Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

I always thought Cho meant autumn. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It sort of sounds like how you'd say it Chinese. A bit. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2003, 01:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Some people think her name is Chinese some think Japanese.. others think Korean. I don't know any of those languages so maybe I'm wrong! heh! I'm not familiar with Korean names but it does'nt sound Japanese to me. So the Chinese meaning is probably right.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 07-28-2003, 04:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn_Evenstar:
[QB]NOOOOOOOOOO... I think it could be just the character 'Lori'. I find her quite annoying... so I hope this is all wrong. I used to watch her on the tribe.. she did an American accent in that one which was ok.
Yeah, she does play Lori.

Here's another pic:

I find her character in "Neighbours" a bit annoying but I do think she looks like how I imagine Cho.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I was watching neighbours today.. and physically she looks like a good Cho. She may be 18 but I think Michelle Ang could play 15. The rumours are'nt true though... I was just at the newsround website. No one's been cast for GOF.

I don't know if it's just me but I tend to find that Caucasian teens look so much older than Asian teens. So if they were casting a true Asian 15 year old she would look younger. So they may actually go for the much older girl. I think I've said this before...

Old 07-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Thought I'd decorate the place.

I love the picture although I think Cho's hair should be much longer.

The picture below sparked a huge debate! you can read
here

Old 07-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Ahh, I can't see the pic. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

OK, I know we've already discussed the whole name issue, but Cho's name could also mean 'grass'. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I hope my translation is right. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

i really used to like harry and cho but she pissed me off in OOtP.

not enough room for my HP quote - damn it

*marina*
Old 07-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I like Cho and I don't... I just wanted to state that I'm really happy that J.K put an Asian person in the book because it shows that Asians are not being forgotten! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I like that the Asian is pretty and smart! Just the way it should be [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry.

Men I LOVE...
Danny.Hyde.Legolas.Billy

God Bless America
To the men who risk their lives for freedom, RIP
Old 08-06-2003, 07:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

When she got everything settled out,adbn she had dealt with her problems I just hope she turns back to her normal,adorable and nice self.
however she's acting I still like her (her good side just can't disappear can it?)
Old 08-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NewYorkerInCalif:
<STRONG>I like Cho and I don't... I just wanted to state that I'm really happy that J.K put an Asian person in the book because it shows that Asians are not being forgotten! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I like that the Asian is pretty and smart! Just the way it should be [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry.</STRONG>

Just maybe a little whiny too... but just makes her a little more like a realistic person. Everyone was thinking she was quite boring...suddenly she's crying everyone thinks she's whining.... I'm looking forward to more positive developments where she's not just someone Harry fancies.

Old 08-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey guys... new girl for Cho Chang rumour...

&lt;&lt;
Autumn Norris

"Rumor Update: Autumn Norris as Cho Chang probably a false alarm

News tips poured in yesterday from readers who heard through the internet grapevine that 12 year old American actress Autumn Norris is close to being picked to play Cho Chang in the Goblet of Fire movie.

It turns out the info going around the net is that this girl is an American living in Florida, and is not Asian at all. A web site offering a picture that is supposedly Autumn Norris went down yesterday due to excessive requests, but someone emailed the picture in question to us:

As you can clearly see, the girl in the picture is not Asian. People who have heard the rumors say they heard that the producers are now willing to cast Cho as a non-Asian because they couldn't find any Asian actresses who spoke English well enough. We find it hard to believe that's true, and we find it hard to believe a non-Asian girl would be considered for the part of Cho Chang.

Stay tuned and we'll let you know if we find out anything further.&gt;&gt;

I think it's just another internet hoax but it's interesting anyway. Could'nt find any Asian actresses who could'nt speak English well enough? I can't believe that...

Old 08-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn_Evenstar:
<STRONG>Couldn't find any Asian actresses who couldn't speak English well enough? I can't believe that...</STRONG>
Same reaction here. I mean, seriously? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

icon by poordeadturtle
Old 08-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Passionate Fan

oh well who ever it is...we will find out this year or early next year right? since filming for Goblet of Fire starts in April!

Old 09-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] It's good to finally be back (again)! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Passionate Fan

My sentiments exactly!!! hopefully it won't happen again.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top