Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Okay, so kinda lots of stuff happened:

Quote:
Scholastic announces HBP contest
The American book publisher today announced a writing contest with the grand prize being a trip over to London in celebration of Half-Blood Prince.

To enter, kids under 18 must write an essay (under 300 words) explaining "Why I Love Reading Harry Potter." Ten lucky winners will depart on the last flight out of New York City to London on July 15th. On the flight, you'll receive your copy of Half-Blood Prince at 12:01 AM and read it for the remainder of the time over to London.

For full details, click here.
Quote:
JKR.com updates with FAQ poll answer
The poll has been up for a while, but it looks like Jo made up for it with her very lengthy answer to the question:

What is the significance of Neville being the other boy to whom the prophecy might have referred?

UPDATE: Jo has updated the rumors regarding the FAQ poll.
Quote:
Dan sets the record straight about the Weekly Reader article
Both DanRadcliffe.com and DanRadcliffe.co.uk received a reponse from Dan about the Weekly Reader article this morning, regarding his friendship with Rupert. This is what he had to say about it:

"I usually do not make any comment on postings on websites however, I have been made aware that a simple answer I gave in an interview to Weekly Reader re my relationship with Rupert has sent people into a maelstrom of speculation. It has shocked me that the words "I don't spend much time with Rupert" has been interpreted in so many grossly inaccurate ways.

FACT: I like Rupert, I get on with Rupert, we are friends and when we are on set together we have a good laugh.

We don't spend much time together off set - because there isn't any! Those of you who are familiar with GoF will know that there are many scenes in which Ron doesn't appear Also, I am still at school and when I am not on set filming I am in tutoring and when Rupert is not needed for filming he is not in the studio. But, we are good friends and any suggestion otherwise is wrong".
Quote:
First Official Picture of Cho Chang Released
The first official picture of Katie Leung, Cho Chang, from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has been released by Warner Bros. to CBBC Newsround.

The brief article accompanying the picture notes her interests and also has a poll question for fans: “Does Cho Chang look how you expected?”
Quote:
New 'Goblet of Fire' books, images

With the release of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire still months away, Barnes & Noble is now taking pre-orders for four new books with images from the movie. The book covers include new images and will go on sale in October and range in price from $3.99 to $6.99.

Go here for photos.
Quote:
Rupert to Star in 'Driving Lessons'
Rupert Grint, Ron from the Harry Potter movies is reportedly to star Driving Lessons with Julie Walters and Laura Linney. Filming is scheduled to start filming next month in London and Edinburgh.

About the movie:
The story centers on a shy vicars' son (Grint) with an overprotective mother whose world changes when he meets a retired actress.
Phew! Discuss.

Last edited by artist; 05-16-2005 at 02:47 PM
Old 05-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

doesnt julie walters already play Ruperts mother in harry potter molly weasley?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes she does. Can you say typecasting? JK

I think I'm most excited to hear Rupert's news. That's awesome that we'll get to see him in other films besides HP. Good for him and the movie sounds great.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Opening Weekend Gross

The New York Times today has an article about the new Star Wars movie that had a chart showing the top 10 opening weekend grosses. The HP movies have 3 of the top 6 places:

1. Spider-Man
2. Shrek 2
3. POA
4. Matrix Reloaded
5. PS/SS
6. COS

PS/SS is the top-grossing HP movie overall: $317.6 million. Titanic, at $601 million, is still the top-grossing movie overall ever.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

ooh that is cool news about Rupert's new movie

Also very cool that there are 3 HP movies in the top 6 places

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Absolute Fan

I enjoyed reading JKR answer to the prophecy question. That's pretty much what I thought. I better understand why Neville ended up in Gryffindor, although it became more apparent to me in book 5.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The whole Dan and Rupert thing was a huge deal... Poor Dan But he kinda expressed in the wrong way.

Icon by sourburst
Old 05-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Riiight.

So, Stanislav Ianevski (Viktor Krum) and the hotness that is Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) attended the House of Wax premiere in Leicester Square, London.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Great pictures. Robert Pattinson is a hottie. Stanislav Ianevski isn't too bad either.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Total Fan

I don't think either of them are that great...Robert is the better looking of them both though.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Oh, Stanislav is a hottie
Old 05-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Addicted Fan

I actually find Stanislav Yanevski more attractive than Robert Pattinson. Maybe he is not the world's most handsome man (how could he, that position is already taken by Robbie Williams ) but I think he looks very interesting and that makes him (to me) more attractive than Robert Pattinson

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Dementors in U.S. Politics?

A quote from Harry Potter made it into an MSNBC.com article about U.S. politics today:

"... Dementor, the frightening creature in the Harry Potter saga. According to one reference work, "Those kept in the company of a Dementor for too long are often driven insane" and it wouldn't be surprising by week's end if .... felt he was succumbing to that fate."

One of the reporters must be a HP fan!

--Laura

Last edited by bluestockinghp; 05-27-2005 at 12:31 PM
Old 05-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

POA won a Spacey Award for favourite movie!
I voted only once thinking it didn't have a chance against SM2 but I was sooo wrong I guess. Coolness.
------
TORONTO --
In big-screen categories, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was the year's favourite movie, beating out The Incredibles; I, Robot; Shrek 2 and Spider-Man 2 - although Spidey did win a record four Spaceys. They were for favourite movie hero as well as favourite villain (Alfred Molina's Doc Ock), best comic-book adaptation and best action sequence, for the climactic subway fight.

Paul Gratton, vice-president and general manager of the Space channel, which produces the Spaceys, concedes Spidey was considered the favourite to win over Harry Potter.

"We thought it (Potter) might skew a bit younger than the average Space viewer, but at the end of the day . . . that one was a fairly tight race."
------
Old 05-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I thought this was pretty funny:

from contactmusic.com:
Quote:
HARRY POTTER BLIGHTED BY ACNE

HARRY POTTER movie makers have been forced to turn to special effects because the film's adolescent stars are suffering from acne.

The magical movie's lead stars, DANIEL RADCLIFFE, 15, (HARRY POTTER), 17-year-old RUPERT GRINT, (RON WEASLEY) and EMMA WATSON, 15, (HERMIONE GRANGER), are particularly suffering the painful skin condition - prompting panicking producers of HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE to employ technicians to enhance the teenagers' skins on screen.

An insider says, "We have had to employ a special effects man to go through every frame clearing up their complexions."
Why are they making such a huge deal about it? Or maybe they're just [really] running out of things to report.