Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Moderator Manager

More CC reactions from me now that I'm done reading (zeze, I'll reply to your post tomorrow):

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguoc (View Post)
I will be absconding when the spoiler tags come off. I already know some spoilers (I went looking for something to tide me over) but I'm seeing the play in December and I'm going to try to not read the book before then. I hope everyone is enjoying it!
Wow, that's great! Tbh, I want to see this as a play rather than just read it because the story is meant to be a play.

Quote:
Fantastic review of the script from the Telegraph: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: even on the page, the emotion is devastating
Thanks for this. I'm off to read more reviews now that I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
PARTIAL REACTIONS

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
They may have to wait till the original film cast are in their 30s.
I can't imagine a harry potter movie without Dan, Rupert and Emma playing the Golden Trio. I hope if ever they are offered to reprise the roles, i hope they accept.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Somebody made an interesting comment on Reddit and I'll put it in spoiler tag. The person has a very good point, it does look like a pretty big plot hole:

Spoiler:
Old 08-02-2016, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nah, they won't make it into feature. No matter the money factor. But they will film the production. That's definitely the fastest route. But first it has to run for a while in London. I'll use Hamilton again as an example. Massive success on Broadway. Big demand for it as well. They're filming a performance and it's airing on PBS later and will be available to purchase after that. This is succeeding as a PLAY for a reason. It's using all the proper theatrical tropes and it has created a few ingenious new ones that can only work in a play format. Strip those away to convert it to a feature film and it will destroy all the magic it was using that made the play work so well. I would hope WBs stay clear away from trying.

I'd much rather see the West End production filmed since they're getting so many rave reviews and now that I've read the book I can only picture Jamie as Harry. Poppy as Ginny, Anthony as Scorpius, Sam as Albus and Noma as Hermione etc.

As for the plot hole assumption.
Spoiler:

Last edited by baileycat; 08-02-2016 at 03:44 AM
Old 08-02-2016, 03:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
(zeze, I'll reply to your post tomorrow):
I'm looking forward to see your reply Lindsay I added a few things regarding my opinion on Ron.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
Nah, they won't make it into feature. No matter the money factor. But they will film the production. That's definitely the fastest route. But first it has to run for a while in London. I'll use Hamilton again as an example. Massive success on Broadway. Big demand for it as well. They're filming a performance and it's airing on PBS later and will be available to purchase after that. This is succeeding as a PLAY for a reason. It's using all the proper theatrical tropes and it has created a few ingenious new ones that can only work in a play format. Strip those away to convert it to a feature film and it will destroy all the magic it was using that made the play work so well. I would hope WBs stay clear away from trying.

I'd much rather see the West End production filmed since they're getting so many rave reviews and now that I've read the book I can only picture Jamie as Harry. Poppy as Ginny, Anthony as Scorpius, Sam as Albus and Noma as Hermione etc.
Under that logic, plays wouldn't ever become films, except that...there have been film adaptations of plays since the very beginning of movies in the silent era.

There is no way whatsoever that Warner Brothers won't make a film out of this; Harry Potter is their biggest cash cow of the last quarter century...Heck, they might make TWO films, the ending of Part 1 is a great cliffhanger, after all.

I'm sure that a filmed version of the play will be available eventually as well.

BTW, I'm sure Hamilton will be made into a film eventually as well...

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 08-02-2016, 03:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Somehow, i fail to see WB turning their back on a billion dollars profit for making a movie about CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Ok, I will vent it all out, read it if you want, I don't care, I just need to say it

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 08-02-2016, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yet I can see Jo having something in a contact that makes sure they play stays as a play only and not a feature. Perhaps many years after the contract expires they'll make a feature but it will be loooooooooooong after the play has toured everywhere on the planet first. So you're going to be waiting for quite a while.

As for Warner Bros, they're focused on the Fantastic Beasts trilogy right now, thankfully.

DamnUnited Adult Ron was awesome!
Old 08-02-2016, 04:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yet I can see Jo having something in a contact that makes sure they play stays as a play only and not a feature. Perhaps many years after the contract expires they'll make a feature but it will be loooooooooooong after the play has toured everywhere on the planet first. So you're going to be waiting for quite a while.

As for Warner Bros, they're focused on the Fantastic Beasts trilogy right now, thankfully.

DamnUnited Adult Ron was awesome!
What Does It Mean? Warner Bros. Acquires "Cursed Child" Trademarks - MuggleNet

Warner Brothers has applied for trademark on the "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" title, which would include a license to make "motion picture films"

They would not have done that unless they had the rights from Jo.

So yea, the film(s) is(are) happening.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 08-02-2016, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if they would make it into two movies, since the play is in two parts.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Again, the film will probably be the recording of the play. Not a rework into a feature. This way they'll be able to keep it at the full intended length in the format that it was designed for.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

Just speaking hypothetically.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnUnited (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

and also another thing:

Spoiler:

Last edited by zeze88; 08-02-2016 at 08:20 AM
Old 08-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Spoiler:

and also another thing:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Again, the film will probably be the recording of the play. Not a rework into a feature. This way they'll be able to keep it at the full intended length in the format that it was designed for.

Again, Warner Brothers is not going to apply for a trademark if they did not intend to make a motion picture, nor would they apply for a trademark if they didn't have the rights from Rowling. Studios apply for trademarks only for material they intend to remake into movies, games and novelizations of movies because the studio will own part of the copyright rights in regards to profits. The copyright of a "filmed play" belongs solely to the authors of the play. This is the reason movie studios don't release filmed plays for theatrical release under the studiohead banner, but rather rework the material into a motion picture for release.

The studio will solve the "length problem" simply, they'll make TWO movies out of it, doubling or tripling the profits for the studio. The ending of Part One is a perfect cliffhanger, after all.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top