Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbysbaby (View Post)
I don't think it is a question about Harry's ability to convert wormtail, I think it is something more like an unbreakable vow. Wormtail now has an unspoke connection to harry because harry saved his life, and now owes something to Harry, that's why I think in the 4th book he was trying to convince voldemort to get someone other than Harry for the graveyard. (I'm not sure what pg. but if you don't remeber this I can look it up)
Well yeah that's what I meant when I said he would pay his debt to Harry. But I'm less likely to believe that it's similar to an unbreakable vow enchantment (or curse) and more like the power of persuasion with Harry's forgiveness and empathy that will do the trick in the end.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Absolute Fan

yeh i dont think it is going to be a curse as such either i think harry is just going to get the better of him
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jo has updated her website with book 7 debunking.

Quote:
Section: Rumours

Snape was hiding under the Invisibility Cloak on the night the Potters died.

No, he wasn't.

Book Seven will be called "Harry Potter and the Graveyard of Memories"

Wow, I never thought of that! Now I've got three titles to choose from!

Only kidding. It won't be called HP & the GOM.
And here I thought that Snape one was very plausable.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Supreme Fan

I wasn't saying that their connection is a curse, I was saying the feeling I got from what Dumbeldore told harry was that it was like Peter owed him something, and I don't think it will rely on Harry's persuasion ability!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbysbaby (View Post)
I wasn't saying that their connection is a curse, I was saying the feeling I got from what Dumbeldore told harry was that it was like Peter owed him something, and I don't think it will rely on Harry's persuasion ability!
yeh i know you werent saying that! i was just putting it out there

wow jo really stomped on my speculation i was thinking it would be snape!!! hmmm this is just too exciting - jo why do you do this to us haha
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Found this old thread and decided to bump it up for more discussion.
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Moderator Manager

No problem and what other theories/speculations/rumours you might want to bring up?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
No problem and what other theories/speculations/rumours you might want to bring up?
I thought it weird that Minister of Magic went to a lot of trouble to warn the Muggle Prime Minster in HBP of all the stuff involving Voldermort, but in DH there is no further mention about it.

Also, what happen to Diggory's parents; his dad was part of the ministry, surely he would had a great interest in bringing V down.

Were the Dudley's found by Death Eaters?
Old 07-04-2011, 03:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh I'm gonna miss all this theorising. (Is that a word?)

Hopefully with Pottermore it can carry on!

I want to know what happened with the Dursleys. I like to think that Dudley ended up with a magical child.

I also want to know what the rest of the wizarding world's reaction to the battle was. I mean in the end it was basically the Order and the students of Hogwarts fighting the Death Eaters. How did the majority of the wizarding community react to the battle?
goldylocks_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Agreed. What about Krum's and Fleur's old school. How come they weren't at the end of the Battle of Hogwarts
Old 07-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because it was the battle of Hogwarts I suspect.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldylocks_k (View Post)
I want to know what happened with the Dursleys. I like to think that Dudley ended up with a magical child.

I also want to know what the rest of the wizarding world's reaction to the battle was. I mean in the end it was basically the Order and the students of Hogwarts fighting the Death Eaters. How did the majority of the wizarding community react to the battle?
If Dudley had a magical child that would be fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Let's see if JK will write it!!!!

I'm curious about that as well....

Avatar made by soulmatejunkee on Livejournal
Shannon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderroswellfan (View Post)
I thought it weird that Minister of Magic went to a lot of trouble to warn the Muggle Prime Minster in HBP of all the stuff involving Voldermort, but in DH there is no further mention about it.
Because their world cannot be exposed in the muggle world and we all know how the Muggle Prime Minister reacted to that in HBP. Why do you think it needs to be mentioned at DH again as it was established that Lord Voldemort is indeed on his mission to kill Harry from Chapter 1 onwards? The wizarding world has enough magical powers to gain some sort of "normalcy" for the muggle world not to have to discover them.

I would love to know what happened to the fathers of Cedric & Luna. Same with you guys about Dudley. I wonder what happened to the Dursleys after the battle at Hogwarts.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Because their world cannot be exposed in the muggle world and we all know how the Muggle Prime Minister reacted to that in HBP. Why do you think it needs to be mentioned at DH again as it was established that Lord Voldemort is indeed on his mission to kill Harry from Chapter 1 onwards? The wizarding world has enough magical powers to gain some sort of "normalcy" for the muggle world not to have to discover them.

I would love to know what happened to the fathers of Cedric & Luna. Same with you guys about Dudley. I wonder what happened to the Dursleys after the battle at Hogwarts.
Thanks for your views. I also thought it odd that Cornelius Fudge is not mentioned in DH
Old 08-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Bump!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top