Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

yeah but she won't kill Harry, she have to hide in a spider whole for the rest of her life.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

What bugs me most is how the media is hyping this to get all the fans upset.
They don't bother to set the record straight and say that she only 'understands why other authors kill off the main characters'. She never said she was seriously considering that option. Sensationalism that's all it is. And really, would anyone out there be so daft into thinking they could carry on the story any better than Jo herself. Not to mention that any respectful publishing house out there wouldn't dare release another Harry book that wasn't by Jo. There's laws that prevent that kind of thing anyway.

And now there's all these articles out there claiming Harry SHOULD die in order to make a point about sacrificial death to kids and how important that is. ???

HUH? So dying young to save others is more valiant than saving others while proving you have what it takes to survive too? Harry Potter is not about Martyrdom. It's about overcoming martydom and survival.

Dumbledore believed Harry can do it. Why is the fandom questioning him?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Bottom line: Harry dies, I quit.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey all.. I had a theory for quite a while now..:

I always (well, since Horcruxes came up in HBP anyway) thought that Harry was one of them, seeing as he has so many of Voldemorts' powers and Dumbeldore had mentioned that Nagini is one of them, so I'm assuming that it's also possible to do to humans. Moreover, this is very clever of Voldemort to do (if he did it in purpose) because that way if Harry wants to kill him he'd have to kill himself first.

What do you think?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Total Fan

I don't think that Harry is a horcrux, but I have pondered over the idea of Harry having to die (for whatever reason) in order for Voldemort to die. I'm not saying Voldemore dies because Harry dies, but maybe it's something like "the force of the spell is so strong that it takes out both of them" or maybe...oh, I don't know.

However, I don't think Harry is going to die. JK may have a history of killing off lovable characters, but I think that killing Harry is 1) unnecessary, and 2) just plan cruel. The boy has been through enough. Let him live and be happy.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
*antarian angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I guess it is really unnecessery and crule. By the way, love your avvie
Old 09-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Total Fan

Who do you think, of the Weasleys, is the most likely to die in book 7, if any?

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Sadly, I think Ron is.. If not then Ginny
Old 09-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

I hope it's not Percy, but I'm always afraid he is. He'll probably say he's sorry, get forgiven and die a day later :/ If not Percy then Arthur.
I don't want to lose him.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know there are some counter arguements to why Harry isn't a horcrux and I've heard them on various podcasts too but for the life of me I can't remember what they are. Needless to say I don't believe he is. Gut feeling I guess.

Percy may die. But if does it will be after he's made amends with his family and Harry. So he'll die with honour.

Haddie, I'd have to disagree with your guess. I think of all the Weasleys that are most safe it's Ron and Ginny. Along with Hermione and Harry they will survive the war simply because Jo will want to end her story hopeful and happy. Showing her audience that Harry can and will have a good life from then on with his friends. To some this might seem corny but to me it's a very fitting final thought.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Absolute Fan

saw something interesting on MuggleNet | The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site

"crucial" says jo, : why did dumbledore have jame's invisibilty cloak at the time of jame's death, given that dumbledore could have turned invisible without a cloak
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Total Fan

It could be that James and Lily knew that they were in danger, and wanted to have something to give to their son in the event of their death, so gave it to Dumbledore for later.

But that doens't seem very crucial....

I'm excited to find out the real answer! I love that we'll finally be learning the reasons behind things in book 7!

Old 09-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Absolute Fan

i know its so exciting
but apparently jo says its a very vital part of the book!!!
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

My theory (well it's not mine originally but I agree with the person who suggested it) is that the cloak was stolen from James. Not only that but it was used at the Potter house by the witness who saw them murdered by Voldemort. Possibly Snape.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
My theory (well it's not mine originally but I agree with the person who suggested it) is that the cloak was stolen from James. Not only that but it was used at the Potter house by the witness who saw them murdered by Voldemort. Possibly Snape.
that is a very very very good suspicion!!! i like that theory alot
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top