Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Neither do I. It's strange that they put fiction and biographies in the same competition. But I'm happy Beedle is being recognized.
Rousseau did a strange thing for a philosopher. He married Thérèse, an illiterate maid who didn't even know the months of the year... which must have bade for some of the most fantastic conversations ever... With him going "How can we be certain that what we perceive is actually real ?" and her going "Ooh, I don't know... Now I've got one for you, have we had february yet ?"
Old 03-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they just had to combine all writers into one so it doesn't matter if it's fiction or non-fiction.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Moderator Manager

true. right now though, i'm really anxious about the encyclopedia.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

I think we all are. But we're going to have to wait it out for a while.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 03-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind . It'll give us something to do when we have no movies and stuff to look forward too

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 03-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

I hope Jo wins. Yeah, odd that they put fictions and biographies in the same category.

The HP encyclopedia! Even if it's going to be published in another 10 years, I think people are going to swarm the bookstores to get it. Face it, we're going to read Harry Potter to our children.

Vote Bonnie Wright || Harry ღ Ginny || icon: enchantingicons
Old 03-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

That encyclopedia will break records, no doubt. I sure the world will go nuts for it and the media will make it into something bizarre like she's trying to recapture her success or something. Neglecting the fact that she's already promised the fanbase this book for a decade. But whatever.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:29 AM
Moderator Manager

i don't mind waiting it out for a while. i have waited quite a while with Harry Potter, that's for sure. so i'm used to it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whoa how's this for oldie. I was searching some occlumencia's photo galleries and they found some really really older promo pics of Jo in her early days as a writer.

Her red hair phase! I love it. No wonder she's such a Weasley lover.

ETA:

GAAAAHHHH! Jo dines with Michele Obama!

Quote:
The President of the United States Barak Obama is making a diplomatic visit to the United Kingdom, and there will be a special dinner held for the spouses of those attending the G20 summit which will take place this week. Sarah Brown, wife of the UK Prime Minister is hosting the event tomorrow night for Michele Obama, wife of the President at 10 Downing Street, and among the guests will be Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. The Times reports that "seated on one side of Mrs Obama will be J. K. Rowling, the author; on the other will be Kelly Holmes, the double Olympic gold medallist."

The paper continues:

Mrs Brown is in charge of the spouses’ programme and has given much thought to tonight’s table plan. Rowling, the Harry Potter author who wrote the first of her best-selling books when she was living on benefits as a single mother in a mice-infested Edinburgh flat, has long been a vocal Labour supporter. Last year she gave £1 million to the party...The menu, prepared by the chef Jamie Oliver, will feature seasonal produce including Welsh lamb, Jersey Royal new potatoes and asparagus from Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly."

Readers will recall President Barak Obama has spoken several times about being a Harry Potter fan, and reading the books with his daughters. We are hoping to have photos from this event, and will update with more when we can.
source ~ tlc.com

Last edited by baileycat; 03-31-2009 at 03:56 PM
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy!! That's so cool!!

I love that Obama is a fan, and read the books with his daughters. Awesome!

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

That's amazing. Didn't Gordon Brown also say that he was a Potter fan ?
Rousseau did a strange thing for a philosopher. He married Thérèse, an illiterate maid who didn't even know the months of the year... which must have bade for some of the most fantastic conversations ever... With him going "How can we be certain that what we perceive is actually real ?" and her going "Ooh, I don't know... Now I've got one for you, have we had february yet ?"
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did he? cool.

I was hoping the girl could come along too but they're still in school. Maybe next time their visit could include a HP set visit. After all Dan has offered his tour guide services.

ETA: new pic of Jo attending the dinner. Hopefully more will come from tonight.

Looking stylish. I LOVE those shoes.

Last edited by baileycat; 04-01-2009 at 02:35 PM
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Total Fan

Not only did she have dinner with Michelle Obama, she also read excerpts from Beedle the Bard to all of the G20 wives!

Dude, Jo is one brave lady, because that would intimidate the hell out of me!

But yes, those shoes are fabulous. I covet them.

Bonnie's Army | Harry ღ Ginny | Icon by sanya4 on LJ
Old 04-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Show how much respect even those in charge have for Ms Rowling. Huge honor.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
CHH
Extreme Fan

Rowling has excellent taste in shoes. I wish I could see her dress.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top