Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Create a show for Charisma

The purpose of this thread is to create a show for Charisma to star in. I saw this idea, which originated on the Nick Wechsler board, on the James Marsters board and thought it would work well here.

Since her son was born Charisma has put her focus on finding a half-hour sitcom so she can be a hands-on mother. Unfortunately, the televison landscape is in a comedy downswing so it hasn't happened yet but I thought it would be fun to create the kind of show we'd like to see her in.

We'll come up with a premise and title for the show, a description and name for her character, supporting characters, episode ideas and plotlines, and anything else we think we need. We can create the show bit by bit and focus on one aspect each week or so. The logical place to start would probably be with the premise of the show and how her character fits in.

What does everyone think?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I think that this is an awesome idea.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad you like it. Any ideas about what kind of show you'd like to see her in?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Extreme Fan

kwl idea! i would like to see her as a cop!
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this idea. I had an idea a while back and pictured her in the title role. I say we go all the way and write a pilot.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

I love the idea of writing the pilot! What was your idea, jillrenay?

Personally, I'd like to see her play a character with some sort of career. I really enjoyed her characters in See Jane Date and Miss Match so something along those lines where we could see her at work and at home would be great. It'd have to be something light-hearted since this is supposed to be a comedy. Maybe she owns or runs some kind of store? Or she could be a novelist that has to deal with her publisher and agent while trying to escape from family and friends long enough to actually write?

If we can decide on actual actors to play the supporting characters and a theme song, maybe someone could make a credits sequence video to go along with it when we're done.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Or she could be a novelist that has to deal with her publisher and agent while trying to escape from family and friends long enough to actually write?
I love this idea. Also think that the character should come from a big family with alot of siblings.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the idea I first wrote about was a vet that had just opened her own business after being fired from a hot-shot vet hospital. But I like the sounds of that novelist idea a whole lot better. And I can imagine that big family. I had always thought that Charisma and Julia Lee (she played Anne on Angel & Buffy) would make perfect sister candidates. There are just so many things that Charisma could play....tough decision

beautiful creatures
Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I like the idea of her character being from a big family. She could have trouble finding time to write because her family drops by unannounced all the time. Maybe they have the attitude that because she's not punching a time card she's alway free to visit with them. If that's the case, then she'd need a place to escape to.

I'd love to see Holly Marie Combs in this. She could play the best friend of Charisma's character. Maybe she's a stay at home mom so she understands about people thinking that if you aren't going to an office you're not really working so she lets CC's character hide out at her house sometimes. I have an image in my head of Charisma sitting in a treehouse with her laptop and a juice box.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HMC would go perfect! And we could bring Finley on with her! I think the novelist idea is the way to go. I can imagine her still up in the middle of the night in bed with Oreos and her face illuminated by the light of a laptop. Hey, I know that from somewhere -- oh yea, it's me. I like this idea a lot.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

If we've decided on a premise, then I guess we should start hammering out the details about her character. What's her name? Is she single, married, divorced, or widowed? Does she have any children? Who are the family members we'll be dealing with? What kind of novels does she write? How established is she in her career?

I think she'd have to fairly successful for the premise of her working full-time as a writer to be plausible. I had an idea about her writing a series of novels about one character kind of like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books or Particia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series. We could go with the angle that she wants to branch out and do something new and her publishers love the idea as long as she does something that's exactly like what she's already doing because that's a proven success. So in a way, she'd have some success under her belt but would also be starting fresh.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, let me think. Since the character would be starting fresh -- I can see that her first or possibly second novels sold but didn't do a stellar of a performance. And to re-invent herself, she starts fresh and goes into a different genre like mystery, suspense, memoirs or something like that. I could see her character writing mystery novels like Sue Grafton. I love that series. Cooking up recipes for murder and letting the heroine shine when she solves the case. And the family....it's gotta be big. At least three siblings with tons of nieces and nephews. Oh, and they're always calling her to babysit becuase "she doesn't have a job". I don't think she would have any children herself or be married but I can see a boyfriend in the horizon or a really good guy friend that she vents to along with the stay at home mom that she crashes with. The really good guy friend could be a neighbor or maybe the landlord in her apartment building. Now only if we can find a good name..... Lindsay, Christine, Lauren, Gloria, Gabrielle, Eva, Taryn.... I don't know about the names. Anyone else?

beautiful creatures
Old 08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

She could have started out as a children's or young adult author and wants to move into adult fiction. That could explain her basically having to start her career over again since it's a different audience and market. I like the idea of her writing mysteries. We could have a joke in there somewhere about her being able to create a murderer that eludes the heroine of her novel for four hundred pages but she can't manage to hide from her family for a few hours.

Family-wise, I was thinking she could have two sisters and a brother. One sister could be kind of flighty with a lot of kids that she drops off unannounced. The other could be an attorney or businesswoman, maybe following in their mother's footsteps. Her brother could be her favorite relative because he lives on the other side of the country and rarely visits. I kind of see her mother as the woman that managed to do it all - she raised four kids while moving full-steam ahead in her career and doesn't understand why everyone doesn't want that. Since CC's character doesn't have the high-powered career or the family, maybe her mother just doesn't know how to relate to her. I'm not sure about her dad. Maybe he's more the laid-back type, the kind of guy that likes to go fishing with his buddies and tells stories about other fishing trips. That could be where CC's character gets her story-telling ability.

For her name, I was thinking it should be something long like Samantha or Catherine that her family insists on shortening into a really annoying nickname. I do really like Lauren, though.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We are so on a roll here. I like the transition into adult fiction, it's hard, I know. I think we could possibly have one more sibling in there, make someone the middle child. There are more jokes when there's a middle child. As for names, Lauren would be good, I can see her as a Lauren. But to extend it, we could do Laurette, Lynette, Laurelle, something like that. The possibilities are endless. I'll think of more things tonight.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

I'd love to see her in a comedy. That is the perfect venue for her. But I'd like to see it be something that is both comedic and dramatic. You know, something like Miss Match was or Gilmore Girls. Something that is often times funny but can also be touching and dramatic.

And I love the idea of once we create a show we could make a intro clip thing. Though I have no experience with that type of thing.