Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Total Fan

So you're saying Snape stole it? How? And why?

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
*antarian angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

im so excited for book 7 as long as the trio survives
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Absolute Fan

i think how is that he was with lord voldemort that night that james and lily potter were killed -

o i dont know it could be for so many reasons!!
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah there's so many possible senerios but I find it hard to believe that James would give his cloak away. As for Snape, he may not have been the one that stole it but the thought of him being there at Godric's Hollow to witness the Potter's death (he might have been there to stop it) is intriguing. This could have been the first of Dumbledore's double agent missions for Snape and he gave him the cloak for protection.

Needless to say, SOMEBODY was there to witness it, otherwise how would the story be retold? Assuming it is accurate. Anyway, I think the 'crucial' thing Jo is refering to is who had used the cloak before the Potter's death and for what. It's a missing piece that we'll get in book 7.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *antarian angel* (View Post)

However, I don't think Harry is going to die. JK may have a history of killing off lovable characters, but I think that killing Harry is 1) unnecessary, and 2) just plan cruel. The boy has been through enough. Let him live and be happy.
I used to think that Harry was a horcrux but not anymore. I have to agree about that. I mean, Harry never had a calm, happy life. He has always been thru a lot... after killing Voldemort, he deserves a good life next to his loved ones: Ron, Hermione, Ginny, etc. First his parents, then Sirius and now Dumbledore. That's a lot for a young boy like him. Now he needs a good and calm life

And about the Weasleys, I think it'd probably be Percy.

And I don't know if you've talked about this before, but I'm sure Draco will have an important part at the end of the book... and not a "bad" one, but a good one. I'm sure he'll help Harry and his friends and will betray his father and Voldemort Don't know what it'll be exactly, but I just can feel it
irune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh yeah I think Draco's going to be very significant in book 7. I flip flop back and forth thinking he's going to do something favorable for the good side but today I'm not so sure. He may just be a bystander that eventually realises he doesn't want to be like his father. He wants to be his own man. That alone may be the only lesson he learns. Which is good because I think it might be too much to see him completely revert to helping Harry as any friend would. He may just stand aside and allow Harry to do whatever he has to do. Still a huge step for him because he'll be going against Voldemort's and his father's wishes.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Supreme Fan

OK, I haven't read anyone elses post s on this board because I haven't finished the sixth book yet, I know I jumped on board late, but I am glad I am on the ship now. So this is my theory for the seventh book without having read the sixth yet, I know bold, but here goes.

I think that since it is the seventh (And last) book, shed a tear, that Harry has to die. I know Horrifying, but if he doesn't die, then why not continue to write? so yeah, Voldemort also has to die because that would be a sucky end to such a great series if the hero dies and the worst Wizard ever still remained alive and destroys the world. I know, I know but the prophecy says only one will die, but the prophecy also mentions Neville Longbottom. Why would they feel to mention Neville if he weren't important right? So I think Since Voldemort didn't finish hearing the prophecy and chose Harry that he inevitable chose the wrong person. I think that Voldemort is going to kill Harry, and then Neville is going to kill Voldemort because Neville would then fullfill the prophecy and something happens where Neville gets a scar, but I haven't figured out how Voldemort will make Neville an equal.
I'm guessing Neville tries to protect Harry, and Voldemort accidentally strikes Neville, thus making him equal. I don't know....

What does everyone else think????

Oh and I'm sorry if someone has already said this, like I said I haven't read through, but I was so excited when i thought of this I had to come share with you!!!

Oh, and I plan to finish the 6th by Saturday! a bit ambitious considering I need to catch up on school work, but I just can't put it down!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can feel your enthusiasm in your post bibbysbaby.

That's great that you've discovered the series and I know you're going to LOVE book 6.

As for your theory. The prophecy (as Dumbledore mentions) made no reference to Neville. Only about the chosen one being born as the seventh month dies. Voldemort 'chose' Harry not Neville. So therefore he's not involved. BUT that doesn't mean he can choose to take part in the fight. Which we all know he will.
He's going to surprise us all and it's going to be magnificent.

About Harry must die because she would write more otherwise, I'll have to give you a counter point again. She planned 7 books because she wanted to write Harry in the setting of a wizard school that takes 7 years to complete. A story about a boy growing up, experiencing his adolescence and for all of us that just so happen during our formative years at middle and later highschool. If you think of the series this way it makes much more sense as to why she wanted all along to stop at 7. And at the same time it gives everyone hope that Harry can survive this battle. And I believe he will.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)

About Harry must die because she would write more otherwise, I'll have to give you a counter point again. She planned 7 books because she wanted to write Harry in the setting of a wizard school that takes 7 years to complete. A story about a boy growing up, experiencing his adolescence and for all of us that just so happen during our formative years at middle and later highschool. If you think of the series this way it makes much more sense as to why she wanted all along to stop at 7. And at the same time it gives everyone hope that Harry can survive this battle. And I believe he will.
I agree, Amy. Besides, 7 is the Wizard number, I guess that's why Jo chosed it. And what can I say? There are a lot of series, trilogies, etc. where the "heroe" does not die at the end Look at TLotR, for example.
irune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, 7 really does seem like her number of choice doesn't it?

7 books

7 years at Hogwarts

7 Quidditch team members

7 Weasley children

7 Horcruxes

Are they're any more? probably.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Absolute Fan

omg so many specultions i love it i love it
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Supreme Fan

how important do you think peter pettigrew will be in harry's future?

Because in the 3rd book Dumbledore tells Harry that he might not realize it now, but he would be glad he saved his life. know Wormtail owes something to Harry, and I wonder if that is going to be significant in the 7th book.

I think it will be a big deal.

Also what are the speculations about R.A.B. from the HBP???

Last edited by bibbysbaby; 09-27-2006 at 04:34 PM
bibbysbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Perhaps Wormtail will repay his debt to Harry in book 7. We'll have to wait and see. He's bound to be useful somewhere down the road. He's easy to manipulate and at one time he was trusted by James and Remus. So maybe he'll be tested by Harry at some point not only to see how trustworthy he is but how strong Harry's power is to convert the already damaged and thereby diminishing Voldemort's control over his followers.

The speculation so far for R.A.B (although JKR has not confirmed or denied this yet) is that it's Regulus Black (Sirius' brother) who became a death eater but was later killed.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't think it is a question about Harry's ability to convert wormtail, I think it is something more like an unbreakable vow. Wormtail now has an unspoke connection to harry because harry saved his life, and now owes something to Harry, that's why I think in the 4th book he was trying to convince voldemort to get someone other than Harry for the graveyard. (I'm not sure what pg. but if you don't remeber this I can look it up)

JMO

and thanks for the R.A.B. but in the book it made him seem like he was an older man, but I could have just mis read it. I'll go back again!!! thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Absolute Fan

i thin kpeter pettigrew will be a bigger part than we think - yup yup
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top