Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Sin City info - trailer, and more

no josh in it but it still cool to look at.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

"Sin City" & "Madman" Speculation

In an article for Newsarama, artist, writer, film-maker, actor, musician, producer and publisher Mike Allred spoke about the upcoming film adaptation of the comic "Madman" which he created and confirmed that once Director Robert Rodriguez's involvement with "Sin City" is over, the "Madman" movie will happen...eventually:

"This is always delicate since there are potentially so many naked toes that can be stepped on. More often than not it's best to keep quiet on these things in order to let them proceed correctly," Allred explained. "Having said that, Robert has made a multi-picture deal with Miramax/ Dimension and Madman is a part of that. In fact, Robert convinced them that the best way to make a comic book movie is to have the creators co-direct the films. Frank [Miller] is way ahead of me on every level and it should surprise no one that my little comic book project would take a back seat to his. In addition, Frank wrote his screenplay years and years ago but turned back to comics when the situation didn't sit right and turned his back on Hollywood. I actually hooked Robert up with Frank and Bob Schreck who helped convince Frank that Robert is a great guy and could be trusted to make a Sin City film the way Frank would want with him co-directing. I'd do anything for Robert and his wife Elizabeth. They've done more for us than I could ever say."

"So, at this time George Huang, a long time friend of Robert's and writer-director of the indy hit Swimming With Sharks is writing the Madman treatment based on the outline Robert and I put together. So, when that's approved we kick into the screenplay and if approved shoot the movie. We already have our Frank "Madman" Einstein; He's star of 2003's biggest money maker. I'm pretty sure it was the biggest box office flick (that should get a few tongues wagging). So, it either happens or it doesn't. It seems to me this is just gonna be one of those projects that just take a long time to hit the big screen. Keep in mind I was first approached about making a low-budget Madman movie right out of the gate in 1992. It should be obvious why I stopped holding my breath. But when I'm called on--just try to hold me back"

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040525b.php
Old 06-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Sin City and the Black Dahlia News

Quote:
"Gilmore Girls" thesp Alexis Bledel (news) has been added to the ensemble cast of Dimension Films' "Sin City."

Bruce Willis (news), Josh Hartnett (news), Rosario Dawson (news), Brittany Murphy (news), Jessica Alba (news) and Elijah Wood (news) star in the Robert Rodriguez (news) pic, lensing in Austin, Texas.

Bledel, who is also filming "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" for Warners, will next be seen in Miramax's "Bride and Prejudice." .

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...lexis_bledel_1

Quote:
DAHLIA START IN EARLY AUGUST

According to a report today at Dark Horizons, the start of production for Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia has been pushed back from late May to early August. This goes along with previous international reports stating that the film would begin shooting in Italy this August. Reports have also indicated that Tom Cruise hopes to begin production on Mission: Impossible 3 in August. Each film includes Scarlett Johansson in the cast. One wonders how this will happen, although the respective productions have probably (hopefully) already figured each other out..
http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/
Old 07-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Orginaly posted by Randall Flagg

Picture of Dwight from the comics:

http://hem.passagen.se/fm4/pg.htm

A summary of Dwight's story.Many actorshave been cast, but the only character in this summary I know for sure what actor is playing them is Josh Hartnett as Dwight and Mickey Rourke as Marv.
and there will be SPOILERS
Background/History:
Dwight McCarthy is the hero (or to be more accurate -- main character) of a number of Sin City stories, including "A Dame to Kill For," "The Big Fat Kill," "The Babe Wore Red," and "Family Values." He used to be a news photojournalist and photographer who was in love with a woman named Ava. She left him for the multi-millionaire Damien Lord and Dwight's life eventually fell to pieces. She returned to him in "A Dame to Kill For" and manipulated him into killing Damien Lord, at which point she attempted to shoot him to death. Dwight was saved by his friend Marv, and brought to Old Town.

While in Old Town, Dwight managed to convince Gail and the girls of Old Town to put him back together, fix his face, rebuild his body, and give him a new identity. He then hunted down Ava and killed her.

Dwight has an interesting and complex character. In the first half of "A Dame to Kill For" he is a man on the edge, attempting to keep his temper (which seems to be fairly violent) under control. After his rebuilding, he seems more "calm" and more relaxed. In the later stories, he is much more in control, both of his emotions and his actions. Although he is capable of great violence, Dwight actually tries to keep people from hurting each other. Most of his involvement in the later Sin City stories revolves around him trying to assist the girls of Old Town in some fashion.
END SPOILERS

Frank Miller is God of comics, and "A Dame to Kill For" is supposedly one of the best Sin City stories, so I'm looking forward to this movie.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

INSTEAD OF ROME AND BERLIN
According to a story today in Variety, Brian De Palma may be filming The Black Dahlia in Prague. The article says that the Los Angeles-set picture was previously headed for Berlin and Rome.

SCARLETT READY FOR DE PALMA'S 'ROMP'

Scarlett Johansson is the cover subject of the August issue of W magazine. In the interview inside (an edited version of which is available at the link above), the actress jokingly mentions that she thinks she'll have a little bit of time in between The Black Dahlia and Mission: Impossible 3 for personal things. But later on, she talks about getting ready for The Black Dahlia, saying that Brian De Palma describes Scarlett's character, Kay, as "a beautiful little package that you just want to unwrap." The author of the article says the film "will have the signature De Palma heat." Here is the paragraph about the film:

Though the two roles that made her famous are studies in sexual restraint, Johansson is getting ready to shed her inhibitions, if not her clothing. "I'm a very passionate person, a very sensual person, and I think it's wonderful to celebrate that...uh...you know...in your prime," she notes with a slightly embarrassed guffaw. "You gotta flaunt it while you got it, before things start moving around, you know?" Her character in Black Dahlia, a noir dame who toys with the affections of two detectives (played by Josh Hartnett and Mark Wahlberg), will have the signature De Palma heat. "As Brian says, she's a beautiful little package that you just want to unwrap," Johansson says. "There's some good stuff in this. There's a little romp. A little bit of romping around."

http://www.angelfire.com/de/palma/
Old 09-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Hartnett Helps in Sell of 'Sin'

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- Josh Hartnett reveals he plays an unnamed character in the adaptation of Frank Miller's stories "Sin City," directed by Robert Rodriguez ("Once Upon A Time in Mexico.")
His character doesn't make such a big appearance in this story. "I'm just in the beginning and the end," admits Hartnett while doing press for "Wicker Park." "In the script, we call him 'The Man.' So, it's kind of like take what you will from that."

The 26-year-old actor recalls, "The reason I got into it is because Robert Rodriguez needed to get the rights from Frank Miller. Frank had felt like he had been duped before. He didn't want to give the rights away to his baby, Sin City."

Hartnett tells Zap2it.com, "He [Rodriguez] was like, 'Well, just come down here for a couple days, we'll shoot a scene and show Frank that we're going to do this right.' So I went down there and then Frank gave him the rights after that."

The film follows three stories in the violent city where the cops are corrupt. Marv, played by Mickey Rourke ("Spun") is a street fighter who goes on a rampage after Goldie, played by Jamie King ("Pearl Harbor"), is killed while lying in bed with him.

The film boasts a number of well-know celebrities including Benecio Del Toro, ("Traffic") Bruce Willis ("The Sixth Sense"), Brittany Murphy ("8 Mile") Elijah Wood ("The Lord of the Rings") and Rosario Dawson ("Men in Black II.")

"Sin City" is slated for release in 2005.
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/st...-22743,00.html
Old 09-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

The Rum Diaries' recalls 'Gatsby,' Hartnett insists
September 7, 2004
BY CINDY PEARLMAN

He's not hanging out in "Wicker Park" anymore. Josh Hartnett spent a few days in Chicago filming his new movie, which opened inauspiciously over Labor Day weekend, but the Minnesota native is taking off for parts unknown for his next two projects.

First, there is the film adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson's The Rum Diaries, which goes into production soon and which stars Johnny Depp, Benicio del Toro and Nick Nolte.

It's a story of jealousy, booze and bad deals set in Puerto Rico in the 1950s.

"It's Hunter in his refined tone, which he rarely uses," Hartnett says. "It's not his wild, pushing believability self. In this one there's just a beautiful tone. I think it's his only book that's really adaptable to the big screen."

Hartnett says the screenplay reminds him of The Great Gatsby. "Johnny is the narrator and I'm the Gatsby character."

He's also signed to star with Scarlett Johansson and Mark Wahlberg in the much-awaited screen version of The Black Dahlia. It's based on James Ellroy's novel about two Los Angeles cops in the 1940s trying to track down the killer of an actress. It's based on the death of Ellroy's own mother.

"I signed for it about two years ago with a different director, but that didn't work out," Hartnett says. "Then Brian DePalma came on, and I got back into it. I'm really thrilled because I play Bucky, who is the man who investigated the death of James Ellroy's mother. ... It's going to be an exciting movie because DePalma is just perfect as the director. Ellroy is so gritty and so pessimistic, which lends itself to DePalma."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/pearl...r-cindy07.html
Old 09-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

3 pics from Sin City

you can see josh sort of in that first one
Old 09-11-2004, 02:31 AM
New Fan

If you have BitTorrent, you can watch the Comicon clip for sin city.

Simply register on this forum and after you do, you can download it here.

The first half is the Hartnett/Shelton opening scene. Wow. I never really thought much about Josh Hartnett's acting abilities, but he was fantastic in this scene, especially since one would tend to imagine an older actor playing his part (there are flashes of the characters as they are drawn in the comics, and his character does look older).
Old 09-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

omgosh thank u for that i´ll have to check that out very soon
Old 09-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

A clip from the movie with Josh´s scene

may taka a while to download but it´s worth it believe you me