Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That has always been the problem with Hermione in the movies though, she ended up being super! Like she can do no wrong. I don't know if it's Emma's acting or the material written for Hermione in the movies but it wasn't like that in the books, at least for me. For some reason, I've always admired her attitude and no-nonsense and brainy approach to things. Considering the age we met her, I can understand why she's like that too.

In GoF movie, the 3 tasks were pretty exciting to watch. I remember being upset when Cedric died when I read the book but when I watched the movie, I was even more upset than I should be. It was just well-acted all around, imo.
I think it was easy to make Hermoine the "super" brainy sidekick, in comparison to Ron because she was the only main female in the trio. Ginny although smart character was relegated in the movies to barely there at times. So Hermoine was the one who in the books described her as a "know-it-all" and was really trying to prove it. Probably because of her status of... She was always trying to prove, and ultimately she was the reason Harry could get as far as he did in the mission. Because of her knowledge.

As she said in the books, not so much in the movies that she read all their text books while Harry and Ron just slid by on her knowledge or their skills.

And Emma really sold it.

The Goblet of Fire test was actually pretty dangerous. I am surprised that was a tradition. I guess they needed to make it truly dangerous to show Ron that Harry would be crazy to have put his name up for it, even if he had wanted to...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
You mean Quidditch? I think they still will. I actually want to know who joined Quidditch from the next generation kids? Were Harry & Ginny's children also part of Quidditch? Or were Ron & Hermione's kids a part of the team too?
Yeah, Quidditch or it was something else? I can't remember which one..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
The Goblet of Fire test was actually pretty dangerous. I am surprised that was a tradition. I guess they needed to make it truly dangerous to show Ron that Harry would be crazy to have put his name up for it, even if he had wanted to...
When I first read the tasks in GoF, I thought they were super dangerous for students to even partake in even if they are good at spells. I mean the first task was a freaking dragon for crying out loud! But at the same time, I also found it exciting. Being out there on your own and relying on your wits and skills as a wizard. Harry being the hero, I wasn't worried for but it was still interesting how he managed to finish all the tasks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Yeah, Quidditch or it was something else? I can't remember which one..
Oh or you mean the Triwizard Tournament? I think they'll continue with it still. The thing was, during Harry's time it was dangerous because Lord Voldemort was around. Since he's defeated already, I don't think there will be trouble at those tournaments anymore provided that no student used the Confundus Charm or does dark magic to the tasks or even the Cup.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Oh or you mean the Triwizard Tournament? I think they'll continue with it still. The thing was, during Harry's time it was dangerous because Lord Voldemort was around. Since he's defeated already, I don't think there will be trouble at those tournaments anymore provided that no student used the Confundus Charm or does dark magic to the tasks or even the Cup.
I would say both after everything happen w/ Harry plus Hogwarts school already damage..

is that what you want?

Old 11-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Moderator Manager

The third task was probably, at least for me, the most nerve-wracking. If I was there, I'd be scared of dragons but I can usually get my head on straight for that. I'm scared of drowning but if there's a way not to drown for the 2nd task, I'll be fine. But mazes? Mazes scare me because I don't know when I'll ever get out.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think for me was the ocean bec I haven't swim for years and I can't swim that deep like that.. But other two, I'm okay w/ that..

is that what you want?

Old 11-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh really? I'm not a good swimmer but I'm fine as long as it's not too deep. Besides, we can have spells to swim so we won't drown so I'm actually okay with that. With a maze, I'm more scared because I wouldn't know what's waiting for me or what creature will come for me when I turn on a corner.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I haven't swim, so I forget plus I'm short since I prob freak out if I go deep.. I wouldn't mind to try w/ maze since I wonder how long I can figure it out. .I prob drop the candy to see if it's same route..

is that what you want?

Old 12-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Moderator Manager

So amongst the 3 tasks, which do you think would you fare well? Hmmm, I think I should change the thread title to that question.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

I prob say the maze..

is that what you want?

Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Mine would be the 2nd task as long as I have all the spells and potions and other magic mumbo jumbo I need to be in the water for a long period of time. The Merpeople are scary but if I have a spell for them, I'd be fine. And I am more inclined to do my best if I see my best friends or loved one half-dead in the water and I'm their only hope of living.

I'd fail with the 1st and 3rd task. Or it will take me a long time to do it. Dragons are scary and I don't know if I'm good riding a broom. The maze is also super scary for me and I will always have that gut feel that I'll never get out of it and would feel suffocated.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Honestly, I would said ocean then maze then dragons bec I would be freaking out the most w/ dragons..

is that what you want?

Old 12-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Moderator Manager

I'd be scared of dragons plus I'm not sure if I'm super good with brooms. Remember, Harry got the largest dragon out of them all. He had to chase it all over Hogwarts before he was able to defeat it and get the egg. It was sooooo hard.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Plus it seems that dragons are more complication..

is that what you want?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Moderator Manager

new thread

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top