Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Oooo! WIWL!!

I'll start you off easy -- what kind of music do you like?

Proud to be a card-carrying member of the ACLU.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Fan

favorite TV show from the early 90s?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Carolyn
Oooo! WIWL!!

I'll start you off easy -- what kind of music do you like?

Oh! I like a little bit of everything. From Christian Contemporary to Alternative Rock to Barbara Streisand. If I like it, I like it. Some of my fave songs are "Into The Mystic" By Van Morrison, "My Immortal" by Evanescence, "Clementine" by Bjork, "Where Your Road Leads" by Trisha Yearwood (played at my wedding!), and "Word of God Speak" by Mercy Me. See? I told you I like everything!
Old 06-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengaria
First question up....how did you come up with your posting name?

Well, I started posting on forums back at the sci-fi channel's "Roswell" board. And the only name I could think of "Wish I Was Liz". It kind of flowed and I was completely enamored with Jason Behr as "Max", so I thought it was fitting. That was over a year and a half ago, and it just stuck. I signed off all my posts as "WIWL" for short, and when I registered at Fan Forum, I kept the name in case any of my Roswell buddies were over here, too.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkieTheWeirdGirl
favorite TV show from the early 90s?
Let see, early 90s, I was a preteen....12 in 1990. To be honest, I don't remember watching much T.V. I rode my bike alot, and played outside with my friends. I didn't get into regularly watching a tv show until I was out of highschool. I was to busy!!
Old 06-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

do you like things that are sweet or salty?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
do you like things that are sweet or salty?
I like both. Most of the time if I eat to much sweet, then I have to eat something salty or vice-versa. I don't like to have either linger in my mouth to long! This question makes me think of those huge soft pretzels with cheese. Yummm.....
Old 06-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

I happen to have some of those soft pretzels in the freezer....making me think of them too.

What's your favorite movie...and why?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, I have two favorites, and by definition, I'm not supposed to have two, but I do.

My first favorite is "Aliens" with Sigourney Weaver. I like scary movies, and I also like movies with a kick-butt heroin in the driver's seat. This meets my requirments for a favorite movie. It also has "Newt" in it, and "Ripley's" maternal instinct kicks in to go into hell and save her. And we can't forget "Hicks". OMG, if there ever was a sexy man, he's it....in that movie, (he was an idiot and creepy-looking in The Abyss...which is one of my top ten, but that's neither here nor there) Anyway, I was so excited when they came out with a 3rd installment, and then I walked out of the theatre before it was even over because they killed off Newt and Hicks in the first 10 minutes. Stupid, stupid people that wrote that one! Four was even better than three and four SUCKED. ahem...okay, focus....

My second, and you are going to think I'm truly nuts, is "Logan's Run". I'm a sci-fi junkie (obviously, being a Roswell fan) but this movie, even with it's special-effects limitations of being made in1976, is great. The idea that people that "run" go to a place they think is real, but they will never get there because they are frozen by a malfunctioning robot. Sounds looney, but I guess I lilke that corny junk.

Thanks for this question, I really had to think about it, I'm a total movie-aholic so this was really fun for me to answer.

I could go on and on about some of my favorite movies, but I won't bore you guys!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Oh,Abyss is one of my top favorites. I can't imagine the bad guy as "sexy" but I'll go take a look at Alien and see what I think.....and No,I have never seen Alien before....so thanks for the tip.

Do you have siblings? And do you get along?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh,Abyss is one of my top favorites. I can't imagine the bad guy as "sexy" but I'll go take a look at Alien and see what I think.....and No,I have never seen Alien before....so thanks for the tip.
I think it's his mustache in "The Abyss" and his buggy eyes that are flittering about. Creepiness....but, he did his job, didn't he?

And, "Alien" is the first one, and really not worth watching...a tad on the boring side, "Aliens " is the second one. One of the greatest sequels of all time. Directed by James Cameron, the sequel KING.

After much thought, (I told you I liked this question!) I would also like to add "The Notebook" to my favorites. hehehe....I'm acting like this is official or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berengaria
-Do you have siblings? And do you get along?

Yes! I have two brothers, one older named Justin. And one younger named Eli. Justin is almost 29 and lives in Arlington, TX. He is a computer animator and works for the government creating realistic convoy simulators. We didn't get along growing up, and now we kinda do, but we have to make a concious effort to do it. Just in the last month, I decided I was going to quit tip-toeing around him like the rest of my family and just tell him what I think and he has called me more in the last month than he has in ten years!!! (figures) My baby brother is 19, he is currently traveling with a Christian music group driving a truck and setting-up/taking-down the stage. I guess he's a "roadie". But it changes every month. He's just like my older brother, they drive me nuts! And yes, we get along, but I'm very maternal and I yell at both of them alot, and they roll their eyes at me and say, "Okay, Jamie." hehehehe......But overall, we get along pretty well. My younger brother is my "half" brother, he is from my dad's second marriage, so we didn't grow-up together like Justin and I did. Justin and I were "latch-key" kids and tried to kill each other everyday after school until our mom got home. It was total mayhem. Ahhhh, memories.

Me and my older brother, Justin.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

Ah,what lovely,warm smiles. Glad to hear that you get along well now.

What would be your dream vacation?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIWL
And, "Alien" is the first one, and really not worth watching...a tad on the boring side
Alien BORING? God, I must be old -- it scared the stuffings out of me! I found the second one just a little too warm and fuzzy compared to the icy terror of the first.

Berry, you'll just have to watch both.

WIWL, another question -- how did you decide on what to name your daughters?

Proud to be a card-carrying member of the ACLU.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What would be your dream vacation?
Oh, let's see, I've always wanted to go over seas and "see the world". Africa, Isreal, Spain, Greece, Rome, Austrailia, Ireland, New Zealand. I wouldn't even mind back-packing. I would love to see the seven wonders of the world. There is so much to see out there and I haven't seen any of it. I made a list when I was about 18 of all the place I'd like to see. I hope one of these days I can live that dream.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Carolyn
Alien WIWL, another question -- how did you decide on what to name your daughters?

Well, my mom used to watch the soap opera "Santa Barbara" when I was little. There was a couple on there named "Cruise" and "Eden". I thought she was beautiful. I think she's on a different soap now. Anyway, after I found out I was having a girl, I wanted to name her Faith, but I couldn't find a middle name I liked to go with it. One day I was watching "Animal Planet" and the host's name (a man, btw) was "Eden McGaha". I thought, "Oooh! I love that name, so I made Faith the middle name. So thus my first daughter was "Eden Faith."

My second daughter, we had a TOUGH time with. My husband and I could not agree on a name. He likes the more traditional, and I don't. I wanted to name her something that started with an "E" to go with Eden, I don't know why. I guess because my brother and I are "Justin and Jamie" and my cousins are "Brandon and Brandi" and my best friends growing up were "Brooke and Bridget". I just liked it, I spose. I decided I liked "Evangeline", "Evan" for short, but Ben hated it. That was the only E name I liked for a girl! So then I decided I liked boys' names for girls: Michal (girly spelling for Michael, which is my hubby's middle name), Teagan, Caden, ect. Ben said no, no ,no. So I said okay, no boys names.....I liked the wierd names, Piper, Britain, Sailor, Finley. No, no, no and no. So I finally said "Okay, you pick out a first name, and I'll pick out the middle name....so our second daughter's name is "Hailey Grace". We decided that at El Chico's the day we found out for sure it was going to be a girl.

You know, as I read these, I notice I am absolutely incapable of short answers.