Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

I loved Miss Match. I'm still bummed it got cancelled. All kinds of cancelled shows are turning up on DVD so maybe we'll eventually be able to see the remaining episodes. That show was such a great fit for Charisma's talents. She's perfect for a dramedy. Even though it's never officially been done in a half-hour format it's possible. Over the years Friends had a lot of storylines that weren't straight comedy and they were usually the more successful ones.

For the name, what do you think of Elizabeth? There are a ton of nicknames associated with it. She could prefer Beth but her family could insist on calling her Lizzie. And what about Woodson or Woodman for the last name? It's kind of a pun; carpenters work with wood.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the name Elisabeth. I can see her family insisting on calling her Bitty or Elle or something along those lines. And Woodson goes great with Elisabeth. I like it.

I've always been a big fan of the name Carrington. I don't know why, I just think it's very pretty. For short, she could go by Carrie or Cary. I don't really have a bad shortened nickname for that though.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

for a namee i think something like Samantha
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I thought I’d do a recap of what we’ve discussed to keep everything straight. Let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.

Basic Premise: Charisma’s character is a novelist looking to change the focus of her career. She achieved moderate success as the author of a few young adult novels but would like to move into the realm of adult fiction with a series of mysteries. Complicating this is an editor skeptical about the switch and a family that won’t leave her alone, forcing her to find various ways to escape them so she can write.

Characters: (so far)
Charisma’s character
Her best friend
Her editor
Her family – The Woodsons
Mother
Father
Brothers (?)
Sisters (2?)
Nieces and nephews (it’s a mob)
Her landlord?

Setting:
Still undecided

Possible names for Charisma’s character: Lindsay, Christine, Lauren, Gloria, Gabrielle, Eva, Taryn, Samantha, Catherine, Elizabeth

For the character's residence, an old converted house might work. I have a friend that lives in an old Victorian that was converted into two large apartments. The lower floor is one apartment with the entrance in front while the upper floor is a second apartment with the entrance on the side. We could put Charisma's character on the upper floor and her landlord could live on the bottom floor. Maybe he's someone she knew from high school or college that inherited the house and did the conversion himself. I'm thinking he could be an architecht or in construction so he makes pretty good money and keeps the rent cheap. That might help explain how Charisma's character can afford to write without also having a full-time job. We'll probably have to give her some kind of job though. Maybe she works in a bookstore or does freelance articles for the local paper.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

her editor could be a love interest?????
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Her editor or publisher could be a love interest. I could see her going to his office and another editor or intern hitting on her and such. And to top it all off with her family, they could also be trying to set her up with every single guy that they know of.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Extreme Fan

kwl kwl. I think she should be unlucky in love at first maybe this guy keeps messing her around.
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Extreme Fan

btw shutterbug579 u said someone could make credits i love making credits and would love to do them if ya want me 2.
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could help too with making TV Guide promos and such.

beautiful creatures
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizas_dude
btw shutterbug579 u said someone could make credits i love making credits and would love to do them if ya want me 2.
That would be great. Thanks so much for offering.

After we flesh out the characters, I was thinking we could pick real actors for the parts. I can totally see Holly Marie Combs as the best friend and possibly Wendie Malick as her mom. I don't know anything about video making so I don't know if this is possible but maybe there's a way to take still photos and transition them together so one flows to the next. I guess I'm thinking of something along the lines of the early Designing Women credits with the original cast if you're familiar with them. I guess we'll have to decide on a theme song for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrenay
I could help too with making TV Guide promos and such.
TV Guide promos never even occured to me but I love the idea. Are you thinking of something along the lines of the See Jane Date promo where Charisma is holding the flower and all the dates are lined up below to advertise the show or promos like they do to promote individual episodes?
Old 08-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Extreme Fan

i have an idea but wot ill do is like make a couple and then we can decide on the best. so sugeestions everyone wen is the characters name going to be dicided?
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

We decided on Woodson for the last name and I think we have a clear enough picture of the character to be able to give her a first name. Here's the list of names that have been suggested. Feel free to discuss the options or put in a vote for your favorite.

Possible names for Charisma’s character:
Lindsay
Christine
Lauren
Gloria
Gabrielle
Eva
Taryn
Samantha
Catherine
Elizabeth
Old 08-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I really like the names Eva and Gabrielle (maybe Elle for short?)
Old 08-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

i still like samantha but i also like lauran.
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
We decided on Woodson for the last name and I think we have a clear enough picture of the character to be able to give her a first name. Here's the list of names that have been suggested. Feel free to discuss the options or put in a vote for your favorite.

Possible names for Charisma’s character:
Lindsay
Christine
Lauren
Gloria
Gabrielle
Eva
Taryn
Samantha
Catherine
Elizabeth
Personally, I like Lauren and Christine or maybe even Taryn or Carrington. And just because I'm crazy and obsessed, I looked each one of the names up to see just exactly what they did mean. So here's that list:

Lindsay: pool island; linden island
Christine: Christ-bearer
Lauren: Crowned with Laurel
Gloria: glory; Give praise with grace
Gabrielle: God is my strength
Eva: life
Taryn: queen
Samantha: listens well
Catherine: pure
Elizabeth: Consecrated to God; God's Oath
Carrington: beautiful
Rachel: little lamb, an ewe, one with purity

* I used shutterbug's name too. Rachel would be a good name for Charisma. I could see her playing a Rachel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
TV Guide promos never even occured to me but I love the idea. Are you thinking of something along the lines of the See Jane Date promo where Charisma is holding the flower and all the dates are lined up below to advertise the show or promos like they do to promote individual episodes?
Yeah, something like that. I'm writing a fantasy Season 6 of Angel right now where Cordelia and Fred are back in it and have made a promo for each episode. The album for that is here.

beautiful creatures