Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

HP Theories, Speculation and Rumours #2

This thread has been made one of the Official threads of the Harry Potter Boards! And as such, it's link can now be found under the "The Harry Potter Board's Official Threads" list in the Portkey

And also, please be reminded that there is a HP Meanings thread and it was separated from this one. So if you have Character names' or unique Harry Potter Words' meanings and derivation, please post it there.

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by Caradeangel; 09-02-2004 at 03:03 PM
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

And so carry on .

I'll be back next week with my own thoughts.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

ummm...reading the last thread, I have to agree with Cloudburst2000 that Voldemort was not referring to Crouch Jr when he was talking about his most loyal supporter at Hogwarts. This seems too easy, like that's what JKR wants us to think but it's not true. I think JKR is setting us up here.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

OOOOHHHH, I think your right, which leads me to my next point, if he wasn't who was? And when he said, one I fear has left us for good, did he mean Snape???
86amanda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I think he WAS referring to Crouch. I don't think that was "too easy" at all.

Am still maintaining that the Half Blood Prince is the long-lost love-child of Lucius and Petunia.
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Anything is possible, right?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow
I think he WAS referring to Crouch. I don't think that was "too easy" at all.

Am still maintaining that the Half Blood Prince is the long-lost love-child of Lucius and Petunia.
HAHA - yes, he could very well be I think that it wasn't "too easy" also because at that time Harry did not know that Crouch was Moody and therefore the most faithful servant, since that comes out afterwards I think that was a good - "who's the most faithful servant?? Snape??? NO - CROUCH! muahahah" type thing

not enough room for my HP quote - damn it

*marina*
Gilmoracholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Hey will every one refer to the other thread and tell me what you think of my Half Blood Prince theory...?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilmoracholic
HAHA - yes, he could very well be I think that it wasn't "too easy" also because at that time Harry did not know that Crouch was Moody and therefore the most faithful servant, since that comes out afterwards I think that was a good - "who's the most faithful servant?? Snape??? NO - CROUCH! muahahah" type thing
I realize this, but I think we're, the readers, are supposed to assume that since Crouch Jr was found in Moody's body that he was the most faithful supporter that Voldemort was referring to. We're supposed to assume that...doesn't mean that it is what true. It would make a great twist if it turned out to be someone else he was referring to. And I agree with what Cloudburst2000 said that Voldemort has had a long term spy at Hogwarts(an it's not Snape)...so therefore, it couldn't be Crouch Jr who was only there one school year. Anyone is possible really...Trelawny, Filch, DD, McGonagall, Hagrid, Sinistra, Hooch, a house elf, whoever. I think we'll find out that someone we least expect is in cohoots with the evil one
Old 09-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

are you sure you don't think its snape, cause frankly he's been a bit of a pill lately...
Old 09-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Lately?
Old 09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, lately... you know, for the past five years (books) kind of lately
Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow

Aaaaahhh... yes. Mary Sue Evans-Malfoy. *nods*
Isn't she the very mysterious and beautiful transfer student from America who is a year younger and yet somehow by weird twist of fate, she gets sorted into Slytherin and Gryffindor?

I've heard so much about her, she's probably my most favoritest character I mean, anyone who can outsmart Hermione, out-snark Snape, out-blonde Draco, and has Blaise Zabini's sex-changing abilities just had to be the Half Blood Princess

Now, about Snape... he has always fascinated me, but with Jo's recent "warning" about him... it just makes me realize that the what we do know about him so far, doesn't even scratch the surface of his mystery.

I mean, in book 1, Harry thought he was the one who's going to get the Stone for Voldemort.
Not. It was Quirell.
Book 3, he's the man who just hates Black an Lupin for no apparent reason.
Book 4, we find out he's a Death Eater.
End of book 4 he appears to be some dort of "spy" FOR the "light side"
Book 5, oh, oh, it was actually Sirius and James who were the big bad meanies to poor inkle Snivellus.

I wonder what's next?

*starts making badges of "Snape for Half Blood Prince"*

Kidding!

Mary Sue Evans-Malfoy is my OTHBP!
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
* Marauder's Child * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

What warning did she give about Snape?
Myrddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, what did she say about Snape?

Personally, I think that Snape is on Dumbledore's side for real, but his hatred for Harry keeps messing him. In OotP, if he had been able to teach Harry Occlumency, Sirius wouldn't have been killed. In fact, he had a lot of nerve lecturing Harry on controling his emotions, when Snape can't control his own.

I suspect that in the next two books, we'll see Snape's issues with Harry causing even more problems for the Order. Dumbledore shoudl give him a good talking-to.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, he may be on dumbledore's side, but it seems like thats about it...
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top