Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, exactly.. Plus I hate how people was like it's not the same in the book or they have wrong people in the movies or shows.. I mean, look, we all have our own different imagination when it comes to casting while we read since we don't have same look of character.. So try to have your mind open and put it on aside when it comes to shows/movies..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Moderator Manager

And that too. It's also good to have a wonderful script and talented cast.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, exactly..

is that what you want?

Old 11-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Did you like the casting in the movies though? All of them or did you wish that some of the characters are portrayed by a different actor?

I was iffy with Michael Gambon when he replaced Richard Harris in POA but eventually I liked him, especially HBP. OMG. He was sooooo good.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

For adults that I have no problem with adults even tho I think I get use to Emma after fourth movie or fifth movie.. What about you??

is that what you want?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I read the books after the movies finished (although I had heard about some of the big plot points before the movies. It's hard to stay completely unspoiled before the movies came out). So the casting was what I became used to...

They all seemed perfect to me for the role. I know some quibbles of how they had Harry initially due to descriptions of the scar or his eyes. But the three main seemed right for the roles. And they all grew with the roles, and unique prospect given we saw them every couple of years for 10/11 years.

Although it was pretty eerie how close Ginny resembled Harry's mother by the end. But it's not something they could have imagined when they chose the actress at age 11 or 12.

Loved all movies....and the source material in the books... Although you become to know how much the later movies had to cut out and that impacted some of the movies, especially Order of Phoenix... and onwards. At least Deathly Hallows was split in two so they were capture almost everything!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:18 PM
Moderator Manager

So it took you after the 4th/5th movie to warm up to Emma as Hermione, Steph? Yep, the adult cast were all brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I read the books after the movies finished (although I had heard about some of the big plot points before the movies. It's hard to stay completely unspoiled before the movies came out). So the casting was what I became used to...

They all seemed perfect to me for the role. I know some quibbles of how they had Harry initially due to descriptions of the scar or his eyes. But the three main seemed right for the roles. And they all grew with the roles, and unique prospect given we saw them every couple of years for 10/11 years.

Although it was pretty eerie how close Ginny resembled Harry's mother by the end. But it's not something they could have imagined when they chose the actress at age 11 or 12.

Loved all movies....and the source material in the books... Although you become to know how much the later movies had to cut out and that impacted some of the movies, especially Order of Phoenix... and onwards. At least Deathly Hallows was split in two so they were capture almost everything!
Goblet of Fire also cut out a huge chunk of the early chapters in the movie. We already started with the Triwizard Tournament in the movie. But yes, like you overall, I loved the movies. That has a lot to do with the cast and the writing provided that we have the book for source material but they were able to capture the essence of the books in the movies, imo.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I start to like her in CoF more.. I think that it was the way she talk down on the boys or something like that.. It kind of bother me..

CoF was def my fav, but I'm so sad that they didn't show much in the movie..

is that what you want?

Old 11-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Moderator Manager

I see. Yeah, Hermione can rub you off the wrong way in the movie but I liked Hermione right away from the books.

I actually liked it when the books & movies got darker, more my cup of tea. That's why I enjoyed DH1/2 immensely.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Same here about the book.. I love her in the books..

I like the balance even tho I remember someone in my class don't like it bec it went darker.. But I notice that every franchise always go darker later on..

is that what you want?

Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I see. Yeah, Hermione can rub you off the wrong way in the movie but I liked Hermione right away from the books.

I actually liked it when the books & movies got darker, more my cup of tea. That's why I enjoyed DH1/2 immensely.
Since I was exposed to her first in the movies. I felt she came off similar in both. They cut out a lot of Hermoine's side project away from Harry's journey to defeat Voldermort. So all your really saw was the brainy sidekick who was truly friends with Harry and eventually pining for Ron despite some brief romances herself... If we could have seen Hermoine's crusade, it would have been more well rounded but this was all about Harry's journey... and they didn't have the time unless they split all the movies from Goblet on...

I liked the first movie the most because it was lighter. With Chamber of Secrets, it got darker and darker. And they were getting older of course, so it made sense. I still liked the lightness of the first minus the abuse Harry was getting from the Dursley's.

But the series, and the movies were pretty unique and wonderful to experience.

I understand why they made the choices they did with Goblet of Fire. The contest was exciting, so to make that the basis of the movie made sense. But they did eliminate a lot of extra information!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, I agree w/ you about Chamber that start go dark bec of blood, the voice, etc..

is that what you want?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

That has always been the problem with Hermione in the movies though, she ended up being super! Like she can do no wrong. I don't know if it's Emma's acting or the material written for Hermione in the movies but it wasn't like that in the books, at least for me. For some reason, I've always admired her attitude and no-nonsense and brainy approach to things. Considering the age we met her, I can understand why she's like that too.

In GoF movie, the 3 tasks were pretty exciting to watch. I remember being upset when Cedric died when I read the book but when I watched the movie, I was even more upset than I should be. It was just well-acted all around, imo.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I feel like it was the writing that make it sound like she's flawless, who never make a mistake..

I love how they show it and explain on why other schools involved in this game.. Even tho I was surprise that some are dangerous..

I wonder if they still continue w/ this tradition?

is that what you want?

Old 11-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

You mean Quidditch? I think they still will. I actually want to know who joined Quidditch from the next generation kids? Were Harry & Ginny's children also part of Quidditch? Or were Ron & Hermione's kids a part of the team too?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top