I'd like to suggest Wendie Malick. She'd be fabulous trading barbs with CC. I like the idea of it being an intern that is interested in CC's character as opposed to it being the actual editor. For the love interest, I like elizas_dude's suggestion of CC's character being unaware of his interest in her. Either that or she has an idea but doesn't want to chance losing his friendship if the relationship doesn't work out. Maybe this leads to her finally accepting a date with the intern.

Since we've decided on Holly Marie Combs as the best friend I think it's time we gave her a name. I think she'd work well as a Samantha but that's on the list for CC's character. Her husband could be unseen. Maybe he's required to travel a lot which is what led to HMC's character deciding to be a stay at home mom. We can always cast him later in the series. He'll still need a name, though. What about Jack? I don't really have any ideas for their last name at the moment.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The site looks great Rachel! I love it. If you want, I could also whip a graphic up on the computer tonight and send it over to you as well. I love making graphics...especially with Charisma. I may even have a brainstorm of the first promo picture. ;D

And Dick Van Dyke for her Dad...I hadn't really thought of it, but he does fit. I mean could you imagine if on The Dick Van Dyke show if they had had a little girl, that would so be Charisma. Anyhow, that's me rambling... I like him for the Dad. For siblings, I would like to see Sam Page as the brother. He looks so much like her it isn't funny and the age is right too. Tonight, I'll have to scavenger for some older (a little bit, not a lot) actors/actresses for more options as to the sibling roles.

Possible names for parents: (staying true to year which they might have been born in)
Mom (1948?): Linda, Carol, Mary, Karen, Sandra, Sharon, Donna, Susan, Barbara, Margret, Betty, Anna
Dad (1947?): James, Robert, William, Richard, Michael, Thomas, David, Daniel, Edward, Dennis, Paul

For HMC's role and name....I can actually see her as a Rachel. I think the name fits her and the character that we have so far, made for her. I also like the names Lisa, Sara, Amy or even Emily. Of course, I'm also trying to stay true to the years which she would've been born too.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrenay
If you want, I could also whip a graphic up on the computer tonight and send it over to you as well. I love making graphics...especially with Charisma. I may even have a brainstorm of the first promo picture. ;D
That would be great! Send anything you make to silversonnet@att.net and I'll put it up on the site.

For the parents, I like the names Sharon, Margaret, or Anna for the mom and James, Daniel, or Edward for the father. Sam Page works for me as the youngest brother. Now he needs a name. What about Christopher?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Christopher. It fits with the years in which he might have been born in. I like Anna for the mom and Daniel for the dad. We have any potentials for the sisters?

Oh, and I will whip up some graphics up tonight. My mom is officially off the main computer in which I have my PS on, so it's mine tonight. YAY!

beautiful creatures
Old 08-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

You had mentioned Julia Lee as one of the sisters earlier. She could work. She and CC have similar facial structures and I bought CC and Heather Locklear as sisters on LAX so the blonde thing isn't a big deal. A lot of siblings have different coloring and we could look for a blonde to play the oldest brother so the difference isn't so glaring. I don't know which sister she'd play, though. Maybe the one that's married with children? She has a nurturing vibe to her.

What about Courteney Cox for the other sister? She looks like she fits on that family tree and she'd be great as the more career-minded sister. Her character in Scream was career driven.

I added Anna, Daniel, and Christopher to the site. I'll put up pictures for the guys later. I think we need some sort of catch phrase or blurb to use on some of the promos. How about this?
Quote:
What do you do when you've lived your whole life by the book, then realize you're still waiting for your happy ending? [Charisma's character] Woodson is about to find out.
It's kind of rough and a bit long but you get the basic idea.

Name update: With 5 people having voted, Courtney is currently leading in the poll; it's the only name so far to get multiple votes.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the tagline. It works really well with the idea we've come up with. I forgot to tell you too, but I like Wendie Malick as the editor. She's sassy and fun and would be great as CC's editor. Names! We are so lost with names, aren't we?

I tried searching for an older brother for CC, but so far have come up with nothing. I can't even picture what her older brother would look like much less be named or called. Anyone else in this boat with me?

For HMC's character, I can see her as an Amy with two, maybe three children. Her husband is a financial consultant who works for a firm that has him handling direct sales, so this is why he's flying all over the country and trying to get people to invest in fidelity funds and such...prepare for their futures. (Can you tell that I was really bored at work today during the afternoon?) This has "Amy" worrying for her husband's safety, because he is on a plane all the time and not at home. We could ahve her being an ex-flight attendant and such and that's where she met him..got married...had kids....

Landlord/Best Friend/Love interest: I love love love love love love Drew Fuller. But I figure that since he portrayed HMC's future son Chris on Charmed, he's out. Even though he's yummy. So...second choices (and third and fourth): Tyler Christopher, Scott Speedman, Scott Roman, Matthew Davis, Shea Wingham, Adam Baldwin.

Intern who has a giant crush on CC: Kyle Howard, Kaj Erik Eriksen, Tanc Sade, Alan Loayza, Ethan Cohn.

beautiful creatures