Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -:
<STRONG>don't think so, I think he is very valorated there but he just didn't choose right, maybe he just wanted to make HH for fun and for the experience to be with Harrison, </STRONG>
I Agree with that, that could be the explication to HH, but what happen in 40D&40N? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] maybe was a favor [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Okay, here I've come to hop right in with this [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Halloween H20~ Okay, I'm a sucker for 'scary' movies. I just love them, I watch them, I critize them, they're just awesome. I thought that this was the perfect way to end the Halloween movies... you know, by Jamie Lee Curtis chopping off Michael Meyers head. I liked Josh's performance, and it was an interesting movie, even if it was slightly corny. The only problem with it, is that they went on to make another one. If they had just let Mike die with this one, I think this movie would be better appreciated.

The Faculty~ Another 'scary' movie persay. I loved this movie, I thought that it was hilarious, had a perfect cast, and actually could capture the audiences attention. I mean, c'mon, we all know that teachers really are possesed alien things [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Josh's performance as Zeke was excellent, and the whole cherry condom thing was just down-right amusing [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was a great way to kind of kick off his career.

The Virgin Suicides~ Love, love, love this movie! Josh's performance was slightly out of character, and definitley not something that I would expect from him, but wonderful none-the-less. The whole movie was spectacular, and the wig was... well, just funny. A very good decision on Josh's part.

Here On Earth~ Ewww! Okay, this was not a good decision on Josh's part, but I can see how this would appeal to him in the beginning. It was mainly the Leelee-Chris interaction that made this movie horrible. The chemistry just wasn't there, and therefore that overshadowed the entire movie.

Blow Dry~ Well.... it was interesting. A little psychotic and wacky, but not completely horrible. Not too much to say for this movie, it was too weird.

Town and Country~ Actually, I didn't think that this movie was all that bad. Definitley not a Blockbuster or anything, but it wasn't bad for a couple of hours entertainment. Josh wasn't in it much, and the lack of his absense was disappointing, but hey, he can't always be the star.

Pearl Harbor~ I loved, loved, loved this movie! I fully admit it, I am a Pearl Harbor addict. It was witty, had a good storyline, and was pretty accurate with all the historical stuff. I loved Danny... and I bawl every time I see this movie. It's one of my favorites for sure. Plus the supporting and all over ensemble cast was great.

'O'~ Holy cow, this was an intense movie! It was great, I loved Josh's performance... he was Hugo. He was dark, mysterious, and seriously deranged. I loved it. His performance really scared me, and I think it was his best performance, because he really made you believe that he was evil. Bloody brilliant.

Black Hawk Down~ This movie was spectacular. I normally hate war movies, but went to see it for Josh. All I have to say is that the whole movie totally blew me away. It really captured the essence of war, and what it's like. Josh's performance was outstanding. The Academy Awards were retarded for not nominating it for more things.

40 Days & 40 Nights~ I actually really liked this movie! I thought it was a great comedy role for Josh to do. Most of his roles have taken place in "Dramedy's" and I thought it was great to see him in a comedic role. I thought he did quite a nice job. The plot was also hilarious. The only thing I didn't like was the ending... they probably could've made it better. But, hey, it was a sexy man in a comedy about sex. You can't argue with that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hollywood Homicide~ This is actually the only Josh movie that I haven't seen. I'll keep you updated on my opinion of it though [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 12-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I mean, c'mon, we all know that teachers really are possesed alien things
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Quote:
and the whole cherry condom thing was just down-right amusing
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] omg, that poor teacher.. I found it so sweet that in the end Zeke ended up with the teacher [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] she actually was like a 10-year-old girl

Quote:
It really captured the essence of war
yes [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I loved BHD so much, and the book is as good as themovie, I've read the first half of it and I was addicted during the summe,r couldn't stop reading.. but then school began again and I could not continue, I will next summer
Old 12-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
'O'~ Holy cow, this was an intense movie! It was great, I loved Josh's performance... he was Hugo. He was dark, mysterious, and seriously deranged. I loved it. His performance really scared me, and I think it was his best performance, because he really made you believe that he was evil. Bloody brilliant.
That's exactly what i was looking for:
Josh was Hugo!

He sourprised me a lot.
Like Ryan Gosling did in The Believer, i thought he was just a..."pst" actor, funny and all that. But that movie was excellent. Well no, wait HE was excellent.

And Josh did the same. He has always been a pretty face for me and when i saw "O" i was like... [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] he's so much more than what i thought!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 12-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Supreme Fan

His performance in 'O' was down right frightening it was so believable *shudders* Ooh, it gave me goosebumps! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Heh, I love The Faculty, it's great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The whole movie was just amusing [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And BHD... it's just amazing. It ranks right up there with Saving Private Ryan for the best war movie.
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 12-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
He sourprised me a lot.
Like Ryan Gosling did in The Believer, i thought he was just a..."pst" actor, funny and all that. But that movie was excellent. Well no, wait HE was excellent.
oh yeah man [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I wish they did a movie together, I really want it
Old 12-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

I guess I'll jump into the discussion.

In terms of his acting..Black Hawk Down, The Virgin Suicides and O have been his strongest roles, in my opinion. The were also the most intense movies he's done so far.

Halloween H20 and The Faculty were great to get him started, you know? And I love those movies.

Pearl Harbour....ehhhhh...I'm tempted to say I didn't like this movie. Well, to be honest, I dont. Not because of Josh, I think he did ok in it, but Ben just ruined it for me. That, and I don't think the storyline (the love storyline) was written well at all. But with what he was given, Josh did ok.

And for some reason, I really liked Blow Dry [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I have NO idea why, its certainly not Josh's accent *cringe* Maybe its Alan Rickman. I love him! (Prof Snape, anyone? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Whenever I see Here on Earth I go running in the opposite direction. Its that bad [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I could do without 40 days and 40 nights..I didn't find it that funny. I hope he stays clear of roles like that in the future.

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
♦
Old 12-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

yep here on earth is with out a shadow of a doubt the worst movie he has ever been apart of! But most don´t assoiciate the movie with him it´s poor chris klein that takes that with him.

Pearl Harbor well the hype was so much that it was kinda expected to feel disapointed in the end, i however didn´t hate it but i didn´t like it either. I´ve seen it 3times and i probably won´t be seeing it again.

Blow Dry, pleh but i do enjoy british movies, nobody does comedy better than the brits that for sure.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Rachel threw off Blow Dry for me... I was like, "What the hell is going on with her?" She just didn't fit her part... at all. And Josh... he needs to work on his accent [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I'm just going to admit it, I LOVED Pearl Harbor! Pft! What's wrong with you people? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Just kidding. I know what's wrong with you [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I've got the urge to watch BHD.... but not enough time to actually do it. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] This makes me sad.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I must admit, Rachel wasnt that great in the movie either [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I've come to the conclusion I like it because of Alan Rickman [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm going to have to have a Josh marathon over Christmas Break. Infact maybe I'll combine it with an Orlando marathon *drools* What a great Christmas this will be [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
♦
Old 12-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Add Shane West in and I'll come and join you in that marathon [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Alan Rickman did a pretty good job... I was a little creeped out by the tattoo on the bottom of his foot (talk about pain!) though [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Josh's accent... er, it needs work. Lots of it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Well you can´t go wrong with that combination [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] catherine.

well now a few pics from each role

Pearl Harbor

Here on Earth

[ 12-10-2003: Message edited ellavm ]
Old 12-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

The Virgin Suicides

Black Hawk Down

The Facutly

[ 12-10-2003: Message edited ellavm ]
Old 12-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Master Fan