Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2015, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay cool
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Jim Kay’s Harry Potter illustrations on show at Seven Stories - Pottermore

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love those drawings.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 AM
Moderator Manager

Still wishing the old site would go back to what it was before. I know it seems impossible now but I really miss it even if I don't visit it all the time.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Old 11-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:23 AM
Moderator Manager

I wonder if the site has a "treat" for us this coming holiday season?

Old 11-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Here I am again missing the old Pottermore site.

x

Old 11-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Join the club!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
in the first two films, the players' robes were quite thick. However, for the match in prisoner of azkaban, the players wore lighter, sportier robes with their names and numbers on the back.

'the idea,' says costume designer jany temime, 'was to create a look that kids who watch football, rugby, or whatever would recognise so that they would instantly see quidditch as a sport.'

in half-blood prince, the quidditch players were given modern tracksuit-style clothes for training, but their match gear was a sophisticated blend of the contemporary and the historical. The elbow and knee pads and helmets they don during games are reminiscent of the protective wear worn by early american football players, while the padded leather arm, chest and shin guards are reminiscent of the kind of body armour worn by sportsmen in edwardian england.

This sort of padding was needed because, according to director david yates, quidditch is a violent sport. For him, the championship game between gryffindor and slytherin represents 'the terrible violence that quidditch entails. It always looks really fun, but when you're flying along on a broomstick at 60mph, whenever you collide or don't get the quaffle and end up falling about 50 feet, it's very precarious.'

Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.pottermore.com/news/hair...ntastic-beasts
Old 11-24-2015, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Update on FBAWTFT (and feel free to join us on the movie thread too).

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top