Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Total Fan

Yay, pictures!!

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

So, who's lovin' the new pic then? *raises hand*

I am so excited about this movie - it looks even better than PoA!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
So, who's lovin' the new pic then? *raises hand*

I am so excited about this movie - it looks even better than PoA!
I love the pics too. I'm not sure it will be better then PoA (hehe I loved that movie) but I think it will be close!

I only hope they didn't cut out too much stuff

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 06-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Love that pciture. I wish they would release more pics.

As for some not so nice news:

From the Irish Examiner

Quote:
Shots fired in stolen Harry Potter drama

Two men were arrested today after shots were fired during what is thought to be a newspaper deal to buy a stolen copy of the new Harry Potter novel, police said.

Police were called to Tresham Street in Kettering, Northants, this morning after reports that a weapon had been fired.

Surrounding streets were closed and armed officers scoured the area for the gun involved. No weapon has yet been found, said a Northamptonshire Police spokesman.

A Sun newspaper reporter was in the middle of a deal to buy the stolen book when the incident began.

A police spokesman said today: “Northamptonshire Police were called with information that a person was attempting to sell a copy of the new Harry Potter novel and that the person was in possession of firearms.

“Police began an investigation into the allegations but in the meantime fresh allegations were made this morning that a firearm had been discharged in the property in Kettering.

“As a result of this a firearms operation was launched at a residential address in Tresham Street in Kettering town centre earlier today which resulted in two men being arrested on suspicion of theft and firearms offences.

“Two books were recovered and they are currently being held in secure circumstances has evidence by Northamptonshire Police.”

The spokesman added that any weapon had not yet been recovered and the reports had not been substantiated.

A spokesman for The Sun later told the Press Association: “The newspaper was approached by someone claiming to have a copy of the new Harry Potter book.

“A reporter and photographer from The Sun met with two men with the intention of obtaining the book so it could be returned to the publisher and the police could be informed.”
And some fun fact about the upcoming GoF movie

Quote:
Harry Potter's ghostly ending for staff

The crew on Harry Potter are to have their names appear on gravestones in the film.
The graveyard features in the climax to The Goblet of Fire which see a fight between Harry and Voldemort reports The Sun.
An insider said: "It was a bit of fun for the staff and means they get a very unusual film credit."
The fourth film will be released in November.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Banned

oh theres always people trying to steal the books and tel us all what happens, but it just spoils the fun of waiting, but the wait wouldnt be the same without it.

at the gravestones.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

JKRowling told us that todays Draco Malfoys birthday (:

Creepy, Gravestones..
Old 06-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned

have a good day you sexy beast you
Old 06-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Woo! Happy birthday Draco!

That's not so good about the stolen book. Why i am not surprised that it was a reprter from the Sun who was involved?
Old 06-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

OMG and I thought we were crazy about the book here I can't imagine shooting someone over Harry Potter *shakes head*

I love the idea of putting the cast names on grave stones! that is cool. hehe as long as it isn't bad luck

Happy Birthday Draco It is cool that both Draco and Harry are summer babies.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 06-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Total Fan

Cara it was you buying the stolen HP book wasn't it?

I want my name on a grave stone, but still be alive to look at it!!!
Happy B'day Draco!

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I want my name on a grave stone, but still be alive to look at it!!!
Yeah, that would rock I think it's really cool that the cast and crew are doing that!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Addicted Fan

A bit OT but I thought this was funny:

From Times Online

Quote:
Harry Potter lookalike fails to see the joke

WITH his boyish looks, mop of hair and round glasses, Jan-Peter Balkenende, the Dutch Prime Minister, has often been compared to the boy wizard Harry Potter. He even posed once with a poster of Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Potter in the films.

But when he was reminded of his resemblance to J. K. Rowling’s hero after his country’s dramatic rejection of the European constitution, he couldn’t see the joke. And yesterday, after an unlikely diplomatic tiff between the neighbouring low countries, he took a call from Guy Verhofstadt, the Belgian Prime Minister, who apologised for the remark.

Charging the Dutch with bungling the referendum campaign, Karel De Gucht, the sharp-tongued Belgian Foreign Minister, had told a Flemish newspaper: “Balkenende is a mix between Harry Potter and a worthy burgher, a man in whom I detect no trace of charisma.”

Brussels spent the weekend trying to soothe the feelings of its neighbour. Mr Verhofstadt telephoned Mr Balkenende to apologise and Mr De Gucht sent his excuses. However, that did not stop him expanding on his views yesterday in De Standaard, the main Flemish newspaper. He said that his remarks had been taken out of context.

But by then, Ben Bot, the Dutch Foreign Minister, had already summoned a Belgian envoy to The Hague for an official carpeting.
Duh! And they say Germans have no sense of humor!

Anyway, I'd rather stay with Daniel Radcliffe:

Jan-Peter Balkenende

And this is from the Salt Lake Tribune:

Quote:
Marketing for new Harry Potter book unusual

How do you market something that's already so popular it doesn't need marketing? Answer: any way you want.
Or any way she wants, in the case of J.K. Rowling, whose sixth Harry Potter novel is due out next month. After just seven years, the Harry series is on the short list of the greatest literary phenomena of all time, and shows no signs of flagging: In the U.S. alone, there are now roughly 103 million hardcover and paperback copies in print of the first five Harry Potter titles. Readers eager to buy the Half-Blood Prince have already pushed the book to the top-selling position on Amazon.com Inc.'s Web site and on Barnes & Noble Inc.'s retail Web site.
In other words, Rowling's publishers aren't exactly worried about buying enough radio spots.
Rather, the marketing logic behind Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is very much dictated by the author's goals, which include pleasing her fans and largely bypassing the established media. The strategy is similar to one used by some politicians and movies stars: They eschew multiple magazine and newspaper interviews by going straight to their fans in more benign, controllable appearances.
In a departure from the promotion of her last book, Rowling is not planning to grant any interviews to the press in the United Kingdom when the latest Harry installation is published July 16.
This time around, the marketing centerpiece is a contest sponsored by her U.K. publisher that will enable 70 youngsters age 8 to 16 to meet and ''grill'' her after they've traveled to Scotland's Edinburgh Castle as part of a weekend-long celebration surrounding the book's publication.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:12 AM
Banned

that dutch man. it was just a joke....

omgaaa, i could go and ask her loads of questions, where do apply or whatevs?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Wanted: Harry and Hermione Look-a-likes
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 06-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Look-a-likes Cool!

That thing at Edinburgh castle looks fab. My national newspaper was running a competition to go to the event but you had to be no older than 14 Older kids love HP too!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top