Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
Look-a-likes Cool!

That thing at Edinburgh castle looks fab. My national newspaper was running a competition to go to the event but you had to be no older than 14 Older kids love HP too!
Seriously.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, i know *sigh* I was like "WTF?" Otherwise i'd totally have entered!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

bloomsbury back cover art for HBP

No spoilers here guys, don't worry, there's no text revealed. Just lots and lots of speculation!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Wow That looks awesome.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
Look-a-likes Cool!

That thing at Edinburgh castle looks fab. My national newspaper was running a competition to go to the event but you had to be no older than 14 Older kids love HP too!
Yeah. Like me. I'm twice as old. Does that mean if I had won the competition I could have gone to Edinburgh twice?

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 06-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the book cover. I think the clasped hands belong to Harry and Dumbledore

Quote:
Does that mean if I had won the competition I could have gone to Edinburgh twice?
Hehe I wish it did. I'd just love to go and meet JK and hear excerpts from the book. Lucky little brats
Old 06-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Loving the cover too. I agree with the clasped hands, one looks quite old, and the other is young. But whats with the boat? It reminds me of a sort of underground lake/cavern thing.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:07 AM
New Fan

SPOILERS ABOARD (MAYBE)
Love the Australian version cover. At least it gives a bit more away than the last book (what on earth is a bird gonna tell us about the book) Looks like there's gonna be a bit of an adventure even though I heard from some news on Mugglenet and this was a rumour that it was going to be ver romance related but who knows?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Total Fan

Haha, in Australia you have to be betwen 8 and 16! I missed out by 4 years, damn those children!!!
I want to know who the ring belongs to on the spine of the cover! The boat and (...is that a glowing bird bath? ) are odd. The hands do look young and old, or like they are fighing, maybe its Harr/Volemort...

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Maclean's Magazine:

Who's doomed in Harry-land?

More characters perish in the next-to-last instalment of J.K. Rowling's saga

PATRICIA TREBLE

On Saturday, July 16, devoted fans will buy about 20 quadrillion copies of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. All those readers will be wondering: Who dies this time? Harry's beloved godfather, Sirius Black, was killed in the last book. With the wizarding world now in civil war, the sixth and penultimate book in the series promises to be a lot bloodier. When asked on her website about whether more characters would die, author J.K. Rowling offered the terse response: "Yes. Sorry."

With no advance copies to read, fan websites are rife with utterly baseless speculation. Maclean's, thanks to a copy of Cassandra Vablatsky's Unfogging the Future purloined from Hogwarts library -- and, admittedly, a trawl through the online betting world (Blue Square has Dumbledore in the lead) -- knows better. Hence the following, smart-money measure of the percentage chance of death for some leading characters. Bear in mind that Rowling is firm about the dividing line between the quick and the not-so-fast-moving-anymore: "Magic cannot bring dead people back to life . . . Once you're dead, you're dead."

95%: any member of the Weasley family
They are too poor, too good (except the sycophantic Percy) and too numerous not to suffer. Molly Weasley, the mum of the family, is the likeliest candidate. It won't be easy; it took five of Voldemort's Death Eaters to kill her brothers Gideon and Fabian Prewitt. If not her, then one of the jokester twins, Fred and George. Harry's friend Ron will live.

75%: Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts headmaster
Yeah, it's obvious, but that doesn't make his death any more unlikely. He's Obi-Wan Kenobi to Harry's Luke Skywalker, complete with long sweeping cloak. Just substitute wands for light sabres and he dies the good death. Or . . .

75%: Minerva McGonagall, Hogwarts deputy headmaster
The professor was seriously injured by four "stunner" curses in the last book. Elderly and virtuous is a dangerous combo. If Dumbledore lives, she dies.

55%: Neville Longbottom, Hogwarts student
Weak in the beginning, strong by book five. His parents were tortured into insanity by Death Eaters. Too tragic a family history not to die before the end.

35%: Rubeus Hagrid, school groundskeeper and teacher
Fiercely loyal to Dumbledore and Harry, he is No. 2 on the online kill list. But surely Voldemort's hench-wizards would rather nuke the brains of the opposition Order of the Phoenix than kill a loveable but spell-challenged half giant.

30%: Remus Lupin, former Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher
Fighting a war while remembering to take Wolfsbane Potion to avoid the nastier effects of his monthly transformation into a werewolf will be tricky. Injury, yes, death, no.

28%: Hermione Granger, friend of Harry
Too clever to succumb in book six but might be too clever to survive book seven.

25%: Severus Snape, Potions Master at Hogwarts
A former Death Eater now working (we think!) as a spy for the Order of the Phoenix. Voldemort is rather fond of punishing for disloyalty, but Snape will live to book seven if only to continue tormenting Harry.

0%: Lord Voldemort
Rowling didn't become a billionaire by doing stupid things like killing He Who Must Not Be Named before the finale.

0%:Harry Potter
Don't take my word for it. In 2004, Rowling said Harry will survive "to book seven."

Online Poll
Old 06-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

I still think either Arthur or Dumbledore dies.. *ignoring the Percy comment in the article* lallala not listening...
Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Banned

I thought that was a major spoiler there for a minet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005270234,00.html

This is about them men who are on trial for stealing the book and tha...
Old 06-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I find it interesting that Percy wasn't on the list and yet Molly was. If anyone has "heroic comeback and self sacrificing" written on his forehead, it's Percy.

Thanks for the transcribe quarterley.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
I find it interesting that Percy wasn't on the list and yet Molly was. If anyone has "heroic comeback and self sacrificing" written on his forehead, it's Percy.
*blinks* You think Percy's going to die?
Naaah, not going to happen. At least I don't think so. Noup. (sorry sorry just had to comment on that )
Old 06-14-2005, 09:28 AM
New Fan

Hello Everyboby, sorry for disturbing, perhaps I´m not welcome.
But I think that as PotterFan I should say something.
I think Dan is not close to Rupert ´coz they are completly different. I agree absolutly 100 percent with Alex. In my opinion Rupert is such an empty guy and so vanilla while Dan is more like cool and so relax about everything so is Emma. That´s why Dan and Emma have a close relationship with each other. I know that is to late to say that but I needed to do.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top