Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Addicted Fan

The Daily Prophet - The latest Harry Potter News #8

New thread, new news

From Manchester Online

Quote:
Brian Potter out, Harry Potter in

BOLTON found new fame thanks to Peter Kay and his comedy creation Brian Potter in Phoenix Nights - but it's now worshipping a very different Potter.

The town has ordered more advance copies of the sixth JK Rowling book, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, than anywhere else in Britain.

Until now, Bolton has been best known for comic Peter and his own Potter character, the wheelchair-bound owner of the Phoenix Club.

But the July launch of the next Harry Potter book is taking the town by storm and the local Woolworths has had to increase orders by 600 per cent.

Store manager Paul Box said: "We're the top store in the country because our staff are big fans. Either that, or there's a big population of wizards I'm not aware of."
(Old News )

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Wow, took me a while to find the new thread. But yay, new thread!

@ "... Either that, or there's a big population of wizards I'm not aware of."
Old 05-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Great news for all German fans: The German edition of HPB will be released October 1st 2005 (Not that I really care. I'm not going to read it in German anyway. )

Old 05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
From Mugglenet.com
A call from... Jo Rowling (!!!)
"Hello, Emerson? This is Jo."

[pause]

"You believe me, don't you?"

[pause] [thinking: did you think there was even the slightest chance I wouldn't recognize your voice?]

[laughs] "Yes, you believe me."

The rest of it, I'm sorry to say, went by in a blur. Unlike Melissa from TLC, I had no prior warning to expect this phone call so I didn't have my thinking cap on and was caught unawares. It was 9am and that's still middle-of-the-night according to my messed up body clock.

OK, getting to the point: she invited myself and Melissa to interview her in her house on the day of the HBP release. This is especially cool because this will (we think) be the only interview she'll be doing for the book launch. And we of course won't be asking any of the stupid questions most HP-ignorant reporters ask. Yes, we'll make ours count. In fact, we'll be working with you guys on them, but we'll get to that later.

This was 10 days ago. Bloomsbury, of course, wanted us to keep it hush-hush (which is an understatement - we couldn't tell anybody...even our pets! OK, we could tell them, but only if we were sure they could keep a secret.) until they announced it officially. But as you can imagine, we had a very difficult time doing that. In her post, Melissa pasted in mountains of IM conversations we had trying to keep each other sane which consist of mostly exclamation points and random scrambling of the keys. I would encourage you not to read them. Oh yes, it was a rough 10 days...but now you know.

Edit: I can fit two small people in my suitcase, if anyone is interested.
I'm so happy for them! I mean, moderating such big HP sites for so long and then getting to finally meet the one person that creates everything must be a really big dream come true for them.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh man, I would be flipping out! What an experience. And she couldn't have chosen two better representatives of the Harry Potter fandom. She knows what really counts.

That's fantastic news for both of them.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Another look at Katie Leung:

Quote:
New GOF report, cast interviews and pics
Weekly Reader has posted a special on the Goblet of Fire movie, which includes a brief set report and interviews with Dan Radcliffe, Katie Leung (Cho), Stanislav Ianevski (Krum) and Robert Pattinson (Cedric). The report also takes a look some of the filming:

On this particular afternoon, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is preparing to film a key scene with Katie Leung (Cho Chang) in the owlery. Crew members adjust the lighting and test the sound. When everything is ready and the camera is rolling, director Mike Newell shouts "Action!"

On-camera, Cho breaks the news to Harry that she already has a date to the Yule Ball. Off-camera, animal trainers perched on ladders and scaffolding direct live owls to swoop behind Leung, as if they are arriving at Hogwarts. Although the scene is being shot indoors in front of a large green screen, there will be snowy mountain scenery behind Leung in the final cut. The scene, which might last 30 seconds on film, takes more than two hours to shoot from various angles.

Additionally, the report offers brand new pictures of Katie, Ianevski and Robert.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for posting that, artist! I read Dan and Katie's interviews so far. I thought it was interesting how Dan said him and Rupert aren't close. And laughed about Katie wanting to change Cho's character. Good stuff those interviews.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Total Fan

JK has updated (partialy) her site.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Great new info on JKR's site. I'm glad she's giving interviews to Mugglenet and the HP Lexicon.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Krum pic
I love this pic. He look so dreamy (even if I didn't like him first, but now )

OMG, Jo calling someone. Jealousy level rising.-.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow... JK calling people. That's cool!

As for that pic of Stanislav Ianevsky... yeah... he looks alright And even Robert Pattinson looks OK

Old 05-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Nice picture of "Krum."
Old 05-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sBabygirl
Thanks for posting that, artist! I read Dan and Katie's interviews so far. I thought it was interesting how Dan said him and Rupert aren't close. And laughed about Katie wanting to change Cho's character. Good stuff those interviews.
I know I was shocked about Dan's statement that they don't really know each other, maybe it has to do with the age difference.

Icon by sourburst
Old 05-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Maybe Rupert's shy. I've heard that, too. He might be more of a keep to himself type of person. But I don't know how he gets along with with the rest of the cast.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm so happy for them! I mean, moderating such big HP sites for so long and then getting to finally meet the one person that creates everything must be a really big dream come true for them

I think it's totally normal Rupert and Dan don't know each other. I mean, working in a movie is like being classmates. Are you friends with all your classmates? because I'm not, I'm only friends with 3 or 4 people and then I talk to the rest here and there, but only superficial conversations, we don't really know each other. This is because we have different opinions, different tastes in everything (from music to cinema, from books to the way we see life) and that mixed with my bit of shyness... so nobody in this world knows their 20 classmates like thy're sibling, you know... I'm sure Rupert and Dan have less in common than Emma and Dan, so they are not very close because of that (it's my opinion)
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top