Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa, the general episode discussion thread is probably not the best place to post that pic spam. You might want to move it to the Clois thread.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Does anyone knows where I can find the screencaps of the episode?

♥ Charlie/Claire ♥ Clark/Lois ♥ Navid/Adrianna ♥ Landry/Tyra ♥ Chuck/Blair ♥
TouTou07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Indeed Rach you're right . I'll remove it.

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Got so involved with grey's and 24 this week almost forgot to remark on last nights show.

Very happy to see Lois back ,I still think Erica had a nose job ...Hey i love Erica it is my Hd working giving me more definition plus i haven't seen her on TV since November...

I only wish she could have held onto the secret and kept all the acclaim. Also Torrie Speling is bad, as a actress, so glad it was a short one episode visit and now dead .

it was nice to see that Clark got to see what would happen if he went public and how bad it got for all those around him.

Obviously we are shooting for a end of season final showdown between Davis and "superman" It did take me a few min to understand ,when Clark went back to the past how it changed everything including Lois and Chloe knowing and telling him Davis was Doomsday .

based on the preview will clark fly or leap .........

Welcome Back clois and welcome back Smallvile
Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Copy/pasting from my LJ.

Good episode.
I expected it to be bigger, different, not sure what exactly. But still, it delivered.

1) Clark.
I love that he didn't let Linda blackmail him and came out on his own terms.
I love that he went to Lois, the best reporter he knows, to tell his story.
I LOVED the scene outside the Daily Planet, after the story was published, when everyone cheered. And the little kid in "Clark outfit". Hee. Adorable. I always love it when Clark gets to see he's appreciated.
Of course, it didn't last long. But he handled it all so well, like when Homeland Security started shooting at him.
Good use of Legion ring. Bonus point for not even considering "oh, there's this ex I have, and since I'm turning back time, I could go back before things went wrong with her." It just proves that Clark finally let go, even though it wasn't under terms most of us would have preferred.
I'm glad he realized how dangerous that ring can be, especially if it gets into the wrong hands, like it almost did, and he destroyed it. I'm sure it would be useful in the future, but this episode once again proved that time reversal has consequences, and it's nice to see Clark has learned his Reckoning lesson.
He dealt with Linda in a good way. Two thumbs up for not killing her (you're never sure with these writers).
Yay for picking Lois up on time the second time.
And though I'm sure there was a more adult way of handling that last scene, I'm happy with his decision. But more on that in Clois part of review.

2) Lois.
It's so great to have her back!!
I was hoping we'd see her pissed at Clark, and they delivered.
"What's that noise?" Mwah. Love it. I cracked up so much. Probably because I used that line in the past. *smirk*
I loved her initial reaction to Clark telling her the truth. How she started laughing first, because yes - it is kinda hilarious to think Clark Kent of all people is a superhero with superpowers, if you don't know he's an alien.
Loved the awe after he showed her his powers and caught her.
Loved how she first wanted to know who else knows, but switched fast into full reporter mode and wanted to know about everything he can do.
I laughed at how she put her hands protectively in front of her breasts after he said that he can see through solid objects! lol
And most of all, I love how she wasn't freaked out at all, and just really accepting, and then later on supportive.
LOVED the "Oh Hell NO!" and how she marched straight to Tess's office! LMAO! That's our girl!
Loved the verbal sparring with Linda in the elevator.
And I loved even more how she kicked Linda's ass in that barn scene. Mwah, she doesn't need any special powers, she's a badass as she is!
And I was thrilled with what she said to Clark in the barn.

Lois: Then stay and fight back! Look! Give people a chance to see who you really are!
Clark: It’s too late Lois. My whole life I’ve seemed different.
Lois: Some people spend their *entire* lives looking for a way to stand out, to be a person that anybody would call special. When you first told me who you were, my thought was anyone but Clark. And not because of the alien thing, I have known enough guys to know that you can be born on terra firma and be lightyears from normal…
Clark: Lois you don’t have to explain, I get it.
Lois: No….you don’t. How can someone with x-ray vision be so blind? I’ve been down the Hero road before, and every time I’ve made a giant U-turn, but this, this was different.

It just goes to prove that while she wasn't ready with Ollie, that she is ready to deal with everything that being in a relationship with a superhero brings when it comes to Clark.

3) Clois.
There were so many fantastic moments in this episode.
And of course, three really big, important scenes:
scene 1: the reveal
Clark already had some idea from the first two times Lois learned his secret how she'd react, but this time it wasn't under an influence, or for a short moment. Now he knows she'd accept him fully.
scene 2: the barn
Lois being there for Clark, and urging him to fight for what he wants, and give others a chance to get to know and like him as much as she does.
And Clark telling her this isn't the right time...

Lois: And when you hit your reset button, you’re not going to tell me your secret, are you?
Clark: I’m sorry.
Lois: It’s okay…Why should I think I’m special?… Clark. I understand.
Clark: Lois *you* don’t understand. It’s because you *are* special…

...But the right time will come.

This was the first time Clark showed a glimpse of what's going on in his head, and heart, when it comes to Lois.
It wasn't much, but they're not showing us what's going on with him at all this season, and we never get to see his POV, so I wasn't expecting more.
But it's obvious this was his awakening, his time to realize and face what she means to him.

And of course,
scene 3 - the coffee date
Granted, they set the date as informal, friends hanging out, to talk about the almost kiss in Bride.
But it was obvious that it wasn't just friends hanging out, it would have been something more.
Lois, once again, was the braver one and suggested the meet.
Clark showed up, but in the end, he's not ready yet, so he stayed in the shadows.
But if anything, this scene showed that he's interested and that he has feelings for her. He doesn't want to let her down. He wants more. But he's not ready for such commitment yet. He's aware that he's hurting her, and that hurts him too. But he can't take that next step just yet, so he stalls.
He has to sort himself up, both emotionally and when it comes to his RedBlueBlur career. He'll wait until there are no leftover scars from Lana, and until he's ready for that step, and until he's ready to be honest with her. Because, as always, Clark is trying to protect those he loves, and he doesn't want to see Lois get hurt. And until he doesn't create his double identity, she could get hurt, as seen in those two days that got rewind.
Was the last scene angsty? Yes.
Is angst usually the Clois thing? No.
I don't think Clois will turn into one of those angsty couples, or Bob forbid Clana 2.0.
But I do think this scene was necessary, both to show that Clark is interested but not ready at the moment, and for Lois to put her walls back up (the text she sent indicates it will happen). This way they'll make it harder for them to get together, and they can build Clois slowly now in season 9.
Call me an optimist, but I think Clark senses that Lois might be The One, and he doesn't want to blow it, and wants to do everything right this time.

4) Chloe.
Wow, she actually remembered she has a husband in this episode!
And said goodbye to Davis, and thus acted like she's actually married for once.
And was a good friend to Clark!
And thought it might be a good idea for Clark to tell Lois the truth, with no jealousy in sight.
Who is this person, and what did she do to this season's Chloe? I actually liked her again for a change.

5) Linda.
Guh, she is so annoying!
But she was a good villain in this episode. I especially enjoyed her: "Funny thing about people. The only thing they love more than building up heroes is tearing them down."
So very true.

6) Davis.
Nope. Still don't care.
Though, I am thankful he rid us of Linda Lake.
And hopefully, now when he threw away those pills, he'll finally turn into an interesting villain and we won't have to put up with the emo crap for much longer.

7) Other stuff:
- Jimmy moved in with Chloe, doesn't he own any DVDs? Why do they only have her chick flicks, so she has to go borrow some movies from Clark?
- "You're speechless, that's never a good thing." LMAO
Hilarious. And true.
- Martha mention! \o/
- What is wrong with people?! "Why does he get to decide who lives and dies?" Oi, lady, he's a superhero, not God! He can't save everyone!
- I don't think it was necessary for Chloe to spell out to Clark that he should get a double identity. His JLA mates have them. He was getting hints as far back as Vengeance. He should have come up with that idea on his own.
- Dammit, couldn't have Clark travel back in time a second later? *After* he found out Davis is Doomsday?
- Loved the Uh Huh Her's Dreamer song that played over the last scene.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Absolute Fan

yay Smallville was back, Lois was back, Clois was back...

all if perfect in the world

Amazing episode, it was clear that the world wasnt going to stay with Lois and everyone knowing the truth, but it was really great to see her reaction.

Erica Durance was her amazing self, and blow my mind completely.

I wish they would have focused more on Clarks story, and less in Doomsday and Chloe, or that they would have divided this episode in two, cause a lot of things happened in a blink!

Wow, funny thing Chloe asking what changed, when it was Doomsday killing Linda instead of her what happened.

And Lois, arent you awesome by the second? I think so!
She was amazing, from being mad for him stooding her up, to amazed at his powers, embarrased at one of those, stunned at not realising it all before.

And well, what to say of her deffending her man and kicking Linda here and there...
Oh, you Lois are made of awesome, and you do not need any kind of suit to be so. Not to mention what a great and special person she is!

The talk in the barn was so much to take in... I was stunned, specially cause she knew he was going to return back in time and still poured her heart all over...

It was very funny how happy Clark was because he picked her up on time, and heck, it really is complicated the situation.

It break my heart how it ended, but it couldnt have been any other way, so its fine that it did.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Wait, if Linda aka Tori Spelling got arrested? Why didn't she turn into a puddle of water after she was in the hospital? LOL anyways, Tori Spelling, no comment, but hey she's a character.

This episode FTW!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Despite my feelings for Clark/Lois, I did feel sorry Lois in this episode.

Chlark!! Oh how I've missed thee. I love that Chloe didn't think going public was such a good idea, (I would have liked to have seen Lois at least question it too) and she turned out to be right. And say that he could have a secret identity! And poor Chloe too - I don't think Clark thought about the fact that she'd be hounded by the media too, and would be in danger if something went wrong.

The Clark/Davis scene was amazing. The look on Chloe's face as she realised what Davis was saying.. and said "You're Doomsday." Wow.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Cris...that was an excellent commentary I find it hard to believe you aren't on board with Sam Witwer/Davis Bloom

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Cris...that was an excellent commentary I find it hard to believe you aren't on board with Sam Witwer/Davis Bloom
I was thrilled when I heard that we'll get Doomsday as a villain this year, and that Sam will play him.
But they completely dropped the ball IMO. They had a chance to do something epic, to bring in the guy who'll kill Clark, to make him a proper, scary villain.
Instead they completely neutered him by turning him into a lovesick puppy for Chloe. How is that any different than how they ruined Bizzaro last year with Lana?
And the whole woobie thing doesn't work. It worked for Lex because he was a good guy when we met him. We knew from the start that there is something strange going on with Davis (since he woke up naked in an alley at the end of his first episode), then he started killing, and they still try to sell emo medic crap? Thanks, but no thanks.
I wanted a good plot, and Doomsday's storyline to be tied to Clark, since this is the guy who ends up killing him. Turning him into lame love interest, who prances around shirtless half of the time, is not something I'm interested in watching.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

if the end of the ep is any indication...he's embracing the killer in him
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Chlark!! Oh how I've missed thee. I love that Chloe didn't think going public was such a good idea, (I would have liked to have seen Lois at least question it too) and she turned out to be right. And say that he could have a secret identity! And poor Chloe too - I don't think Clark thought about the fact that she'd be hounded by the media too, and would be in danger if something went wrong.
The Chlark scenes are what made this episode worth viewing IMO. But I am extremely disappointed that the writer's chose to recycle so many moments between other characters in previous episodes.
fanofsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
Instead they completely neutered him by turning him into a lovesick puppy for Chloe. How is that any different than how they ruined Bizzaro last year with Lana?
I agree with this comment. It's making the show more like a soap opera rather than science fiction with all the nitty and gritty in it. I wouldn't be surprised if the CW has been meddling with the show's storyline to make it tied in with their audience demographic (no offence to the female Smallville fans out there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
I wanted a good plot, and Doomsday's storyline to be tied to Clark, since this is the guy who ends up killing him. Turning him into lame love interest, who prances around shirtless half of the time, is not something I'm interested in watching.
So far you are the only one who has complained about Davis being shirtless half of the time.

Again I agree with your overall comment. It seems that the writers has forgotten what happened in "Legion" where Chloiac has frozen Davis for that period of time saying that went he comes out of the ice, he'll become Doomsday - see below quote:

Quote:
Brainiac: Feelings? That was just a program I was running to get you to me. Your journey's just beginning. Now it's time for you to incubate in your Kryptonian chrysalis. Once you emerge, there will be no more pain, no doubt. Only absolute rage and unparalleled power.
Davis Bloome: Stay the hell away.
Brainiac: But you play a vital part in my directive. Once I get everything I need, you will eradicate the other Kryptonian and then the rest of the planet.
Davis Bloome: I am not going to hurt anyone.
Brainiac: You have no free will. 12 days in the chrysalis, and you're destined to become what you really are. Doomsday
Whatever happened to that?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i agree about the lovesick for Chloe...i don't think we've seen much of it though

and it looks like killer Davis is here to stay
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
New Fan

I loved the fact that he found the time for coffee with Chloe and I think that means a lot. This ep did not cast EDLois in a very good light; she seemed happy to get the scoop on Clark with no thought for what a boneheaded idea it was or how adversely it would affect him and his family and friends.

It was Chloe who thought it out and gave him the good advice a real friend would. By ep's end, Clark saw she was right and it can't have escaped his attention that EDLois didn't have his best intersets at heart. He made a good call on that finally to not tell EDL anytihg a second time.

I didn't see any real interest in EDL on Clark's part afterward since he didn't take her up on her offer. The Chlark scenes were the only ones that really made sense. And Clark turning back time to save Chloe? Priceless!
margroks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread