Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's okay...the last ep was my least fave ep so far...Fish Mooney wasn't in it at all, and there were limited Oswald and Bruce/Alfred scenes.

I LOVED the last ep of The Flash though!
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 11-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

Oh god, me too! I don't watch Arrow, so I didn't really know Felicity before I watched The Flash but now she's really growing on me. I love that bond that she and Barry have and how honest they can talk about their feelings for Iris and Oliver. I was positively surprised that the show didn't go with the usual 'well, we both cannot have the girl/boy we want, so let's just settle for each other' (i'm pretty sure Smallville would have done that. no, wait! Smallville did exactly that)
Old 11-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jette_ (View Post)
...and I have added you here as well, baelfire24. Welcome!

Btw, we have an introduction thread, so if you wanna share some info about you and why you love Smallville then you can post there. But you obviously don't have to.

Do you have a favorite member of the JLA?
My favorite member of the JLA is Batman. I still wish that we saw Bruce in the tv series when they did the team up.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

I agree completely. Having Batman/Bruce on Smallville would have been awesome! Season 9 would have been the perfect time to do so. He could have been the one to brink Clark back on track after the events of Doomsday.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I was positively surprised that the show didn't go with the usual 'well, we both cannot have the girl/boy we want, so let's just settle for each other' (i'm pretty sure Smallville would have done that. no, wait! Smallville did exactly that)
That's so true though! But yeah I saw most of the first season of Arrow but then I stopped watching b/c I didn't find it very interesting...of course as soon as I stopped watching it the show got really good (according to my bro). Felicity didn't make much of an impression on me in S1...but that could also b/c I was only half-heartedly watching the show. I LOVED her in The Flash though. I thought she was so adorable with the way she kept getting flustered and her accidental innuendo and I love how on paper it seems like they'd be the perfect couple b/c they do get along really well, they are attracted to each other, and they have a lot of similar interests...however at the end of the day they realized that what they could have with each other just wouldn't compare to what they could have with the people they're actually in love with. I'm a hardcore Westallen (Iris x Barry) shipper now too so I'm really pleased with the way they're handling them so far. I also think that Joe West is a fantastic character and I loved that he wasn't just depicted as a clueless, overprotective father wrt being upset about Iris dating Eddie. I thought it was great that he explained to Iris his very legitimate concerns about her dating his partner and I also really love his relationship with Barry. So yeah The Flash is currently one of my top 5 tv shows.
Rachel
Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also think that Joe West is a fantastic character and I loved that he wasn't just depicted as a clueless, overprotective father wrt being upset about Iris dating Eddie. I thought it was great that he explained to Iris his very legitimate concerns about her dating his partner and I also really love his relationship with Barry.
Yes, I forgot to mention that but that's exactly how i feel as well. Joe and Barry's heart to heart scenes usually make me very emotional.... and I love that! When Barry said that Joe was a good dad to him, wow, that was such a heartwarming moment.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

IKR? It's turning out to be a GREAT thing that Joe found out from the first ep that Barry has these powers b/c Barry really needs the support of someone who's known him for ages and has his best interests at heart.
Rachel
Old 11-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Yes! At first i was surprised at the direction the show took with that but I'm very hapoy about it now. There is a certain Clark/Jonathan vibe to their relationship, with the whole "you're not my real father"-aspect and so on... and that's very promising. If the show is clever they'll be able to do a lot with that.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Keep it up please show! We have a new ep tomorrow and I'm excited for it
Rachel
Old 11-13-2014, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

I just watched it. How do you feel about the new episode?
Old 11-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVED IT! Did you see my flailing about it on tumblr ?
Rachel
Old 11-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Not yet, I gotta check it out. I really enjoyed the episode as well, especially the scene between Barry and Joe. It was so adorable how Joe laughed so hard when Barry did the voice thing.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

What I loved was that Joe knew the whole time and he's fully on board with Barry and Iris getting together
Rachel
Old 11-18-2014, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm still uncertain how I feel about Iris, tho, since we haven't really seen much of her so far. I adore Barry's crush on her and I think it would be so sweet to see him happy with her on his side but I'm not feeling Iris as a character yet. You know what I mean? I want an Iris centric episode to get to know her better.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really? I adore Iris.So far we've learned that she wanted to be a cop but her dad prevented her from doing that (1x04). She also grew up with Barry and she covered for him when he went to see Dad. She's fiercely protective of him and she'll also defend him from her dad (Pilot), she's a great friend to him and she wants what's best for him (1x04). Like just look at her reaction to Barry's accident in the pilot, she is so broken up about him being heart and she's calling out that she's family and the nurse has to restrain her and then in the last episode, she automatically loved Caitlin and Cisco because they saved Barry's life. She's also the first person to believe in the Streak not knowing that it's him (1x02). She's very much like Lois Lane with respect to her belief in the Streak (The Blur) and how she wants to give people hope and let them know that someone is looking out for them (1x05). She's intelligent and can clearly sense that something is off with Barry and that he's keeping something from her and it hurts her so much because she just can't understand why he's acting this way and she thinks he's losing his faith (1x05). I also loved how hard she tried to mend things with her dad after the truth came out about her dating Eddie and how she came to see his side of things (1x04). Personally, I thought that the last episode with Iris meeting the Streak told us a lot about. Here's a gif set:

source

Personally I think that gifset alone shows a lot about Iris' character and her passions. She's clearly interested in reporting, she wants to advocate for people who can't advocate for themselves and give people a sense of hope, she wants to take care of Barry, and she's clearly ambitious and determined to share her faith in the Streak with the rest of the world.

Then there's also this gifset with her and her dad:

source

^I'm loving their relationship so far and how it's so important for Iris to have her dad's approval yet she also needs to live her own life. Once her dad actually took the time to explain to her why he was so uncomfortable with her relationship with Eddie, she was able to understand his side of things and his legitimate concerns about the effect her relationship with Eddie has on his partnership with Eddie. IMO this says a lot about their relationship and their connection and how place an emphasis on the other persons thought and opinions and how they take care of each other. We also saw this in the last episode when Iris told her dad there was food left for him.

Sorry if I've overwhelmed you with all of this info but like I said I ADORE Iris. I think she's beautiful and amazing and wonderful and I've seen a lot of hate towards her for a lot of stupid reasons so now she's become one of those characters that I want to cuddle and protect and keep away from any harm.
Rachel
Closed Thread   Post New Thread